what the Phuck Photobucket?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: what the Phuck Photobucket?

Post by Chocodove » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I don't think I've used photobucket since I first started selling on eBay in the early 2000's. I logged in maybe a year ago for the first time in several years and I didn't have the patience for navigate it due to all the crap ads/pop ups. It was a nightmare. Is there something I was missing in why people used it so much?
- Todd

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:35 pm

I think I'm missing something also. Never used an Image Host and have just uploaded pics from my phone gallery thru Tapatalk. I've randomly come across a couple of year old threads and my pictures were still there. So yes why use an Image Host? And yes the few times I was directed to PB the pop up ads ran me off quickly.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:13 pm

59yukon01 wrote:I think I'm missing something also. Never used an Image Host and have just uploaded pics from my phone gallery thru Tapatalk. I've randomly come across a couple of year old threads and my pictures were still there. So yes why use an Image Host? And yes the few times I was directed to PB the pop up ads ran me off quickly.

Tapatalk was not always around and many just stuck with photobucket over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:24 pm

Thank christ I've been using Imgur all these years, but for everyone else, it's like someone just pulled the plug on every enthusiast forum around the goddamned web. Whether you're into watches, cars, guns, knives, whatever – a massive collective resource just went up in smoke. Unreal.