Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Damasko DC 80 - Player 2 has joined the game

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:59 pm

from our friends at WUS:

The DC 80 project is based on a patented chronograph construction (modification) named C51, based on the proven ETA/Valjoux 7750.

Damasko's benchmark for the modification of the ETA/Valjoux 7750 was to significantly increase the readability of the chronograph function. For that reason they put their main focus on the technical realization of a jumping 60-minute stop hand out of the center.

This new patented construction allows to record stoping times even more easily, faster and more accurately. The Lemania 5100 movement so far set a pattern for a clear and unambiguous readability.

Damasko's new construction has two advantages in terms of readability:

First: 60 minutes are now shown in just one complete turn of the center hand rather than the usual 30 minutes, while the assigned minute scale is counted over the full dial.

Second: Further advantages of this movement modification are the possibilities of adding an independently adjustable second time zone, which can be operated by the crown at 3 o’clock. In addition to that the new movement allows a larger date display directly under the dial. The date wheel is closer to the dial though, as opposed to some module calibers.

The DC80 model signifies a new chronograph line with the most diverse increments of Damasko's new caliber C51.

All parts required for the new C51 caliber, such as plates, wheels, pinions, etc. are produced in their factory in Barbing.

Technical specifications:

Movement:

Mechanical Damasko chronograph movement C51-1
27 jewels
28.800 a/h
Hacking (seconds stop)

Case:

Stainless steel case, bead-blasted, entirely hardened, Damest coating, screwed case, screw-in crown, water resistant 10 atm, secure fit even in case of a sudden negative pressure, magnetic field protection
Diameter 42mm / 43,30mm including bezel, height 13,90mm

Functions:
Hours, minutes

Chronograph with center 60-min- and 60-sec stop hands
Bi-directional rotating bezel with exact minute engagement working with patented ceramic bearing and luminous compound on main markers

Case and movement are tested according to MIL-STD-810 / Airbus test procedures

Price: €2780 (leather strap and Damest coating)

Damasko will be more than happy to take your pre-orders. Estimated delivery date will be medio to end of October 2017.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Damasko DC 80 - Player 2 has joined the game

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Looking at most new Damaskos is like watching someone beat a seemingly friendly looking dog.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:22 pm

Looks interesting. The specs seem more proportionate than the 1.1. Unfortunately, the watch is backed by the well documented shitty Damasko customer service department, which I dislike more than that terrible strap.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Wow that's a busy dial for being so clean.
The Hapa

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:51 pm

Damasko service makes RGM look competent.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:58 pm

They make a cool watch (not necessarily this one) but we all know about their CS.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Looks so similar to the EZM1.1 crossed with a UX and done in green instead of red. Not a fan of the company. Another bloated behemoth cartoon watch.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Hahaha player 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 pm

Not bad

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:32 pm

My preference for a chrono design. I'm a fan of Damasko and my DA46 has been wonderful.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:01 pm

HapaHapa wrote:Wow that's a busy dial for being so clean.
I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to make such a simple dial so hard to look at.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

foodle

Post by foodle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Wasn't this movement mod (or a similar one) said to be "coming soon" from Damasko for a long time?

I remember looking at it around the time the L5100 was discontinued, but the movement and watch never materialized.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 pm

It's been a long time coming and now it's clothed in neon dogshit.

watches503
Name: Luis

Post by watches503 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:56 pm

I love busy dials like this.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Damasko should be above producing homages, and yet they continually seem to want to convince everyone otherwise.

This watch is almost a caricature.
:htfu:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:03 pm

I found something good about it - no date.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:00 am

I like the size. But the green on black is a bit silly. Suppose with this movement you would rely on Damasko for service which is a non starter.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:08 am

Color scheme is childish, minute markers are too long, cross hairs are not necessary. Oh and I don't like count down bezels.

I like this chrono configuration, but man the stories I've read of service issues with Damasko will keep me away even if they fix everything I dislike about the watch. Too bad because an alternative to a EZM1 (or 1.1) is a smart play.

I should get an EZM13.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:10 am

Not bad, but not buying....

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Damasko DC 80 - Player 2 has joined the game

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:26 am

CGSshorty wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how they managed to make such a simple dial so hard to look at.

My thoughts exactly. They could have pulled off something nice here- instead they ruined the "negative space" look by cluttering the dial with the unnecessary lines on the dial, long minute markers like Joe said and green (why green??).
watches503 wrote:I love busy dials like this.

This was exactly what they were trying NOT to achieve.

The best part about this watch is that other watch companies are trying to achieve the function of the Lemania 5100. I've been waiting for this. Sinn teased it for years only putting it in a few models, but I was expecting it to be used a lot more. I'm happy that this and the EZM 1.1 are using their own movements that are central 60 min chrono. If only damasko realized their watch is ugly before they put it on the market. I'm sorry but that lume pip is hideous. I'll gladly pay $1500 or so more for the the EZM 1.1
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:46 am

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:26 am
CGSshorty wrote:

My thoughts exactly. They could have pulled off something nice here- instead they ruined the "negative space" look by cluttering the dial with the unnecessary lines on the dial, long minute markers like Joe said and green (why green??).

The best part about this watch is that other watch companies are trying to achieve the function of the Lemania 5100. I've been waiting for this. Sinn teased it for years only putting it in a few models, but I was expecting it to be used a lot more. I'm happy that the this and the EZM 1.1 are using their own movements that are central 60 min chrono. If only damasko realized their watch is ugly before they put it on the market. I'm sorry but that lume pip is hideous. I'll gladly pay $1500 or so more for the the EZM 1.1
Damasko is in a funny spot. If they make the watch too similar to the EZM1, they're accused of being not original/imitators. They've always used quirky colors, so the green doesn't bother me. If this watch was offered in a standard finish, ice hardened case with white PIP on the bezel, a bracelet, and smaller minute hash-marks on the dial, it'd be well received and would be an excellent EZM1 competitor. Unfortunately, they tried to hard on this design and it ended with a product that looks like a kid's watch.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am

streetracer101 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:26 am
CGSshorty wrote:

The best part about this watch is that other watch companies are trying to achieve the function of the Lemania 5100. I've been waiting for this. Sinn teased it for years only putting it in a few models, but I was expecting it to be used a lot more. I'm happy that the this and the EZM 1.1 are using their own movements that are central 60 min chrono. If only damasko realized their watch is ugly before they put it on the market. I'm sorry but that lume pip is hideous. I'll gladly pay $1500 or so more for the the EZM 1.1
Damasko is in a funny spot. If they make the watch too similar to the EZM1, they're accused of being not original/imitators. They've always used quirky colors, so the green doesn't bother me. If this watch was offered in a standard finish, ice hardened case with white PIP on the bezel, a bracelet, and smaller minute hash-marks on the dial, it'd be well received and would be an excellent EZM1 competitor. Unfortunately, they tried to hard on this design and it ended with a product that looks like a kid's watch.
Totally agree.
They couldn't make an ezm1 copy so they made their own- it just looks a little goofy to me.
I do like the proportions better.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

andy_s
Name: Andy

Post by andy_s » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:37 am

Fromthe EZM1.1 post:

...Competition? Well, there's the cheaper, arguably 'better' original and the coincidentally about to be released Damasko DC80; the DC80 has a totally different look to it - more Sinn U1 than EZM with it's more 'modern', flat styling, but what grates with me about it is the 'unnecessary' cross-hair on the dial, the thicker minute hashes, no needle point on the minute hand and the unmatched lume length on the second hand - not as clean and neat as the original execution nor as focused on practical purpose - the essential point for a simple 'mission timer' [which in fairness the Damasko doesn't describe itself as]. Just a tad too much cosmetic for me, but still a great watch with essentially the best chronograph display method, so kudos for that...

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:41 am

Where is the EZM1 Bape when you need it? This is getting close.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:46 am

Seriously WTF?!! Clown watch. I haven't had a Damasko, but I've looked at several of their watches and they do appeal to me. This however is a horrible attempt at competing with Sinn.