best authorized omega service center in the US?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
dinexus
Name: Zach

best authorized omega service center in the US?

Post by dinexus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:14 am

Title says it all – I have an inbound Omega from 2011 that I'm extremely excited about, but it might need a trip to the spa sooner than later, and I'd prefer for it to go to a BOD-approved service center. Doesn't need refinishing or parts as it appears to have been a safe queen, so probably just a quickie tune-up. That said, it's sort of a rare bird, and I'd rather it's in good hands. Heard the Seattle center had a decent reputation – that sound about right?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: best authorized omega service center in the US?

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:36 am

I’ve used Omega NJ, LA, and Seattle. Seattle is fantastic and would be my first choice.

Nesbits Watch Repair, also in Seattle, would be my second choice.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:36 am
I’ve used Omega NJ, LA, and Seattle. Seattle is fantastic and would be my first choice.

I used Nesbits for a Speedy Pro full service and they were great. Turnaround time was much faster than Omega, the cost was quite a bit less, and if I'm not mistaken they used to be an Omega service center, so they certainly have experience.

dinexus

Post by dinexus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:51 am

jswing wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:36 am

I used Nesbits for a Speedy Pro full service and they were great. Turnaround time was much faster than Omega, the cost was quite a bit less, and if I'm not mistaken they used to be an Omega service center, so they certainly have experience.
Killer insight – just shot them a note for a cost/time estimate.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:14 am

Nesbits did a great job on my 2500 PO. Will send the Speedy to them later this year.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

dinexus

Post by dinexus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:14 am
Nesbits did a great job on my 2500 PO. Will send the Speedy to them later this year.
Aw rad – what'd they do with it? Movement service and a polish? Was just quoted at 550 for the full spectrum (movement tuning, all gasket replacement, 600m waterproof check, case/bracelet touch-up) – does that sound about right?

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm

That sounds about right. I had a full movement service and some basic work to the case, but no work to the bracelet and paid $525 for that.I also needed a new spring for the bezel, I'm sure I paid less that $600 for everything. Customer service was great, Jan called me twice during the process, once to confirm what they would do to the watch and again to tell me that they would send the watch back and confirm my address.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I used the service center in Miami, got great service.

dinexus

Post by dinexus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm
That sounds about right. I had a full movement service and some basic work to the case, but no work to the bracelet and paid $525 for that.I also needed a new spring for the bezel, I'm sure I paid less that $600 for everything. Customer service was great, Jan called me twice during the process, once to confirm what they would do to the watch and again to tell me that they would send the watch back and confirm my address.
Awesome. Jan's been great so far – I think these are the guys I'm going to work with, just waiting for the watch to land so I can send it back out.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:33 pm

I think that’s about the same price as Omega Seattle.

FWIW, the head watchmaker (the boss) at Omega Seattle is Mac Nesbit, son of (and formerly with) Nesbits Watch Repair. He’s a great guy.

dinexus

Post by dinexus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:23 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:33 pm

FWIW, the head watchmaker (the boss) at Omega Seattle is Mac Nesbit, son of (and formerly with) Nesbits Watch Repair. He’s a great guy.
Damn, that's some pretty neat insight. Glad to hear that there are two great options within slapping distance up the coast from me. Part of me wonders if I should go through the official channels? Might finally land one of those nice red 'service tacos' that seem to come returned with every Omega service... :think:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 am

dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Damn, that's some pretty neat insight. Glad to hear that there are two great options within slapping distance up the coast from me. Part of me wonders if I should go through the official channels? Might finally land one of those nice red 'service tacos' that seem to come returned with every Omega service... :think:
If the price isn't significantly different, I'd go Omega service center. If you flip it, it'll be worth more than with a service from an Indy.
I'm having the same struggle with my Rolex SD. It seems all the Indy's are nearly the same price as RSC now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:24 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:33 am
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

If the price isn't significantly different, I'd go Omega service center. If you flip it, it'll be worth more than with a service from an Indy.
I'm having the same struggle with my Rolex SD. It seems all the Indy's are nearly the same price as RSC now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Nesbit's is pretty well know, but I agree that an official Omega service with warranty is much more attractive to potential buyers if you ever sell.

For Rolex I would only go RSC unless it was vintage/unique.
- Todd

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:40 pm

I believe Nesbits has a 2.5 or 3 year service warranty. Prior to Omega opening a factory service center in Seattle, Nesbits was the authorized repair center here.

Both are good choices, so you really can’t go wrong. I do agree with Rob, that Omega boutique service will likely be better for resale.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:04 pm

nesbits hands down

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:47 am

I thought Nesbits pretty much had to follow the Omega price schedule to keep their parts account. When I got a PO serviced there years ago it was the exact same price as via Omega. I've had great luck with them. Advantage over Omega is that Jan emails you directly with communication along the way - communication is direct.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:57 am

FIve year old thread... just sayin'

To the new guy I've always heard that going through an AD/boutique is just a throughput that costs you more money basically. It doesn't change anything about the servicing done at the service centre, which is what the question is asking. If you've had "perfect experiences" it's basically good luck.
Send lawyers, guns and money...