WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

It seems all it needed was a movement spacer to begin with...that was apparently in the original design?

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:19 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:So what's the real deal? The movement shifts when everything gets screwed down? If so, stupid fucking design.
Yes, and someone complained when they screwed down the crown the dial moved out of alignment also. I think basically those two movement screws were lose from the start, maybe you can put enough torque on them to make sure it never moves again but DAMN what a horrible way to confront the QC issue. :shrug:
It's pretty obvious engineering, why two set screws set less than 180 degrees off each other will allow the movement to shift. At least if they were right across form each other, the movement could only shift in along a single line - as they are it can shift at least 30 degrees from center.

Three screw downs set at 120 degree spacing would have solved the problem, assuming the set screws were secure. This is why I stick to "real" watch brands.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:42 am

I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:48 am

Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

Regarding this Anko model, I don't know if the blame can rest on the use of movement tabs, as they are not unique. The use of a movement spacer integrated with the case back is new to me, and I can certainly see how torquing a case back down could cause the dial to shift in relation to the rehaut. As Jacob states, two tabs is not enough to overcome the torque applied to the case back.

If this is the case, I can't figure out why they would have done this. Integrating the spacer to the case back can't be a cost savings measure - can it?
I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:55 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:I don't know what went wrong here with this release. I own a couple of CREPAS watches and they have all been perfect. Ana, the brand owner, has (in my experience) been very responsive. There are even a number of customers who are commercial divers and post photographs of various models in commercial diving use. They included a pressure test print out on my old Cayman showing it tested to 4000 meters in some German lab. In the world of micros, I felt CREPAS was a step above the norm.

I honestly think the rushed delivery on it and didn't check anything, they relied on the factory to do it all.
Yep. If I owned a brand, I would look at every watch that went out of my doors.

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:00 am

I'd be very afraid of relying on this watch to be what's it's supposed to be, a dive watch. A caseback you can unscrew with your thumbs, and a crown that can move the dial around sounds like a flood ready to happen.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:02 am

andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

But, in their defense, shit like this happens to larger, established brands...like Kobold. But, at least Kobold asks for the watch back to fix their problems and tries to take ownership of any issues.

This, in my opinion, is bullshit customer service. Asking customers to adjust their own, brand new, watches is ridiculous and a poor decision.It will be a black eye on the company, much like the 58 click bezel that Ocean 7 had...everyone will remember and it will forever mar their reputation.
Mk2's new watch has a 48 click bezel also. :mrgreen:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:04 am

toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

I'm waiting for one with an odd number of clicks.

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 am

toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

which the fanbois love saying its a yao QC thing i read somewhere...

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
andrema wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

which the fanbois love saying its a yao QC thing i read somewhere...
the qc he forgot to do :clap:

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:45 pm

toxicavenger wrote:

^^^^^

Right. On. The. Money. IMO.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Very disappointing, to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

I got to try one this weekend and here are my thoughts:
It fits exactly like the 6159
Case finishing is outstanding, especially the finish on the sides to replicate the 6159
Caseback engraving has sharp edges so it seems like it could cut (like the inside of Aquajive's lugs) :mrgreen:
The bezel looks great in person
Lume does not match the watch at all, it is to white and looks like an afterthought
The shiny gold word Anko looks out of place and to shiny for the rest of the watch
Bezel movement was perfect
Crown movement is perfect

Would I buy this watch, honestly if the lume looked different I probably would have. I have to say the lume does completely throw the look off to the point that it doesn't match the look the watch is or was trying to achieve. Oh and not to mention the movement holder is a complete fail imo.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 am

Seppia wrote:Great write up, thanks Terry.
I was sure this watch had a lot of good somewhere, it's Crepas and you don't build a reputation like the one they have without any substance
This watch was just born wrong and they did not look to have handled the situation in a great way.
Lots of people are very happy with it, I guess it's just going to be hard for Anko to get rid of the bitter taste in people's mouths no matter what
To think the people that they screwed on the qc issue never received their free Anko sunglasses either. Pretty lame actually.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
marchone wrote:Just like costume jewelry.
More like a dildo. It sort of does the job, but there's definitely something missing.
Dude...I told you to buy batteries and turn the damned thing ON.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Seppia wrote:Great write up, thanks Terry.
I was sure this watch had a lot of good somewhere, it's Crepas and you don't build a reputation like the one they have without any substance
This watch was just born wrong and they did not look to have handled the situation in a great way.
Lots of people are very happy with it, I guess it's just going to be hard for Anko to get rid of the bitter taste in people's mouths no matter what
To think the people that they screwed on the qc issue never received their free Anko sunglasses either. Pretty lame actually.
Yeah, I wasn't too keen on their QC. Dumped mine. It is what it is.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

dmckean44
Name: Dave

Post by dmckean44 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:27 am

It seems like forum commissioned watches never turn out that great.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am

People had qc issues are saying they still haven't received their free sunglasses. Also some of the guys who sent their watches in for the alignment issue still haven't received them back yet.

5661nicholas
Name: nick

Post by 5661nicholas » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:31 am

I damn near jumped in on pre order, thank god I didn't have the funds at the time. Plus, with MM300's going for between 1-1.3k, why bother with an homage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsj11
Name: Jules

Post by jsj11 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Still really like mine, despite the alignment issues which I sorted out myself

On a toxic NATO that gives it a different vibe. As opposed to the waffle uncle seiko strap I had on it previously

Current Rotation:
Rolex: Pepsi GMT 16710 | Zenith: 1969 El Primero | Tudor: Pelagos | Heuer: Autavia 11630 | Nomos: Orion Datum | Doxa: 300 Pro 50th Anniversary | Muhle Glashutte: SeeBattalion GMT | Glycine: Airman No.1 | Tactico: Anko | Buler: Vintage 1353 Diver
Incoming:
Bulova: Moonwatch

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 am

jsj11 wrote:Still really like mine, despite the alignment issues which I sorted out myself

On a toxic NATO that gives it a different vibe. As opposed to the waffle uncle seiko strap I had on it previously

Jules, is that waffle strap comfortable? I hated the original version. :scratch:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:02 pm

This still isn't over. One guy finally got his watch back from repair, well he went to set the time and the dial moved again. So they are suppose to be giving him a new watch. It took a couple of months for him to get it back also.

Oh and no one received their sunglasses that they were promised either. :shrug:

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:16 pm

toxicavenger wrote:One guy finally got his watch back from repair, well he went to set the time and the dial moved again.
I think that pretty well sums up "Kill me now"
The Hapa