Breakfast ideas? No eggs or dairy

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
stonehead887
Name: Jeremy

Re: Breakfast ideas? No eggs or dairy

Post by stonehead887 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Don't have food suggestions but I can highly recommend Matcha green tea to reduce inflammation. I suffer from Colitis (can get really bad flare ups) and since drinking this stuff have had no symptoms or issues for the last 3 months. Just 1 cup a day will suffice.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Banana or 2

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:09 am

Manna.
only accurate watches are interesting

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:27 am

Get up at lunchtime problem solved

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am

tattoo chef wrote:
gwells wrote:i'm not an oatmeal fan in general, but the wife made some steel cut oatmeal the other day with some dehydrated blueberries in it and it was surprisingly good.
I love steel cut oatmeal. Only oatmeal I eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the difference between steel cut oatmeal and regular oatmeal?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am

ItnStln wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:32 am
tattoo chef wrote:
gwells wrote:i'm not an oatmeal fan in general, but the wife made some steel cut oatmeal the other day with some dehydrated blueberries in it and it was surprisingly good.

https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/n ... t-oatmeal/ Some info on them.

I am not an oatmeal fan. But yesterday I tried to microwave (I was running late to work) steel cut oats and it did not work out. Boiling them is the way to do it. My wife eats them everyday it seems. But since I wasn't a oatmeal fan I always choose to ignore them.

This morning was avocado toast/bean sprouts/arugula on top. With a little bit of lime juice, salt and pepper. :mrgreen:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 am

BBK357 wrote:I cut out breakfast meats recently and I just do eggs and oatmeal while at work, if I'm at home it may be a little different and I'll have that or yogurt and granola.

The only suggestions I have with your limitations are oatmeal and granola.

I believe what Paul is doing is working great for him, but it may not work for everyone as T said. Lean meats, chicken and fish have a lot of nutrition in them.

Oh, and T bag, are you doing this because of sinus and allergy issues? If so... are you seeing a doctor or a chiropractor?
I know there is some truth in proven inflammatory foods- but I've heard some pretty silly stories about people getting tested and avoiding certain foods. Sometimes avoiding an inflammatory food that's good for you is not a good decision.

I was tested for allergies during childhood because I had bad asthma. I was told to avoid all dairy and eggs. I said the hell with that. My asthma gradually declined and to date I have no issues with either of those types of food.
What worries me about all these food avoidance diets is that they can actually make you more sensitive to the foods you're avoiding. The NIH released a peanut allergy study in 2015 that showed early exposure to them resulted in an 86% reduction of allergy to peanuts at 60 months of age. There are certainly foods that affect inflammation, but strict avoidance of foods just because isn't a great idea IMO. The age old adage of moderation applies to food now more then ever.
My son eats everything - literally. We fed him Rocky mountain oysters and lingua a few weeks ago and he loved it. We let him eat dirt, pick up food off the ground, and play in the mud. To date, he has been on antibiotics once in 3 yrs (at my wife's insistence) and he has no allergies or health issues. I think bubble wrapping our kids is going to have a major health detrimental impact in the coming years as we see higher amounts of allergies and related conditions like IBD, eczema, etc increase in prevalence.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am

Oh yeah. Terry, you should solely subsist on tube steak for breakfast.

Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Name: Alex

Post by Morethan1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 am

Whey isolate, spinach, table spoon of peanut butter, some almond milk, ice and water. Voilà!

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am

Sucks don't it when you got to change what you eat. The last physical I had my blood test said high cholesterol the doc wanted me to take those pills for it. I only take some thing for high blood pressure I don't want a long list of pills I take like my Mom does every time she goes to a new doc she has to write down 10-20 things. So I ask the doc can I change the diet and come back in a few months and see if there is a change. No bacon cut down on cheese, cut down on milk, egg whites or those eggs mix in cartons made out of egg white, more fish and chicken and read labels and buy the brand with less cholesterol and eat more fruit and vegetables . Then no more ice cream dam it. Tell you I mite just take the pills if I can eat what the hell I want to eat. I feel your pain Terry.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am

Try the flavored packet ones there easy to micro wave Costco has the big box Quaker Oats variety pack.
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 am
ItnStln wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

I am not an oatmeal fan. But yesterday I tried to microwave (I was running late to work) steel cut oats and it did not work out. Boiling them is the way to do it. My wife eats them everyday it seems. But since I wasn't a oatmeal fan I always choose to ignore them.

This morning was avocado toast/bean sprouts/arugula on top. With a little bit of lime juice, salt and pepper. :mrgreen:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 am

streetracer101 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:I cut out breakfast meats recently and I just do eggs and oatmeal while at work, if I'm at home it may be a little different and I'll have that or yogurt and granola.

I believe what Paul is doing is working great for him, but it may not work for everyone as T said. Lean meats, chicken and fish have a lot of nutrition in them.

Oh, and T bag, are you doing this because of sinus and allergy issues? If so... are you seeing a doctor or a chiropractor?
I know there is some truth in proven inflammatory foods- but I've heard some pretty silly stories about people getting tested and avoiding certain foods. Sometimes avoiding an inflammatory food that's good for you is not a good decision.

I was tested for allergies during childhood because I had bad asthma. I was told to avoid all dairy and eggs. I said the hell with that. My asthma gradually declined and to date I have no issues with either of those types of food.
What worries me about all these food avoidance diets is that they can actually make you more sensitive to the foods you're avoiding. The NIH released a peanut allergy study in 2015 that showed early exposure to them resulted in an 86% reduction of allergy to peanuts at 60 months of age. There are certainly foods that affect inflammation, but strict avoidance of foods just because isn't a great idea IMO. The age old adage of moderation applies to food now more then ever.
My son eats everything - literally. We fed him Rocky mountain oysters and lingua a few weeks ago and he loved it. We let him eat dirt, pick up food off the ground, and play in the mud. To date, he has been on antibiotics once in 3 yrs (at my wife's insistence) and he has no allergies or health issues. I think bubble wrapping our kids is going to have a major health detrimental impact in the coming years as we see higher amounts of allergies and related conditions like IBD, eczema, etc increase in prevalence.

Completely agree with this! As an example my daughter when young went to day care, so she pretty much got exposed to everything early. When she started school she rarely got sick. Whereas other kids her age that had stay at home moms I knew, missed school constantly once they started. Seems they didn't build up their immunity to germs at an early age.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am

59yukon01 wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:

Completely agree with this! As an example my daughter when young went to day care, so she pretty much got exposed to everything early. When she started school she rarely got sick. Whereas other kids her age that had stay at home moms I knew, missed school constantly once they started. Seems they didn't build up their immunity to germs at an early age.
I've actually seen several adolescents who were vaccinated for chicken pox develop it later in life due to inadequate immunity. I've never seen someone who actually had it (remember chicken pox parties?) get it again.

My son started daycare at 2 months old. That first year he had Roseola, croup, multiple ear infections, hand, foot and mouth, and Norovirus twice. He missed a lot of school, but now he's been basically bullet proof for 2+ years.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 am
What worries me about all these food avoidance diets is that they can actually make you more sensitive to the foods you're avoiding.
I agree that food avoidance is crazy and extreme. This isn't what my natruepathic doctor is doing. We are just trying to figure out what is causing the allergies and limit it. Not cut it completely out. Hell if anything I will start eating quail eggs if it ends up being eggs that are the issue. :mrgreen:

My daughter eats about anything and she is rarely sick. But we do not serve her box food or processed sugar, if she gets sugar it is in limited amounts.

Unfortunately I believe all the chemicals they put in food today to increase the shelf life of it is what gives us all the allergies/medical issues.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:24 am

River Rat wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am
Sucks don't it when you got to change what you eat. The last physical I had my blood test said high cholesterol the doc wanted me to take those pills for it. I only take some thing for high blood pressure I don't want a long list of pills I take like my Mom does every time she goes to a new doc she has to write down 10-20 things. So I ask the doc can I change the diet and come back in a few months and see if there is a change. No bacon cut down on cheese, cut down on milk, egg whites or those eggs mix in cartons made out of egg white, more fish and chicken and read labels and buy the brand with less cholesterol and eat more fruit and vegetables . Then no more ice cream dam it. Tell you I mite just take the pills if I can eat what the hell I want to eat. I feel your pain Terry.
Mike, moderation in the types of food you can control the cholesterol and high blood pressure. Bacon is actually a good fat for you like avocado, but get all of the grease off of it and don't eat much of it. Without good fats (doctors for years said cheese/bacon/milk clogs your arteries) you will create other problems. Milk causes a lot of phlegm, thickening of the mucus and it is full of hormones. Get a good almond milk (most are ridden with tons of sugar and soy by products) or make your own. It is super easy. The other key is to get locally raise meat products that are grass fed. Not VEGATARIAN fed. They are full of soy, whey and other crap. Hell who knows a vegetarian chicken? :banghead:

If you can cut out sodium and sugar then you will be better off for sure.

Some might disagree with me but that is what makes DWC. :cheers:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

My daughter eats about anything and she is rarely sick. But we do not serve her box food or processed sugar, if she gets sugar it is in limited amounts.
Just a quote snip, but this statement regarding box food made me think of a piece of advice my mother told me when I got my first apartment and started living on my own.

She said, when going to the grocery store, buy foods from around the perimeter of the store. Avoid buying food from the aisles.

Following this advice has served me well over the years. When you think about it, most grocery stores are set up to have the veggies and the fruit, then the meats, then the dairy and eggs, and then finally the beer - what more do you need?

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Thanks for the link, that's pretty interesting

mtpenate
Name: Michael

Post by mtpenate » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am

I'll send you a tofu scramble recipe. Trust me.
-Mike

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:01 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

Just a quote snip, but this statement regarding box food made me think of a piece of advice my mother told me when I got my first apartment and started living on my own.

She said, when going to the grocery store, buy foods from around the perimeter of the store. Avoid buying food from the aisles.

Following this advice has served me well over the years. When you think about it, most grocery stores are set up to have the veggies and the fruit, then the meats, then the dairy and eggs, and then finally the beer - what more do you need?
Good info. I think a while back I read that about 90% of what you buy in the store has processed sugar in it. So my wife and I have 3 different stores we get different things at because of this issue. Costco has one of the biggest supply of semi-healthy food.

petethegreek
Name: Pete

Post by petethegreek » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm

tattoo chef wrote:

I make them in the crockpot the night before. They must be steel cut or you get mush. Berries, nuts, honey...good luck.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:20 pm

....Oh, and T bag, are you doing this because of sinus and allergy issues? If so... are you seeing a doctor or a chiropractor?
I had a reply in mind..

Then I remembered that I had recently watched Craig Ferguson's comedy special on Netflix and he had some great advice on the three rules he has learned...

if not...then just keep your mouth shut and smile... :grin:
Last edited by DoctorC on Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Screw that ... :stir:

Finding out what foods you may have inflammatory reactions to can be good...
Most would recommend that you eliminate the offending foods for a while and then build them back up individually and gradually to see how you react.. Not necessarily give them up for ever..

oh.. and second generation chiropractor .. been practicing 20 years in September..

:bird: :love:
Greg

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 pm

DoctorC wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 pm
Screw that ... :stir:

Finding out what foods you may have inflammatory reactions to can be good...
Most would recommend that you eliminate the offending foods for a while and then build them back up individually and gradually to see how you react.. Not necessarily give them up for ever..

oh.. and second generation chiropractor .. been practicing 20 years in September..

:bird: :love:
This is the plan. And where the hell have you been? I haven't heard from you Mister "North of Terry"

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 pm

mtpenate wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:00 am
I'll send you a tofu scramble recipe. Trust me.
Mike, TOFU??? Your kiding me right. That shit is like two molecules from being a packing peanut. :stir: :mrgreen:
petethegreek wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm
tattoo chef wrote:

I make them in the crockpot the night before. They must be steel cut or you get mush. Berries, nuts, honey...good luck.
Sweet I will have to try that.