MEW Othan renders (500 m sport/tool watch)

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mengue
Name: mengu

Post by mengue » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:04 am

MEW Tactical is a fresh brand launched few models in past. Today we have a new design for our model “OTHAN” automatic sport / tool watch. We would like to get your feedback regarding our model. Happy New Year, Merry Christmas!

42 mm ss case, 500 m WR with HEV at 9 position. Miyota 9132 automatic with PR at 12 H position.Sandwich and rised superluminova dial ,sapphire screen. 8 mm thick enforced strap.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Re: MEW Othan renders (500 m sport/tool watch)

Post by jeckyll » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:16 am

Honestly, it looks unfinished. Like the machining is only 50% done.

But I'm probably not the target market :)
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:46 am

just too big and clunky for me. even the strap, 8mm thick, is over the top clunky. i'm sure there's someone out there that wants something like this, but it seems like it would feel like a boat anchor to me.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:01 am

I like the bezel but all in all its too chunky for my liking and I've never understood the need for a power reserve gauge on a watch. I wish you all the best with your project though and look forward to seeing pics of the real thing when it's done.
Andy :uj:

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:08 am

I like the dial the most but I'm not big on the hex bolt stuff... pretty chunky-looking little mofo though :salute:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:31 am

It appears this guy has joined only to shill for his ugly watches and not to contribute. Who's got the button?

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:57 am

I think he wants us to do the design work for him. Ok, HEV like a diver but no timing bezel. Power reserve but no date. Big, heavy looking thing. To me, a "sport/tool" watch is more along the lines of what we've called a field watch around here. Practical, rugged, go almost anywhere, but not a single purpose watch like a diver. If someone wants to reinvent the Rolex Explorer, good on them. A big-ass unfinished diver should be peddled over at WUS.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:59 am

Henryj wrote: A big-ass unfinished diver should be peddled over at WUS.
:1:

Or Kickstarter or Indiegogo, etc
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:00 am

Mew, Meh.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:06 am

I say "beat it MEW" but he might react like Ben and then the forum would be all sticky.

mengue

Post by mengue » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:16 am

hoppyjr wrote:It appears this guy has joined only to shill for his ugly watches and not to contribute. Who's got the button?
are you always rude to people like this? If you do not like , do not write but pls do not insult people.Or further you d better to take a treat from psychologist.No need to insult people.We are talking about design and details, not people. if not here for affirmative commitent, my reply to you my friend: what is your job, what is your contribution to community? may be you are a community parasite on tax payers? who knows.

foodle

Post by foodle » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:20 am

mengue wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:It appears this guy has joined only to shill for his ugly watches and not to contribute. Who's got the button?
are you always rude to people like this? If you do not like , do not write but pls do not insult people.Or further you d better to take a treat from psychologist.No need to insult people.We are talking about design and details, not people. if not here for affirmative commitent, my reply to you my friend: what is your job, what is your contribution to community? may be you are a community parasite on tax payers? who knows.
:popcorn:

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am

:popcorn:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am

mengue wrote:
I do have an "affirmative comment" - I affirm that you're a shill and your watch is ugly. I also affirm that your English is poor.

If you can't handle the heat, GTFO.

:htfu:
Last edited by hoppyjr on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:22 am

mengue wrote:
See you only post about this watch you want to make but you have not joined in on other members threads and contribute it's a two way street some one talks about my thread and I join in and talk about your thread shows us hoppyjr is wrong. See Graeme from SAS contributes and why he is treated different than you he joins in learn from him.
Last edited by River Rat on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:24 am

This guy is going to end up like Jodie Foster in the Accused.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:26 am

River Rat wrote:
mengue wrote:
See you only post about this watch you want to make but you have not joined in on other members threads and contribute it's a two way street some one talks about my thread and I join in and talk about your thread shows us hoppyjr is wrong.
I'm wrong?

OK, here's something positive;

Mengue, your grammar is still better than Mike's.

:lol:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:34 am

hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:
mengue wrote:
See you only post about this watch you want to make but you have not joined in on other members threads and contribute it's a two way street some one talks about my thread and I join in and talk about your thread shows us hoppyjr is wrong.
I'm wrong?

I spoke English all my life and English is most likely a second language to mengue and your right he does do a better job than me :rolleyes:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:35 am

River Rat wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:
mengue wrote:
I'm wrong?

I spoke English all my life and English is most likely a second language to mengue and your right he does do a better job than me :rolleyes:
:grin: :lol:

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:37 am

hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:
mengue wrote:
I'm wrong?

English is my third language, and this is really funny :roll:

mengue

Post by mengue » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:57 am

gwells, jeckyll, snootydog, gr8sw thank you guys for your opinion. Others dismissed!

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:58 am

mengue wrote:gwells, jeckyll, snootydog, gr8sw thank you guys for your opinion. Others dismissed!
Dismissed? What an arrogant fuck.

mengue

Post by mengue » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:00 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:
mengue wrote:
I'm wrong?

:grin: :lol:
sorry but nothing to laugh at. are you laughing at yourself.ow pity.

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:03 pm

mengue wrote:gwells, jeckyll, snootydog, gr8sw thank you guys for your opinion. Others dismissed!
:neener: :neener: :neener:

foodle

Post by foodle » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Maybe this is some kind of meta sales pitch. Act like an arrogant prick to attract the arrogant pricks who are the people most likely to buy over-sized over-designed fashion watches that are trying to be tactical heavy duty ops instruments.

Ed actually gave you some constructive feedback in your previous "introduction" thread:
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... =2&t=49666
hoppyjr wrote:Since you asked.....

- It's ugly.

- HEV not necessary for 99.5% of the target audience.

- fake bezel screws? If yes, terrible idea.

- power reserve poorly executed. Eliminate it altogether.

On the other hand, the dial design isn't bad looking.
Coming into a new forum shilling your ugly watches with a huge chip on your shoulder is probably not the best approach.