Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Excellent information and pics, Dave. Thank you! :thumbsup:

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Seems like it sits fairly flat on the wrist.

dmckean44
Name: Dave

Post by dmckean44 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Dave's pics really show off the long lugs.

Sexy.

dmckean44

Post by dmckean44 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:03 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Seppia wrote:Using a sticky ball.

Note: not the sticky ball all of you guys are thinking about.
I use one also to remove a caseback but putting a caseback on I wouldn't use one.
You'd probably want to mark where things were before removal and make sure things get lined back up to the same point afterwards.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Seppia wrote:Using a sticky ball.

Note: not the sticky ball all of you guys are thinking about.
I use one also to remove a caseback but putting a caseback on I wouldn't use one.
A super strong magnet would work great. :whistle:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Re: WTH Tactico? SBDX012 "homage"

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:43 pm

So how's the Lume? Was it as pictured earlier?

andrema

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:42 am

Due to the concerns posted in the public means about some issues with the ANKO model regarding the dial alignment in relation to the inner bezel, or the inner bezel in relation to the dial, we would like to point out:

- The indexes of the minutes of the inner bezel are all separated 6 degrees and converge to a perfect center.
- The hour marks of the dial are separated 30 degrees and converge to a perfect center, too.
- Therefore, both pieces are perfectly made in terms of their “own” alignment.

The ANKO model has a “different” design and is more complex than the rest of the models we have made so far.
The inner bezel diameter (30.25 mm) is bigger than the gap to introduce the module dial/caliber (29.50 mm), and for this reason the inner bezel is installed from the upper side, before attaching the crystal. All the inner bezels are perfectly aligned “North-South” for the hour marks 12 and 6, the same as “West-East” for the hour marks 9 and 3.

However, the dial, which has a smaller diameter (29 mm) than the inner gap of the case (as all the watches), has a kind of play (0.50 mm) and freedom of movement that disappear when they are attached to the case by means of clamps and screws. This means that the centering of the dial in the gap of the case middle has to be done taking great care and always trying that the center of the dial is placed above the center of the watch.
As an example of this, if the center of the dial has been attached closer to the index of the 9 there will be a bigger misalignment in the indexes of the 12 and of the 6 and a smaller one in the rest of the indexes (the indexes alignment of the 9 and 3 would be perfect, though).

The assembly of the ANKO model has been utterly careful; even though the dial may have been perfectly centered in the case, the screwing of the clamp to the case middle may make the center of the dial decenter a split second, making the indexes of the dial not to be aligned with the inner bezel.
The solution is easy: loosen the screws that attach the caliber to the case and tighten them again when the desired alignment has been achieved.

In models in which the inner bezel and the dial form a single piece this problem does not exist.

A misalignment tolerance of 1 to 1.5 degrees for two elements that are not joined is normal. A deviation of 1 degree is a sixth part of a second.

Any decentered dial that exceeds this degree of tolerance, and with an obvious decentering, will be center on its owner’s request.

We want to remind you that we decided to even out the micro pearl of the fish antenna inside of the metal to protect it. The micro pearl is there and it perfectly glows in the dark.

The power of the ANKO’s lumen BGW9 is exactly the same as the previous tactico model, the TC3. The power of this superluminova is noticeably inferior to the C3 or C1.

We deeply regret that this situation has stained the delivery of the ANKO model after so much effort and dedication.
We hope and trust that every customer is fully satisfied with his or her piece.

Thank you for your trust in TACTICO WATCHES, especially to those who has proudly shown the watch in public.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 am

^^
Responsibility has been dodged
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

andrema

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:04 am

muh-huh

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:08 am

Or they could have said:

"In assembling the watches, some of the watch dials were misaligned. We apologize for this situation. If you purchased a watch with a misaligned dial, please contact us and we will arrange for you to ship it to us at our expense so that the problem can be corrected."

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:13 am

BBK357 wrote:^^
Yeah, what a horrible response. Dials should have been checked after assembly and any ones that were not aligned properly should have been opened and fixed.

They basically said "shit happens" in that whole response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:22 am

BBK357 wrote:^^
Exactly. Such a BS. They couldn't even own up to it.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:23 am

So when did BGW9 become inferior to C1?

Oh and shitty response on their part. I totally expected more. From their statements it sounds like they new this was an issue, if I knew this was an issue I would have triple checked everything before I sent it out. I wouldn't have waste time and money by sending out a jacked product. Shame on them
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:55 am

JBZ wrote:Or they could have said:

"In assembling the watches, some of the watch dials were misaligned. We apologize for this situation. If you purchased a watch with a misaligned dial, please contact us and we will arrange for you to ship it to us at our expense so that the problem can be corrected."

+1,000,000

The correct and ONLY way to handle this, IMHO.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:50 am

Horrible response. Did they hire Volkswagen to manage the response?

dmckean44

Post by dmckean44 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:21 am

According to that explanation, the movement can just shift around every time you unscrew the crown?

andrema

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 am

Why even secure it to the dial. Just let it float around

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 am

Here is my analysis of the response in bold. Lousy consumer protection and customer service annoys the crap out of me.

andrema wrote:Due to the concerns posted in the public means about some issues with the ANKO model regarding the dial alignment in relation to the inner bezel, or the inner bezel in relation to the dial, we would like to point out:

- The indexes of the minutes of the inner bezel are all separated 6 degrees and converge to a perfect center.
- The hour marks of the dial are separated 30 degrees and converge to a perfect center, too.
- Therefore, both pieces are perfectly made in terms of their “own” alignment.

That is super awesome. We're not talking about what you did right. We're talking about what you did wrong.

The ANKO model has a “different” design and is more complex than the rest of the models we have made so far.

We applaud you for taking on a more complex design, but you probably should make sure you can handle the complexity.

The inner bezel diameter (30.25 mm) is bigger than the gap to introduce the module dial/caliber (29.50 mm), and for this reason the inner bezel is installed from the upper side, before attaching the crystal. All the inner bezels are perfectly aligned “North-South” for the hour marks 12 and 6, the same as “West-East” for the hour marks 9 and 3.

blah, blah, technical, blah, blah. Super glad your inner bezels are perfectly aligned but, again, not talking about what you did right.

However, the dial, which has a smaller diameter (29 mm) than the inner gap of the case (as all the watches), has a kind of play (0.50 mm) and freedom of movement that disappear when they are attached to the case by means of clamps and screws. This means that the centering of the dial in the gap of the case middle has to be done taking great care and always trying that the center of the dial is placed above the center of the watch.

Great care in theory, but not in practice, apparently.

As an example of this, if the center of the dial has been attached closer to the index of the 9 there will be a bigger misalignment in the indexes of the 12 and of the 6 and a smaller one in the rest of the indexes (the indexes alignment of the 9 and 3 would be perfect, though).

Mumbo jumbo. Just needed to use the word "perfect" again, I guess.

The assembly of the ANKO model has been utterly careful; even though the dial may have been perfectly centered in the case, the screwing of the clamp to the case middle may make the center of the dial decenter a split second, making the indexes of the dial not to be aligned with the inner bezel.

What happened appears to be the exact opposite from "utterly careful." It's nice that, at some point, the dial MAY have been perfectly centered in the case. And it's a poor workman that blames his tools.

The solution is easy: loosen the screws that attach the caliber to the case and tighten them again when the desired alignment has been achieved.

:thumbsup: As an old boss of mine said, "I don't care how you get it done, just get it done." And is this meant to imply that the solution is so easy that purchasers shouldn't even be raising this issue?

In models in which the inner bezel and the dial form a single piece this problem does not exist.

This is relevant how?

A misalignment tolerance of 1 to 1.5 degrees for two elements that are not joined is normal. A deviation of 1 degree is a sixth part of a second.

Normal according to whom? By what standard?

Any decentered dial that exceeds this degree of tolerance, and with an obvious decentering, will be center on its owner’s request.

So will you fix customer watches or not? Who decides whether the decentered dial exceeds the degree of tolerance? Who decides whether the decentering is "obvious"? And what is the process for fixing a watch?

We want to remind you that we decided to even out the micro pearl of the fish antenna inside of the metal to protect it. The micro pearl is there and it perfectly glows in the dark.

:thumbsup: So terrific in its irrelevance to the centering issue.

The power of the ANKO’s lumen BGW9 is exactly the same as the previous tactico model, the TC3. The power of this superluminova is noticeably inferior to the C3 or C1.

See above.

We deeply regret that this situation has stained the delivery of the ANKO model after so much effort and dedication.

Can you even apologize without complimenting yourself?

We hope and trust that every customer is fully satisfied with his or her piece.

They are not.

Thank you for your trust in TACTICO WATCHES, especially to those who has proudly shown the watch in public.

"proudly shown the watch in public"? I can't even.

dmckean44

Post by dmckean44 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 am

All the Seiko watches I have seen have a plastic spacer to keep the movmenent in place within the case like this:

Looks like the Anko doesn't have that.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:22 am

JBZ wrote:Here is my analysis of the response in bold. Lousy consumer protection and customer service annoys the crap out of me.

andrema wrote:We want to remind you that we decided to even out the micro pearl of the fish antenna inside of the metal to protect it. The micro pearl is there and it perfectly glows in the dark.

See above.
fwiw on these two, i think they're just addressing two more things people are complaining about in public. "where is my raised micro pearl?" and "why does the lume suck?" not relevant to the dial issue, but things people are definitely saying are issues w/this watch.

andrema

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:26 am

That's awesome...who assembled these, Yao?

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 am

gwells wrote:
JBZ wrote:Here is my analysis of the response in bold. Lousy consumer protection and customer service annoys the crap out of me.

andrema wrote:We want to remind you that we decided to even out the micro pearl of the fish antenna inside of the metal to protect it. The micro pearl is there and it perfectly glows in the dark.

See above.
fwiw on these two, i think they're just addressing two more things people are complaining about in public. "where is my raised micro pearl?" and "why does the lume suck?" not relevant to the dial issue, but things people are definitely saying are issues w/this watch.
Okay - still think it's weird to just throw it in a message about the other issue, but I didn't realize these were also issues.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:04 am

don't disagree, there. on the "yao" question or the "weird to just throw them in" thing.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:16 am

dmckean44 wrote:All the Seiko watches I have seen have a plastic spacer to keep the movmenent in place within the case like this:

Looks like the Anko doesn't have that.
floating movement?

andrema

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:36 am

Perhaps the caseback acts as the movement holder? Look at how it threads into the case....