Hillarious

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
serdal22
Name: Serdal

Hillarious

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:00 pm

What kind of punishment do you think you will face if you update / mark some of your sales posts as sold?

Please let me know your thoughts first, then I will take you to a world tour, an interesting world . . . . .

Serdal
Seiko SKX 173 Mil. Mod.; Seiko SBCM 029; Seiko 6306 - 7000; MKII LRRP UTC 48; MKII Stingray; Marathon MSar 500 LE; Marathon Navigator; USSR Signal Mechanical Alarm; USSR NOS Raketa Mechanical; USSR NOS Poljot Shturmansky Mechanical Chrono; Hamilton H-31 Chrono; Hamilton Auto;  Arsa Extra WW II Mechanical; Citizen Ecozilla; Alpha GMT Coke Auto; ONLY TWO WRISTS :-)

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Hillarious

Post by BSears » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 pm

Here? None.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

serdal22

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Seiko SKX 173 Mil. Mod.; Seiko SBCM 029; Seiko 6306 - 7000; MKII LRRP UTC 48; MKII Stingray; Marathon MSar 500 LE; Marathon Navigator; USSR Signal Mechanical Alarm; USSR NOS Raketa Mechanical; USSR NOS Poljot Shturmansky Mechanical Chrono; Hamilton H-31 Chrono; Hamilton Auto;  Arsa Extra WW II Mechanical; Citizen Ecozilla; Alpha GMT Coke Auto; ONLY TWO WRISTS :-)

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:05 pm

On WUS.... removing prices will get you an infraction
- Mart -

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:06 pm

I am not a member there and can't get to see the threads.....
- Mart -

serdal22

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:10 pm

I see. I updated some old sales threads which I had forgotten by marking them as sold. WOWZAAA! End of the world. People lined up for lynching me. I never ever experienced such a harsh and brutal reaction anywhere else. I had updated some old sales posts on several forums, not a peep. But there, it is considered a death penalty. I really can't get it.

Serdal

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:35 pm

I try to update sales posts soon after selling a watch, but sometimes forget.

What kills me is getting terse one or two line e-mails from someone wanting to buy one that I listed a year or two ago, or longer. Especially the ones that I know that I marked sold.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

foodle

Post by foodle » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Minor forum faux pas, but obviously not as big deal as they are making it out to be. Not any worse than the regular zombie thread resurrection. But they're British so they have to find something to whinge about :lol:

serdal22

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:15 pm

foodle wrote:Minor forum faux pas, but obviously not as big deal as they are making it out to be. Not any worse than the regular zombie thread resurrection. But they're British so they have to find something to whinge about :lol:
Very true. We are all humans, and we may forget to update our posts, ads, threads sometimes. While trying to update and close an old post, anybody shouldn't be penalized this harshly.

Serdal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:35 pm

I do appreciate it when folks leave the last requested price. Need that for benchmarking.
The Hapa

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:44 pm

HapaHapa wrote:I do appreciate it when folks leave the last requested price. Need Hoppy needs that for benchmarking.
;)

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:45 pm

That was you? Heh heh heh.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 pm

HapaHapa wrote:I do appreciate it when folks leave the last requested price. Need that for benchmarking.
Although it has nothing to do with the actual sales price. And yes, I did get an infraction for removing an asking price on WUS once after my item sold. Silly.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:52 pm

tzuk seems to be a particularly grumpy group of people. i wonder why. </sarcasm>

serdal22

Hillarious

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Yes, it is me. Da trouble maker!

Here is a member's reply to my post:

'The thread was dead baby, the thread was dead.'

And here is my reply to him:

'Yeah baby, and I buried it now.'

And I understand about keeping the sales (asking) price even after the item was sold for a reference. I never erase my original asking price, and seldom erase my fotos unless I am reaching the broadband limit on my foto sharing website.

Serdal

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:15 pm

serdal22 wrote:I see. I updated some old sales threads which I had forgotten by marking them as sold. WOWZAAA! End of the world. People lined up for lynching me. I never ever experienced such a harsh and brutal reaction anywhere else. I had updated some old sales posts on several forums, not a peep. But there, it is considered a death penalty. I really can't get it.

Serdal
TZ-UK..

This is the nicest forum you'll visit, or be part of.. until you do something that someone deems incorrect. This is when the gates of weapons grade fucksarsesville decends on you. There is no apology. There is no repenting. You will will be fucked sideways with a big shiney thing, it's a gang prison rape with zero lube... then all of a sudden all is calm. This is cup of tea time, and a spot of cake. This is where you escape, holding your tattered bloodied arse in one hand, whilst wiping the bloodied cum from your face, grappling for the exit sign.

It's a bit like that scene in Interstellar, when they land on the tranquil 1 foot deep water world. Oww.. this is nice...
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

serdal22

Post by serdal22 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Heuerville wrote:
serdal22 wrote:I see. I updated some old sales threads which I had forgotten by marking them as sold. WOWZAAA! End of the world. People lined up for lynching me. I never ever experienced such a harsh and brutal reaction anywhere else. I had updated some old sales posts on several forums, not a peep. But there, it is considered a death penalty. I really can't get it.

Serdal
TZ-UK..

This is the nicest forum you'll visit, or be part of.. until you do something that someone deems incorrect. This is when the gates of weapons grade fucksarsesville decends on you. There is no apology. There is no repenting. You will will be fucked sideways with a big shiney thing, it's a gang prison rape with zero lube... then all of a sudden all is calm. This is cup of tea time, and a spot of cake. This is where you escape, holding your tattered bloodied arse in one hand, whilst wiping the bloodied cum from your face, grappling for the exit sign.

It's a bit like that scene in Interstellar, when they land on the tranquil 1 foot deep water world. Oww.. this is nice...
Neither I am letting anybody fuck me side or lateral ways nor I am drinking that tea and eating cake.

I am done with that forum.

Serdal

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Hillarious

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:17 pm

logan2z wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:I do appreciate it when folks leave the last requested price. Need that for benchmarking.
Although it has nothing to do with the actual sales price. And yes, I did get an infraction for removing an asking price on WUS once after my item sold. Silly.
Sorry I didn't think it through. The price range I buy in is a lower rafter. Asking price in the couple of bills range is pretty close to what I pay. I'm not going to jerk you guys around for ten or twenty bucks.
The Hapa

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:19 am

One of the bigger perceived issues is when someone bumps a thread to mark it sold, in lieu of simply updating the first and last post to mark it sold. This makes it appear at first to be a fresh bump.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:58 am

Captain....

I'd like to ask you a few questions about the Rolex GMT II Pepsi 16710 with 3186 Movt. Rectangular II Dial you have posted for sale.

how is timing?
Do you have papers?
Are you able to ship to my brother in Uzbekistan?
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

watchingyou

Post by watchingyou » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:08 am

Marjak wrote:On WUS.... removing prices will get you an infraction
I know I got one on WUS for doing that. Which is stupid since the final selling price has nothing to do with the posted price.
Ed -

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 am

justsellbrgs wrote:Captain....

I'd like to ask you a few questions about the Rolex GMT II Pepsi 16710 with 3186 Movt. Rectangular II Dial you have posted for sale.

how is timing?
Do you have papers?
Are you able to ship to my brother in Uzbekistan?
Exactly!
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin