Who brung ya?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
falcon4311

Re: Who brung ya?

Post by falcon4311 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:29 pm

CoachH wrote:Someone, I can't remember who, posted a SAS watch on the daily wruw thread at another forum. I hadn't seen this watch before and asked about it. Trevor (Cali kid) and a couple of others responded and led me here.
What ever happened to Trevor? i haven't seen him in ages, not since I had a bad encounter with Z Freak over at that so called Xtreme Watch forum. I think Trevor was posting here for a while but he just vanished, I really liked the guy. :thumbsup:

Zach T
Name: Zach

Post by Zach T » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Kris (greenlightning) is to blame for my addiction to this site. Met Kris thorough a friend of mine and he helped me find my Panerai. Actually he has helped me find most of my collection. Thanks Kris. My wife makes fun of me every day because I have to get on and look at DWC. She doesn't understand obviously. I am looking forward to years more of addiction and great posts.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
CoachH wrote:Someone, I can't remember who, posted a SAS watch on the daily wruw thread at another forum. I hadn't seen this watch before and asked about it. Trevor (Cali kid) and a couple of others responded and led me here.
What ever happened to Trevor? i haven't seen him in ages, not since I had a bad encounter with Z Freak over at that so called Xtreme Watch forum. I think Trevor was posting here for a while but he just vanished, I really liked the guy. :thumbsup:
His dad was in poor health and Trevor was taking care of him. I don't know what happened, but he just stopped posting one day and never came back.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:24 pm

I was out shopping, a black van screeched to a stop beside me. I was bundled into the van by half a dozen masked dudes and had a needle jabbed in my neck.
When I woke up I was here. Who were those guys? :shrug:
Andy :uj:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:34 pm

snootydog wrote:I was out shopping, a black van screeched to a stop beside me. I was bundled into the van by half a dozen masked dudes and had a needle jabbed in my neck.
Terry never showed you the photos they took? I bet you were sore after all that.

Disc Golfer 209
Name: Luis

Who brung ya?

Post by Disc Golfer 209 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:46 pm

I first signed on to get my Baltic Shield discount and didn't get the watch but it's an entertaining forum.
Last edited by Disc Golfer 209 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Terry I knew that was you. I just somehow knew.
The Hapa

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:35 am

Ha, Johns "booger hook off the bang button" photo.

:lol:
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:16 am

Paul sent me a PM on Watchuseek to check out Yamahaki forum then I followed it to DWC don't go to watchuseek much any more since.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:39 am

hoppyjr wrote:
snootydog wrote:I was out shopping, a black van screeched to a stop beside me. I was bundled into the van by half a dozen masked dudes and had a needle jabbed in my neck.
Terry never showed you the photos they took? I bet you were sore after all that.
he really shouldn't have been sore afterwards, it seems he had been pretty active before I bagged and tagged him. :crybaby:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:59 am

toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
he really shouldn't have been sore afterwards, it seems he had been pretty active before I bagged and tagged him. :crybaby:
This is what I'd heard.

ikkoku
Stink Eye Extraordinaire

Post by ikkoku » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 am

Been so long, don't remember how I found yamahaki

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
hazmatman wrote:DMB.

He emailed me around the time (IIRC) Sean got booted from WUS, saying "hey, you seem like a funny guy, me & the Moose brothers are blowing this popsicle stand, let's go" and off to WTF we went. Soon Sean's compulsive perfidious behavior had people going out the door, and I got another Cajun communication..."hey, we're gonna start our own forum, want in?" Thus I found myself at Y3...and how I, of all people, ended up as a mod still baffles the imagination. And I hung around as Sean's descent into drug-addled deceit eroded Y3 until the only thing left was to kill the king. Luckily his lying ass exiled himself (there were helpful suggestions). The rest, as they say, is history.

So, if you got a problem with me, blame this guy... DMB (David)

If seeing a Sinn U1 on a nautical chart gives you flashbacks to the 'Nam (even if you were never there), blame this guy... Steven

If you bought watches you really really could not afford because of technical lingo & beautful prose, blame this guy... suddha (Jason)

If you bought watches you flipped in less than 72 hours because of beautful photos, blame these two... DEMO
John Wilson
BTW, one of them is looking for someone competent to do ceiling drywall repairs (think, think, there ya go, you figured it out)

If you have poor taste in automobiles, blame this guy... blackdude (Gerry)

If you cannot come to terms with your homoerotic fantasies, blame these two guys...
ME
Patsy

And if you want to thank a couple guys for keeping this place alive, try these two...
Wu-Tang
Imageezcheese (Derek)
Lulz

Dom (polaco23) brought me here
Image Image

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:43 pm

I was looking for a Quilting and Nitting forum. And then all of a sudden it was a watch forum, but fuck it, I'd already registered so I stuck around.

:shrug:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:53 pm

rockmastermike wrote:I wasn't a refugee from anywhere, I was just trying to learn as much as I could. To that end, google lead me here.
Like many, I carry dual citizenship with a few forums but DWC will always by my Home (Forum)
I resemble that comment !

Ron Jr
Darth Vader Jr
Name: Ron

Post by Ron Jr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:52 am

Came here when Y3 burnt to the ground. Don't remember how I found Y3.
Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I met you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.
Obi-Wan: Only a master of evil, Darth.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:54 am

Ron Jr wrote:Came here when Y3 burnt to the ground. Don't remember how I found Y3.
This, for me. I want to say I literally googled "dive watch forum" one day and found Y3 that way--and then recognized a bunch of folks from the WUS DWF. I believe Luke (snoballz-wish you were still around these parts, my friend) told me about DWC when Y3 went to hell.

watchdawg
Name: Vic

Post by watchdawg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:44 am

Can't remember but I know duriing Y3 meltdown