Breakfast ideas? No eggs or dairy

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mtpenate
Name: Michael

Re: Breakfast ideas? No eggs or dairy

Post by mtpenate » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Hahaha! Yeah it can be pretty awful if you don't cook it right. But hey man, that avocado toast you mentioned is pretty solid. Ton of protein, easy to, make and if you pair it with some oatmeal, you're good.
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm
mtpenate wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am
I'll send you a tofu scramble recipe. Trust me.
Mike, TOFU??? Your kiding me right. That shit is like two molecules from being a packing peanut. :stir: :mrgreen:
petethegreek wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
gwells wrote:i'm not an oatmeal fan in general, but the wife made some steel cut oatmeal the other day with some dehydrated blueberries in it and it was surprisingly good.
I love steel cut oatmeal. Only oatmeal I eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I make them in the crockpot the night before. They must be steel cut or you get mush. Berries, nuts, honey...good luck.
Sweet I will have to try that.
-Mike

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

This is the plan. And where the hell have you been? I haven't heard from you Mister "North of Terry"
Well, I've been losing weight and free time in a definitely nonrecommended way.... Drawn out Divorce ... :raised:
Haven't made a GTG, or done much of anything else for a while...
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.. Just hope its not another train coming back at me.. :shock:
Greg

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Or a bastard with a torch
Luck on the divorce johrney

wardog
Name: Warren

Post by wardog » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Hummus and whole wheat flat bread (WASA)

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:23 pm

wardog wrote:Hummus and whole wheat flat bread (WASA)
Hummus is good

johneh
Name: John

Post by johneh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:51 am

I have a smoothie every morning on my way to work. Some kale, berries, coconut milk, water, ice, and protein powder. It tastes good and it keeps me full. You said no whey, so a good alternative is Vega One vegan protein, the vanilla chai flavour tastes pretty good and it also has 6 servings of greens in it.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:20 am

I switched to smoothies a few months ago. I typically do kale, banana, coconut water, berry mix and oj or yogurt. I find I get hungry a little earlier, but I have much more energy. It's amazing how many fruit/vegetable servings you can fit in there.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

johneh
Name: John

Post by johneh » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:44 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:20 am
I switched to smoothies a few months ago. I typically do kale, banana, coconut water, berry mix and oj or yogurt. I find I get hungry a little earlier, but I have much more energy. It's amazing how many fruit/vegetable servings you can fit in there.

If you throw in a scoop of protein you should be able to make it to lunch without too much trouble. One of my favourites is banana, a little peanut butter, and chocolate protein powder. It completely overpowers the kale and tastes like a dream!

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:03 am

We have been doing a smoothie with spinach/mango/banana/flax/chia/poppy seed and avocado toast on seeded bread.

One of our favorites is 1 cucumber/green apple/1/2 lemon/hand full of spinach/2 pieces of celery.

We don't mess with any soy product at all.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am

DoctorC wrote:Screw that ... :stir:

Finding out what foods you may have inflammatory reactions to can be good...
Most would recommend that you eliminate the offending foods for a while and then build them back up individually and gradually to see how you react.. Not necessarily give them up for ever..

oh.. and second generation chiropractor .. been practicing 20 years in September..

:bird: :love:

Hey no prob. Everyone has different opinions and experiences. I've experienced quite a few quack chiropractors that seem to want to push their supplements they sell. For instance, my wife went to a friend of hers years ago. Made her fill out a survey check list. And according to the check list she suffered from many things that she was not aware of (and of course was BS).. and bought about $80 worth of natural pills. Almost all the symptoms she suffered from went away a few years later when her gallbladder, which we found out was functioning at less than 10%, was taken out. If she would have stuck with her friend/chiro plan she would have not gotten better and spent more money on supplements.
I know that is not the same for all chiropractors, just like good and bad MDs. But I certainly would not put all my dollars in one g string before getting a second opinion on most cases.

I know there is a list of "inflammatory food" that people avoid; but I do not agree that it is necessary for everyone to avoid unless they do a trial.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 am

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am
I know there is a list of "inflammatory food" that people avoid; but I do not agree that it is necessary for everyone to avoid unless they do a trial.
You are correct. That is why we did extensive blood work and inflammation test to see where we stand. My wife's vitamin D levels have been extremely low since my daughter was born. Doctors kept telling her "your body just won't absorb it". This naturepathic doctor was able to get her levels up to normal in 6 months. And she has helped my wife's recovery from chemo treatments proceed in a positive direction. The last doctor she was seeing just took our money and piled on excessive supplements like you mentioned. :banghead:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 am

DoctorC wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

This is the plan. And where the hell have you been? I haven't heard from you Mister "North of Terry"
Well, I've been losing weight and free time in a definitely nonrecommended way.... Drawn out Divorce ... :raised:
Haven't made a GTG, or done much of anything else for a while...
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel.. Just hope its not another train coming back at me.. :shock:
Crap sorry to hear that. I hope your daughter is doing good though. And hopefully she is ready for some skating this year. :thumbsup:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 am

johneh wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:

If you throw in a scoop of protein you should be able to make it to lunch without too much trouble. One of my favourites is banana, a little peanut butter, and chocolate protein powder. It completely overpowers the kale and tastes like a dream!
I'll give it a shot. I need to incorporate some nuts into my diet as a mid morning or afternoon snack too, but I've come a long way from the 2-3 bowls of cereal I was eating every morning just a few months ago.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:53 am
johneh wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:

I'll give it a shot. I need to incorporate some nuts into my diet as a mid morning or afternoon snack too, but I've come a long way from the 2-3 bowls of cereal I was eating every morning just a few months ago.

Nutz???? :whistle: You know my number :love:

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am
DoctorC wrote:...

:bird: :love:

Hey no prob. Everyone has different opinions and experiences....
Absolutely! NO worries.. Hence the :love:
There are many just as each art student at an art school goes on to forge his own style..
Same with physicians., be MD, DO or DC...I have met many that I would never go see. and several that I would and have trusted with my life ..

I think I was just looking for a reason the use the Craig Ferguson Gifs... :cheers:
Greg