Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: Save money on all your insured shipping costs with CGI!

Post by matt.wu » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:03 am
Did you actually sell a watch? Is that a first?
Yes. First of many I think. Servicing watches I don't wear is... uncool. Plus I want a NOS Tudor sub, and I promised my wife no more watch money until I graduate.

Sell me your LV
:htfu:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:15 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:03 am
Did you actually sell a watch? Is that a first?
Yes. First of many I think. Servicing watches I don't wear is... uncool. Plus I want a NOS Tudor sub, and I promised my wife no more watch money until I graduate.

Sell me your LV
Hm... no. I want your snowflake though. Hold on to it for another year and I'll buy it with my professor $$$.

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:21 am

Bumping this one to the top....With USPS prices steadily increasing and ??? as to whether they insure jewelry/watches, CGI is the only way to go. A total breeze and way cheaper than USPS. Just sent T-bone a couple watches for service (FedEx 2 Day - $2,300 insured) $22 bucks. Give Jorge a call for your International and domestic shipping needs.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 am

i've had issues recently with CGI after using them for last few years....not sure whats up.....First i got an invoice from Fedex the other day saying i owe them for a shipment i used CGI for months ago. The CGI invoice at the time was like $40 but this fedex bill was like $150 if I recall. When i called CGI, it sounded like i was calling a random persons cell phone as they didn't even answer saying anything but "hello".....I was like is this CGI????

They said to send in copies of the invoice and they will pay it. Hopefully they end up doing that.

Second, when i went to ship a watch a week back, the rates came up like 3x what they normally are. I called CGI and they said that they shut down their old account with fedex and opened up another one......Sounded weird......Anyway they had me wait and log back in and the rates were back to normal again....

Anyone know whats up over there? I've used them quite a bit over the last few years and always been great, just lately its weird.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:11 pm

My account got shut down a few months ago - probably due to inactivity. I emailed them twice and was ignored. Oh well.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Jorge seems to be the go-to-guy over there. He’s relatively quick to respond for me.

Jorge Gonzalez

+1 (213) 330-5758

jgonzalez@centinelcorp.com

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm

nweash wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 pm
Jorge seems to be the go-to-guy over there. He’s relatively quick to respond for me.

Jorge Gonzalez

+1 (213) 330-5758

jgonzalez@centinelcorp.com
Jorge is who I talk to also. I have never had an issue.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:39 pm

I’ve used them three times in the past year or so. Every time has been flawless. It’s been a while, however.
- Todd

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:08 pm

I shipped twice with them this year without issue including recently to Australia.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Shipping with them is one thing, but has anyone ever filed a claim? If so, was it paid without issue?

I don’t know this company and I don’t intend to paint them in a bad light BUT it wouldn’t be impossible to have a company that “brokers” shipping (such as this) and then doesn’t step up when needed. Insurance is of no value if the insurer doesn’t or can’t pay the claim.

Based on recent comments I’m skeptical.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:41 am

Never filed a claim so not sure. Just lately things seemed odd w them. The whole getting a bill from FedEx when I already paid via CGI months earlier made me wonder.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:15 am

I’ve had one or two hiccups with them. I did receive a bill from FedEx one time as well. That was taken care of but odd nonetheless

Not sure if Art out in California is still at CGI. He was Jorge’s boss and took care of some things (credits, financial issues) that Jorge didn’t have access to.

I haven’t had to phone either of them in over a year because the online process is simple. However, Hop does make a point to question the claims process.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 am

r.palace wrote:I’ve had one or two hiccups with them. I did receive a bill from FedEx one time as well. That was taken care of but odd nonetheless

Not sure if Art out in California is still at CGI. He was Jorge’s boss and took care of some things (credits, financial issues) that Jorge didn’t have access to.

I haven’t had to phone either of them in over a year because the online process is simple. However, Hop does make a point to question the claims process.
Would love to know if anyone ever had to make a claim.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 am

Sorry if you guys want to donate a watch to get lost then go for it. I am not doing it.

All I can say is I ton of a big guys who use them and swear by them. Wu is one of them.

I

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 am

ive been using them for a few years and all well, again only as of late some weirdness.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am

ericf4 wrote:ive been using them for a few years and all well, again only as of late some weirdness.
In fairness, we have some weirdness around here too.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 am
Sorry if you guys want to donate a watch to get lost then go for it. I am not doing it.

All I can say is I ton of a big guys who use them and swear by them. Wu is one of them.
I think the question about claims resolution is a valid one, and I've wondered about that with CGI (and similar services) as well. I'd only swear by them if I'd made a claim and had it resolved to my satisfaction. Otherwise it's just wishful thinking.

Have the guys you know who use them ever made a claim? If so, how was it handled?

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 am

logan2z wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:49 am
toxicavenger wrote:

I think the question about claims resolution is a valid one, and I've wondered about that with CGI (and similar services) as well. I'd only swear by them if I'd made a claim and had it resolved to my satisfaction. Otherwise it's just wishful thinking.

Have the guys you know who use them ever made a claim? If so, how was it handled?
I have used them many times but no need for claim yet.....Ive not heard or read of any around here either. I was going to file one on the U1P i sold when it showed up defective to the buyer. Rather, RGM fixed it under warranty so i didnt have to file. I am still curious whether it was damaged in shipment as it was like BNIB functioning properly etc when i shipped it. I dont think you can even insure other methods to a high enough value for many watches and thats where CGI comes in handy, that is, if they handle claims well.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 am
logan2z wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

I have used them many times but no need for claim yet.....Ive not heard or read of any around here either. I was going to file one on the U1P i sold when it showed up defective to the buyer. Rather, RGM fixed it under warranty so i didnt have to file. I am still curious whether it was damaged in shipment as it was like BNIB functioning properly etc when i shipped it. I dont think you can even insure other methods to a high enough value for many watches and thats where CGI comes in handy, that is, if they handle claims well.
Almost any shipper will take the insurance fee (even if they don't cover the insured amount :) ) but claims handling is another story. Curious to hear people's experiences with claims and CGI.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:06 am

BTW, why has Parcel Pro fallen out of favor around here? Used to be highly recommended but everyone seems to have moved to CGI.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:10 am

i still use parcelpro
now owned by ups, but still ship via fedex

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:25 am

logan2z wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:52 am
logan2z wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Almost any shipper will take the insurance fee (even if they don't cover the insured amount :) ) but claims handling is another story. Curious to hear people's experiences with claims and CGI.
Exactly. FedEx will take your money, so will USPS, but they’ll deny watch claims.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 am

logan2z wrote:BTW, why has Parcel Pro fallen out of favor around here? Used to be highly recommended but everyone seems to have moved to CGI.
I use Parcel Pro

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 am
logan2z wrote:BTW, why has Parcel Pro fallen out of favor around here? Used to be highly recommended but everyone seems to have moved to CGI.
I use Parcel Pro
I've used them too. No operational issues, but no claims either.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:00 am

logan2z wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 am
I use Parcel Pro
I've used them too. No operational issues, but no claims either.
But since they are owned by UPS and they insure watches and jewelry I think it’s solid.