Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Re: Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Post by mikeylacroix » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:26 am

or malaysia for that matter...

Dixan

Post by Dixan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Just signed up. Shipping/ins has gone up too much lately. Shipped a couple of watches recently for $250+ for overnight, each. Ridiculous.

Hope this works as well as it promises to....

Thanks, DWC.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:35 pm

I just registered. I am interested to see how the rates compare.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:39 pm

So do I register and then call Nick? Register and not call anyone? Buy another watch and flip it just to use CGI after registering and calling Nick?

No, really.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:56 pm

r.palace wrote:So do I register and then call Nick? Register and not call anyone? Buy another watch and flip it just to use CGI after registering and calling Nick?

No, really.
I registered and Nick called me within an hr to confirm my details and provide user name and password info. I mentioned being on DWC and he said he'd put me in for the best available rate. Pretty impressed so far.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:14 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
r.palace wrote:So do I register and then call Nick? Register and not call anyone? Buy another watch and flip it just to use CGI after registering and calling Nick?

No, really.
I registered and Nick called me within an hr to confirm my details and provide user name and password info. I mentioned being on DWC and he said he'd put me in for the best available rate. Pretty impressed so far.
Thanks Rob. Will look into this tomorrow :cheers:
ImageImage

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:45 am

Update from me. Been working with Nicolas and got my first package shipped today - Fedex Priority overnight by 10:30am tomorrow. AP Rubberclad - $12k insurance - under $60. They are a NO BRAINER for me going forward and if you are on the fence jump off of it and get on board. So ridiculously easy and great rates out the door.

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:46 am

i may need to ship a bracelet to canada soon so will get to try my new CGI act for the first time. I was supposed to receive shipping boxes and materials from them but never did. What do you use to ship Fedex in? Do you just print out the slip and take to Fedex drop off place and take one of their boxes etc?
Last edited by ericf4 on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

R_Ongjoco
Name: Ron

Post by R_Ongjoco » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:53 am

bzabodyn wrote:Update from me. Been working with Nicolas and got my first package shipped today - Fedex Priority overnight by 10:30am tomorrow. AP Rubberclad - $12k insurance - under $60. They are a NO BRAINER for me going forward and if you are on the fence jump off of it and get on board. So ridiculously easy and great rates out the door.

BZ
Is that $60 for both shipping and insurance? If so, thats pretty cheap. I might sign up even though I dont really have any watches to sell any more.

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:58 am

ericf4 wrote:i may need to ship a bracelet to canada soon so will get to try my new CGI act for the first time. I was supposed to receive shipping boxes and materials from them but never did. What do you use to ship Fedex in? Do you just print out the slip and take to Fedex drop off place and take one of their boxes etc?
Correct Eric, print out the label and bring it to FedEx. You can buy boxes there. They will even box it up for you.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:28 am

You can also order supplies for free from CGI (FedEx does this as well, which is why it is complimentary) and have them sent to your house. Then you can pack everything and just drop it off at FedEx rather than waiting in line.
:htfu:

hoppes-no9
Name: Dan

Post by hoppes-no9 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Nellipj wrote:Just wanted to do a follow up for CGI. I shipped out 3 watches over the last 2 days. CGI made it as easy as possible and the rates are fantastic. If you have not signed up yet, do yourself a favor and get it done. Great service :thumbsup:
Amen. The hassle and cost of shipping was always a barrier to me selling/trading watches. CGI fixed that. Darn them. :cussing:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:43 pm

just checked CGI pricing on the site for a $700 value package of 0.25lb (its a bracelet) from IL to Toronto and it was like $55 International priority....not sure if that good? Seems a bit high for something so light? Or is that decent?

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:09 pm

Eric, the one time I shipped FedEx to Canada it was triple that.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:10 pm

Jesus.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Nellipj wrote:Eric, the one time I shipped FedEx to Canada it was triple that.
+1

Very difficult to justify shipping certain lower cost items to our international bros from the States
ImageImage

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:08 pm

r.palace wrote:
+1

Very difficult to justify shipping certain lower cost items to our international bros from the States
Just use USPS - it will get there eventually. If you are willing to go without insurance or limited insurance (primarily lower cost items), its pretty affordable actually. If you use the express option, you can have stuff delivered in 3-5 days anywhere with full tracking - I have sent three watches to the same guy in Australia, about $60 each for the express 3-day delivery, and $30 for the regular mail option (2 weeks). And I once sent a strap to the UK for $7 (you can still get spotty tracking using the customs number even though USPS says no tracking). Canada too. Sent my Damasko to Ireland as well.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm

blowfish89 wrote:
r.palace wrote:
+1

Just use USPS - it will get there eventually. If you are willing to go without insurance or limited insurance (primarily lower cost items), its pretty affordable actually. If you use the express option, you can have stuff delivered in 3-5 days anywhere with full tracking - I have sent three watches to the same guy in Australia, about $60 each for the express 3-day delivery, and $30 for the regular mail option (2 weeks). And I once sent a strap to the UK for $7 (you can still get spotty tracking using the customs number even though USPS says no tracking). Canada too. Sent my Damasko to Ireland as well.
Yeah I've sent many watches USPS express without issue. I'll check if it's much less than cgi FedEx for this one. Perhaps my cgi is more suited for watches worth thousands versus a bracelet in hundreds.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:49 pm

Just calculated it on CGI and Fedex.com and sure as shit the rates on CGI were like $55, $46, $22 depending on method, and on Fedex.com they were like $88, $80, $45 for the same methods.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Got something to send to Italy. It cost $195 with $400 insurance via UPS for three day ship.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:16 am

I guess it all depends on what/how you're shipping. I just got a quote for a $300 package via Fedex Express saver using CGI for $45 from CT to CA. It was $10 via USPS using Jewel Systems :shrug: Maybe CGI is better for high $ transactions, but it's tough to beat USPS Priority for $10 insured with signature requirement.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 pm

streetracer101 wrote:I guess it all depends on what/how you're shipping. I just got a quote for a $300 package via Fedex Express saver using CGI for $45 from CT to CA. It was $10 via USPS using Jewel Systems :shrug: Maybe CGI is better for high $ transactions, but it's tough to beat USPS Priority for $10 insured with signature requirement.
CGI will do insurance only for USPS packages. So do the same USPS priority insured with signature declared at $20 (or whatever you want under $100) and then insured it separately through CGI. Rates will probably be slightly cheaper than what you're currently using.

You can't compare FedEx to USPS, as the insurers don't have total control of the rates given to them by the shipping companies.
:htfu:

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:38 pm

Anything under a grand I'll probably just be lazy and ship priority in a flat rate box but on most of the transactions I worry about (>5k) they're a lifesaver for me.

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 pm

I have signed up now, with help from Jorge. :thumbsup:

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Just signed up. Thanks.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."