WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:12 pm

one dude also said he was able to remove the caseback with two fingers. boy did this release go off like a turd bomb

User avatar
Dedalus
Professor J
Posts: 3896
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:07 pm
Name: Jared
Location: NZ
Contact:

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by Dedalus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:03 am

W. T. F.

I don't own a Tactico/Crepas, nor have I ever owned one, but I find this absolutely astonishing in its hypocrisy and absurdity:

"The solution is easy: loosen the screws that attach the caliber to the case and tighten them again when the desired alignment has been achieved."

"We deeply regret that this situation has stained the delivery of the ANKO model after so much effort and dedication."

"We hope and trust that every customer is fully satisfied with his or her piece."


What a crock of shit. The existence of a "solution" requires the preexistence of a problem. Oh, but this "solution is easy," which dictates that the problem itself could also have been easily solved by Tactico, or avoided all-together. Neither was done.

They "deeply regret" the stain this mess has made--a fleeting glimmer of false hope--but their deep "regret" is that "so much effort and dedication" has been sullied.

And they end with a supplicating "hope" for customer satisfaction. Perhaps they should hope, too, for better QC in the future, as opposed to taking practical measures to ensure it. :pray:

Like I said.

W. T. F.

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3718
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:35 am

Nicely said^^

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 am

Dedalus wrote:W. T. F.

I don't own a Tactico/Crepas, nor have I ever owned one, but I find this absolutely astonishing in its hypocrisy and absurdity:

"The solution is easy: loosen the screws that attach the caliber to the case and tighten them again when the desired alignment has been achieved."

"We deeply regret that this situation has stained the delivery of the ANKO model after so much effort and dedication."

"We hope and trust that every customer is fully satisfied with his or her piece."


What a crock of shit. The existence of a "solution" requires the preexistence of a problem. Oh, but this "solution is easy," which dictates that the problem itself could also have been easily solved by Tactico, or avoided all-together. Neither was done.

They "deeply regret" the stain this mess has made--a fleeting glimmer of false hope--but their deep "regret" is that "so much effort and dedication" has been sullied.

And they end with a supplicating "hope" for customer satisfaction. Perhaps they should hope, too, for better QC in the future, as opposed to taking practical measures to ensure it. :pray:

Like I said.

W. T. F.
Hey they did offer some free sunglasses to the people with issues. :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16565
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:13 am

So what's the real deal? The movement shifts when everything gets screwed down? If so, stupid fucking design.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:16 am

JP Chestnut wrote:So what's the real deal? The movement shifts when everything gets screwed down? If so, stupid fucking design.
Yes, and someone complained when they screwed down the crown the dial moved out of alignment also. I think basically those two movement screws were lose from the start, maybe you can put enough torque on them to make sure it never moves again but DAMN what a horrible way to confront the QC issue. :shrug:

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3718
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

It seems all it needed was a movement spacer to begin with...that was apparently in the original design?

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16565
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:So what's the real deal? The movement shifts when everything gets screwed down? If so, stupid fucking design.
Yes, and someone complained when they screwed down the crown the dial moved out of alignment also. I think basically those two movement screws were lose from the start, maybe you can put enough torque on them to make sure it never moves again but DAMN what a horrible way to confront the QC issue. :shrug:
It's pretty obvious engineering, why two set screws set less than 180 degrees off each other will allow the movement to shift. At least if they were right across form each other, the movement could only shift in along a single line - as they are it can shift at least 30 degrees from center.

Three screw downs set at 120 degree spacing would have solved the problem, assuming the set screws were secure. This is why I stick to "real" watch brands.

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 4004
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:42 am

I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 am

Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 14090
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by andrema » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Image

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 8438
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:00 am

I'd be very afraid of relying on this watch to be what's it's supposed to be, a dive watch. A caseback you can unscrew with your thumbs, and a crown that can move the dial around sounds like a flood ready to happen.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 am

andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Mk2's new watch has a 48 click bezel also. :mrgreen:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16565
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am

toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Mk2's new watch has a 48 click bezel also. :mrgreen:
I'm waiting for one with an odd number of clicks.

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3718
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 am

toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Mk2's new watch has a 48 click bezel also. :mrgreen:
which the fanbois love saying its a yao QC thing i read somewhere...

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Mk2's new watch has a 48 click bezel also. :mrgreen:
which the fanbois love saying its a yao QC thing i read somewhere...
the qc he forgot to do :clap:

User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by Bradystraps » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.


^^^^^

Right. On. The. Money. IMO.
Image

Image

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 14090
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by andrema » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Very disappointing, to say the least


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

I got to try one this weekend and here are my thoughts:
It fits exactly like the 6159
Case finishing is outstanding, especially the finish on the sides to replicate the 6159
Caseback engraving has sharp edges so it seems like it could cut (like the inside of Aquajive's lugs) :mrgreen:
The bezel looks great in person
Lume does not match the watch at all, it is to white and looks like an afterthought
The shiny gold word Anko looks out of place and to shiny for the rest of the watch
Bezel movement was perfect
Crown movement is perfect

Would I buy this watch, honestly if the lume looked different I probably would have. I have to say the lume does completely throw the look off to the point that it doesn't match the look the watch is or was trying to achieve. Oh and not to mention the movement holder is a complete fail imo.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5460
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by Seppia » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Great write up, thanks Terry.
I was sure this watch had a lot of good somewhere, it's Crepas and you don't build a reputation like the one they have without any substance
This watch was just born wrong and they did not look to have handled the situation in a great way.
Lots of people are very happy with it, I guess it's just going to be hard for Anko to get rid of the bitter taste in people's mouths no matter what

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

Seppia wrote:Great write up, thanks Terry.
I was sure this watch had a lot of good somewhere, it's Crepas and you don't build a reputation like the one they have without any substance
This watch was just born wrong and they did not look to have handled the situation in a great way.
Lots of people are very happy with it, I guess it's just going to be hard for Anko to get rid of the bitter taste in people's mouths no matter what
To think the people that they screwed on the qc issue never received their free Anko sunglasses either. Pretty lame actually.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34320
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
marchone wrote:Just like costume jewelry.
More like a dildo. It sort of does the job, but there's definitely something missing.
Dude...I told you to buy batteries and turn the damned thing ON.

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5741
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Seppia wrote:Great write up, thanks Terry.
I was sure this watch had a lot of good somewhere, it's Crepas and you don't build a reputation like the one they have without any substance
This watch was just born wrong and they did not look to have handled the situation in a great way.
Lots of people are very happy with it, I guess it's just going to be hard for Anko to get rid of the bitter taste in people's mouths no matter what
To think the people that they screwed on the qc issue never received their free Anko sunglasses either. Pretty lame actually.
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on their QC. Dumped mine. It is what it is.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
Image

dmckean44
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 11:02 pm
Name: Dave
Location: San Diego

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by dmckean44 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 am

It seems like forum commissioned watches never turn out that great.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45624
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am

People had qc issues are saying they still haven't received their free sunglasses. Also some of the guys who sent their watches in for the alignment issue still haven't received them back yet.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests