Name: MattF

Re: Long time lurker intro

Post by mfxr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:20 am

Welcome AAron. Don't mind the natives. :cheers:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:37 am

Welcome so your in the Navy. I was in for 22 years 4 active duty the rest reserve got out in 2002 would of stayed longer but the Navy had no use for to many Boatswain mates high year tenure. If your on a ship keep those watches locked up or they will disappear lost a wallet once left it on the rack for a second came back and it was gone that's your bed on ship for you none Navy guys. Now all I got to do is wait until I turn 60 to get paid by the Navy :banghead: Feel for you guys in the Navy now don't like the retirement changes there thinking about and talk of the 401k and other bull shit this is how they should keep it you do 20 or more you get your full retirement if it's not broke don't fix it. Why don't you go corpsman mite be easier to strike for than going nurse.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:54 am

mikeylacroix wrote:i felt this was appropriate for some reason
Made me lol.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:07 am

River Rat wrote:Welcome so your in the Navy. I was in for 22 years 4 active duty the rest reserve got out in 2002 would of stayed longer but the Navy had no use for to many Boatswain mates high year tenure. If your on a ship keep those watches locked up or they will disappear lost a wallet once left it on the rack for a second came back and it was gone that's your bed on ship for you none Navy guys. Now all I got to do is wait until I turn 60 to get paid by the Navy :banghead: Feel for you guys in the Navy now don't like the retirement changes there thinking about and talk of the 401k and other bull shit this is how they should keep it you do 20 or more you get your full retirement if it's not broke don't fix it. Why don't you go corpsman mite be easier to strike for than going nurse.
Not to go too off track, but the new retirement isn't that bad, and the system is broke... hence the fix. Statistically, less then 20% of people who join get to retirement age, which leaves the other 80% with nothing financial to show for their service unless they invest independently. The new system will automatically elect everyone into a tsp and will match a certain percentage, a system similar to the federal government. In the end it will likely save the government money, it should encourage saving, and it will ensure that all who join the service after 2018 leave with something. It may also get rid of some of the shit birds who just hang around miserable waiting to hit the magic 20 yr mark. In all fairness, if the deal was offered to me back in the day, I would've taken it.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:24 am

streetracer101 wrote:
River Rat wrote:Welcome so your in the Navy. I was in for 22 years 4 active duty the rest reserve got out in 2002 would of stayed longer but the Navy had no use for to many Boatswain mates high year tenure. If your on a ship keep those watches locked up or they will disappear lost a wallet once left it on the rack for a second came back and it was gone that's your bed on ship for you none Navy guys. Now all I got to do is wait until I turn 60 to get paid by the Navy :banghead: Feel for you guys in the Navy now don't like the retirement changes there thinking about and talk of the 401k and other bull shit this is how they should keep it you do 20 or more you get your full retirement if it's not broke don't fix it. Why don't you go corpsman mite be easier to strike for than going nurse.
Not to go too off track, but the new retirement isn't that bad, and the system is broke... hence the fix. Statistically, less then 20% of people who join get to retirement age, which leaves the other 80% with nothing financial to show for their service unless they invest independently. The new system will automatically elect everyone into a tsp and will match a certain percentage, a system similar to the federal government. In the end it will likely save the government money, it should encourage saving, and it will ensure that all who join the service after 2018 leave with something. It may also get rid of some of the shit birds who just hang around miserable waiting to hit the magic 20 yr mark. In all fairness, if the deal was offered to me back in the day, I would've taken it.
I was not a shit bird and did the 20 year mark my Dad and Grandfather hit the 20 year mark my Grandfather made Chief then Officer I don't call them shit birds the Navy has higher standards if your evaluation the shits they don't let you reenlist shit bird gone I thought all services did that :shrug: It makes you stay so they don't loose the experience but the Navy been doing high year tenure since the 1990's they look for stuff to get rid of you the Army just starting that form what I been reading with down sizing.
Last edited by River Rat on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:33 am

River Rat wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
I was not a shit bird and did the 20 year mark my Dad and Grandfather hit the 20 year mark my Grandfather made Chief then Officer I don't call them shit birds the Navy has higher standards if your evaluation the shits they don't let you reenlist shit bird gone I thought all services did that :shrug: It makes you stay so they don't loose the experience.
Mike, my comment wasn't directed at you... not sure why you took it personally.

I have a difficult time believing that during your career you never met a person that was simply waiting around until they got retirement. All services have shit birds including the Navy. The advancement system is designed to help with it, but unfortunately it often follows the Peter Principle.... which is part of why high year tenure exists imo.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:42 am

I can't believe it took four days for this dribble to begin. :raised:
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:45 am

lilhoody wrote:
:htfu: and stop whinning at any thing I write

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:32 am

hoppyjr wrote:
aaronequalsgaron wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:And yes, thank you for serving.
Wait, he's already giving BJ's??!
As long as we don't make eye contact.
You're gonna get along just fine here. :cheers:
yes he will :3some:

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:11 pm

River Rat wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
Step righting the same thang over and over.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:15 pm

lilhoody wrote:
River Rat wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
:lol:

2canChew
Old School
Name: Cap

Post by 2canChew » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:37 pm

Aaron..... your very young and seem quite bright. You may even be my Son. What's your Mothers name by chance??
- Censorship is like smoke, it always clears and never lasts.
- The internet should be considered a sport, it has the largest playing field.
- You can run but you can't hide, except in Beijing.
- Best cell phone plan, never owning one.
- Eat GMO's until your genitals fall off.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:15 pm

2canChew wrote:Aaron..... your very young and seem quite bright. You may even be my Son. What's your Mothers name by chance??
If anything he's Wayne's son.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:21 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
2canChew wrote:Aaron..... your very young and seem quite bright. You may even be my Son. What's your Mothers name by chance??
Bunch of us might be!

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:22 pm

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:26 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
River Rat wrote:
lilhoody wrote:
:lol:
:lol: :lol:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:51 pm

Joeprez wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Bunch of us might be!
This may be more possible that we realize.

:grin:

aaronequalsgaron

Post by aaronequalsgaron » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:14 pm

You're. Her name is Ermie. Dad? :o

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Aaron did you check your action pic yet ? :lol:

aaronequalsgaron

Post by aaronequalsgaron » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:49 am

blowfish89 wrote:Aaron did you check your action pic yet ? :lol:
I have not. Where do I see it?

2canChew
Old School

Post by 2canChew » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:32 am

I did not endorse your action Pic....... Sorry Son :shock:
Last edited by 2canChew on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

2canChew
Old School

Post by 2canChew » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:35 am

aaronequalsgaron wrote:
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... 22&t=49696

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:32 pm

aaronequalsgaron wrote:
Please don't feed him. He will just end up quoting himself again in his signature.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:59 pm

2canChew wrote:
aaronequalsgaron wrote:
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... 22&t=49696
Here we go. ....oh hell.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

2canChew
Old School

Post by 2canChew » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:12 pm

BSears wrote:
aaronequalsgaron wrote:
Please don't feed him. He will just end up quoting himself again in his signature.
I apologize that my signature is not as hilarious as your location.

Last edited by 2canChew on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.