POLL: Is it acceptable to wear a watch while you have it listed for sale?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.

Poll ended at Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am

Yes, why not?
28%
Yes, as long as you disclose in your FS ad that you'll continue wearing it as your daily driver until sold.
11%
No, because in that case the condition of the watch described in my FS ad is more and more inaccurate.
62%

Total votes: 47

dinexus
Name: Zach

Re: POLL: Is it acceptable to wear a watch while you have it listed for sale?

Post by dinexus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Once I've committed to selling something, it brings me absolutely no joy to wear it around, so why bother?

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 pm
River Rat wrote:Well if you want to be a dumb ass wear it and when he receives it after you ship it and there is damage because you bumped it and now there is damage because you damaged it when it was up for sell that is not in the for sell photo's you will have one pissed off buyer and he will be wanting a refund and you will have some explaining to do. Why open a can of worms and save your self some trouble and not be a dumb ass and wear a watch you have for sell. Dam if you want to wear it then why is it up for sell in the first place.

Mike, you may have missed the part where we all agree that "if" you wear it and the condition changes, it must be so disclosed.

This all said, I think my desire to own different stuff sometimes gets in the way of enjoying the stuff I currently own. Your point "Dam if you want to wear it then why is it up for sell in the first place." makes sense. I'm going to try not selling in 2017. We shall see how this goes.....
Don't you have 3 watches for sale right now?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:Well if you want to be a dumb ass wear it and when he receives it after you ship it and there is damage because you bumped it and now there is damage because you damaged it when it was up for sell that is not in the for sell photo's you will have one pissed off buyer and he will be wanting a refund and you will have some explaining to do. Why open a can of worms and save your self some trouble and not be a dumb ass and wear a watch you have for sell. Dam if you want to wear it then why is it up for sell in the first place.

Mike, you may have missed the part where we all agree that "if" you wear it and the condition changes, it must be so disclosed.

This all said, I think my desire to own different stuff sometimes gets in the way of enjoying the stuff I currently own. Your point "Dam if you want to wear it then why is it up for sell in the first place." makes sense. I'm going to try not selling in 2017. We shall see how this goes.....
Starting today. I believe it's 2, but I'm keeping those. I'm going to teach myself to be happy with what I have, maybe adding, but trying not to sell.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:51 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Starting today. I believe it's 2, but I'm keeping those. I'm going to teach myself to be happy with what I have, maybe adding, but trying not to sell.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:58 pm

dinexus wrote:Once I've committed to selling something, it brings me absolutely no joy to wear it around, so why bother?
+1
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:13 pm

For me, when it's listed, it goes in the box until it sells or I decide to withdraw it.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:15 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:37 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Interesting opinions.

I ride my motorcycles and drive my cars while they're for sale, for me watches aren't different.

Appreciate the posts about risk though I tend to wear beaters for risky things.

Different approaches but always important to floss the pubes out of Ben's watches

Blah blah smrt phone

We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm

I am not sure what chestnut was referring to, but not tats-in-shit. On hindsight, i regret posting to this thread

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 pm

gamecock111 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm
I am not sure what chestnut was referring to, but not tats-in-shit. On hindsight, i regret posting to this thread
There's a nefarious DWC'er who sold a watch smeared in dogshit. Not surprisingly, he took a lot of... uh... shit over it. He doesn't post much these days. I was hoping he took a nom de plume and re-registered as you.

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Wonderful. I guess I should sell something and keep the suspense going

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Do you smoke cigars? Cigars and dogshit were his calling cards.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37441

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm

I don't. If it's for sale, it means I don't want to wear it anymore !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:33 pm

I don't do it, simply because boxing that MF up is the first step.
Maybe this explains why Hoppy had pulled so many Hoppy's?

Also I'm the type that if I wore it I would destroy it after I posted the sale. Check my old cracked and rattled 103 and my white aquatimer that ate cement threads for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 am

Thanks for your participation DWC :cheers:

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Interesting responses. I'm in the "take photos and box it up" camp.

I want to take any variables that could be detrimental to a post sale situation.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

1watchaholic
Name: Gary

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:49 pm

I don't wear anything I have up for sale. I "used" to figure no one else did either but now I need to reconsider that idea!
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:45 pm

1watchaholic wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:49 pm
I don't wear anything I have up for sale. I "used" to figure no one else did either but now I need to reconsider that idea!
Eye opener for sure.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.