Fitbit's Blaze

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Fitbit's Blaze

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:42 am

Don't really know much about Fitbit, or fitness tracking watches, but thought some of
you guys might. This newest model from Fitbit is the Blaze. It has a smart watch feel,
but still has special features like their PurePulse heart rate, workout summaries, on
screen workouts, SmartTrack, tracking of different every day, and sporting activities.
Not to mention smart notifications, music control, syncs wirelessly, and 5 day battery
life. There are evidently various strap, and frame options also.

Here are some pics everyone...

Wrist Watch Review's link with more...

http://www.wristwatchreview.com/2016/01 ... bit-blaze/

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Re: Fitbit's Blaze

Post by 93 Turbo » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:43 pm

I have an earlier iteration that is OK, so long as you don't want to go near water. Five days between recharging is a much better option, but I suspect that's 5 days without heavy use, checking workouts and GPS tracking. J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

Monkeyfudger

Post by Monkeyfudger » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 pm

If the HR sensor is as good as their last offering you'd be better off guessing your BPM from arsehole perspiration.

pacifichrono

Post by pacifichrono » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:12 pm

I wouldn't touch a Fitbit right now. They're being beaten up badly on Wall Street and they were just slapped with a big class-action lawsuit claiming that Fitbit's heart rate monitor is substantially flawed.
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:34 pm

pacifichrono wrote:I wouldn't touch a Fitbit right now. They're being beaten up badly on Wall Street and they were just slapped with a big class-action lawsuit claiming that Fitbit's heart rate monitor is substantially flawed.
I had a jawbone UP2. Well, two. Second one has the strap break on it as well. I have to call tomorrow and see if they'll replace it as well (nothing I did. Just fell off today and rubber band broke). I'd take a Fitbit over it right now.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:35 pm

I have a hand-me-down Charge HR. My buddy at work owned it for three months when the integrated band started to bubble. They sent him a replacement unit, gratis, and he gave me the defective one. Other than the bubbling band, it's great. HR is within a few BPM of what I measure manually. The altimeter, which is used to measure flights of stairs climbed, is very accurate. Sleep tracing is accurate as well. It's a shame they didn't build it more like a watch, with a detachable band. Eventually the band will deteriorate to the point where it's no longer wearable.

Myles

pacifichrono

Post by pacifichrono » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:33 pm

They unveiled their latest wham-bam product announcements at this week's CES show, and industry analysts responded with a joint "meh." Fitbit's stock price dropped 18% that day, now selling for about $21, down from almost $52 a few months ago.

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:51 pm

pacifichrono wrote:They unveiled their latest wham-bam product announcements at this week's CES show, and industry analysts responded with a joint "meh." Fitbit's stock price dropped 18% that day, now selling for about $21, down from almost $52 a few months ago.
ooh I was applying for a job at Fitbit..

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:31 am

pacifichrono wrote:They unveiled their latest wham-bam product announcements at this week's CES show, and industry analysts responded with a joint "meh." Fitbit's stock price dropped 18% that day, now selling for about $21, down from almost $52 a few months ago.
The $52 has been their all time high. I'd bet that this will end up floating around the $25-35 range in the end.

pacifichrono

Post by pacifichrono » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 am

zepp21 wrote:
The $52 has been their all time high. I'd bet that this will end up floating around the $25-35 range in the end.
I'm not so sure. They were viewed as a 'darling' of the industry just seven months ago when they went public at $20.00. The stock moved up fast but the company has hit several obstacles in recent months that don't bode well for Fitbit's long-term success. They may get acquired after more distress, IMO.

scurfa
Name: Paul

Post by scurfa » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:23 am

My son ditched his after two days, my wife lies to hers and never tells it what's she's drinking, all it seems to know is how many steps she's taken in a day, bit of a let down really.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:48 am

Wow interesting guys ! ..Am wondering if the new Blaze will have an improvement
in the quality, and everything. That deterioration of the straps/bands on those other
models is something. Definitely shouldn't have to worry about the straps falling apart
or anything. They could, or should have replaceable straps like Myles said. :thumbsup:

By the way Tom, didn't know about all of that with Fitbit's stock. Man oh man ! :shock:

Really appreciate all of the info, along with thoughts you guys. Always learning.

Monkeyfudger

Post by Monkeyfudger » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:13 am

For anything sports tech like this get yourself over to DC Rainmaker, he kicks the arse out of anyone else doing tech reviews and doesn't hold back if a product doesn't deliver.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/blog