Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 pm

I found someone who made a claim before I signed up. I can’t remember who, but they had a good experience.

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:28 pm

CGI has been my go to for virtually all the domestic and international deals I’ve done in the last two years. Solid experience each time.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm

I’m very happy with Parcel Pro, but I’ve never had a claim.

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm

I’ve been to both parcelpro and cgi today to try to get signed up for one or the other. Both of the registration forms wanted my business name, trade references, tax id number etc...

Is there anything out there for an individual non business owner that just needs to ship a few expensive items?

Did all of you guys using these services have to fill out these forms? Maybe I just need to bs my way through it.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:46 pm

shaneotool wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm
I’ve been to both parcelpro and cgi today to try to get signed up for one or the other. Both of the registration forms wanted my business name, trade references, tax id number etc...

Is there anything out there for an individual non business owner that just needs to ship a few expensive items?

Did all of you guys using these services have to fill out these forms? Maybe I just need to bs my way through it.
I use cgi, no business.

There should be a way to speak to a representative to help with sign up.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:40 pm

shaneotool wrote:I’ve been to both parcelpro and cgi today to try to get signed up for one or the other. Both of the registration forms wanted my business name, trade references, tax id number etc...

Most of us use it as individuals but the accounts were set up by either Arthur or Jorge (I don’t have their numbers anymore but I’m sure some of the dudes here can hook you up).

I have my “business” name set up as Ralph - DWC and it doesn’t affect anything.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:08 pm

shaneotool wrote:I’ve been to both parcelpro and cgi today to try to get signed up for one or the other. Both of the registration forms wanted my business name, trade references, tax id number etc...

PM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:10 pm

Put DWC as your business
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I’m going to call in Monday and see if I can get it set up.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:25 pm

been using them for years....love it...
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:29 pm

I have been using them for years. I can tell you a while back I was going to drop them. They changed their business address and their phone numbers were not active. They also did not answer there emails for over 2 weeks. When I was finally able to talk to the owner of the company I expressed my disappointment with them. Things did get better but I have to say I was not a happy camper for a while when I was insuring customer watches and they were not communicating with me.

Part of the issue I had was the clarity on what they actually insure. If the watch is over 1K you can not ship it with anything but Fedex overnight. They will not insure it. Anything under 1K you can send with USPS priority.

I do believe they are one of the better options though.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:52 pm

toxicavenger wrote:I have been using them for years. I can tell you a while back I was going to drop them. They changed their business address and their phone numbers were not active. They also did not answer there emails for over 2 weeks. When I was finally able to talk to the owner of the company I expressed my disappointment with them. Things did get better but I have to say I was not a happy camper for a while when I was insuring customer watches and they were not communicating with me.

Part of the issue I had was the clarity on what they actually insure. If the watch is over 1K you can not ship it with anything but Fedex overnight. They will not insure it. Anything under 1K you can send with USPS priority.

I automatically send anything over 1k with FedEx through CGI. Have been doing so and have been very satisfied with the service. However, are you saying that anything over 1k is not insurable unless overnighted?

I’ve sent countless FedEx 2 day packages worth way over 1k through CGI. If something would’ve happened to them you’re saying I would’ve been SOL if I made a claim because they weren’t overnighted?

Very intrigued now
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:13 pm

r.palace wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:52 pm
toxicavenger wrote:I have been using them for years. I can tell you a while back I was going to drop them. They changed their business address and their phone numbers were not active. They also did not answer there emails for over 2 weeks. When I was finally able to talk to the owner of the company I expressed my disappointment with them. Things did get better but I have to say I was not a happy camper for a while when I was insuring customer watches and they were not communicating with me.

I automatically send anything over 1k with FedEx through CGI. Have been doing so and have been very satisfied with the service. However, are you saying that anything over 1k is not insurable unless overnighted?

I’ve sent countless FedEx 2 day packages worth way over 1k through CGI. If something would’ve happened to them you’re saying I would’ve been SOL if I made a claim because they weren’t overnighted?

Very intrigued now
I am pretty positive they told me that. I was using USPS Priority shipping my watches. They told me they will not insure them over 1K. I thought they told me I need to use FedEx overnight for everything over 1k. Maybe I misunderstood. At that time I was pretty pissed off due to their lack of service.

Wu might have more info.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:36 pm

FWIW I always try to pay my own shipping with CGI when I negotiate a watch deal. Then I ship it to the FedEx/kinkos close to my work. Saves about 5-10 bucks in overnight fees vs shipping to my house.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:32 pm

I got some info from CGI today. You can send USPS Priority up to $1k insured. Higher value items have to be sent overnight with FedEx to be covered. Due to the current virus status all packages must be delivered to the closet Fedex delivery center to the receiver. You can NOT send it to their business or house.