bill yao speaks out!!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: bill yao speaks out!!

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:45 am

CGSshorty wrote:What does he do all day? He's certainly not building watches. Is he day trading with his deposits?
Underage whores most likely. Hopefully the Feds get him soon.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Looks like he is speeding things up again :stir: :
2015-04-14: Project 300 Drawings

April 14, 2015 By admin
Earlier today I shipped out the changes for the Project 300 drawings. There were no major changes required. Mostly the edits were questions about double checking details. The biggest change is the addition of the final bezel inlay design and artwork. I expect that as long as the case supplier doesn’t misinterpret my instructions and start changing the case unnecessarily, which has happened in previous projects, we should be able to sign off on the technical drawings before the end of May and start sampling. So far the extra effort invested in the 3D model is paying off. Normally I would not hazard to suggest when the technical drawings might be done at this stage in the process.

Coming Back Soon: Vantage Bracelets

April 15, 2015 By admin
Replacement Vantage bracelets will be available for sale soon. To be notified via email when ordering opens please sign up here. These are the same bracelets that we used on the Mk II Vantage. The reason they are just being made available now is because these were the bracelets from that original production that we weren’t entire happy with at the time. Finally we got around to sending them back to our supplier to have them refinished. We will open ordering once we have had a chance to QC the re-worked pieces.

^^^So it took almost 5 years to send some bracelet's out for refinishing? He is a fast mover for sure.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:30 pm

It's a drama for sure.
only accurate watches are interesting

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 pm

He will start sampling in May.....LOL!

I thought it would be an accomplishment for him to deliver the watch in three years, but I'm betting it closes in on four. What a mess!

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:36 pm

shit...so if anything actually needs changing it would be 10 years?

DenverBuff
Name: Vic

Post by DenverBuff » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:52 am

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 am

"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

^^^^ Caption:
MK II Watches

More due diligence for the #mkiiprojectgmt Checking the fit of the case parts and the dial. Looks like the white dials can go into mass production this week. #mkiiwatch #divewatch #watch #mkiiworkshop

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 pm

It's a good looking piece.
only accurate watches are interesting

namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Where in China was that picture taken?
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Are those holes in the case at 9 o'clock there to allow the click spring to be adjusted?

The dial seems a bit plainly printed. This isn't a knock - I'm guessing they wanted a printed dial, but on a GMT watch I would've preferred surrounds on the indices. Just my $.02

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:32 pm

It's not a question of looks or quality - both things that Yao has done pretty well at - it's the timeliness and ponzi behavior that annoy me.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:44 pm

Ryeguy wrote:Are those holes in the case at 9 o'clock there to allow the click spring to be adjusted?

The dial seems a bit plainly printed. This isn't a knock - I'm guessing they wanted a printed dial, but on a GMT watch I would've preferred surrounds on the indices. Just my $.02
it is a direct copy of the Rolex PanAm GMT

I think it is a great looking watch, just crazy how long it takes to copy someone else's design
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:29 pm

toxicavenger wrote: I think it is a great looking watch, just crazy how long it takes some companies to copy someone else's design
Fixed that for you. Here is another homage that was out in 2012.

<pic from OLD FS post on WUS>

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:39 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: I think it is a great looking watch, just crazy how long it takes some companies to copy someone else's design
Fixed that for you. Here is another homage that was out in 2012.

<pic from OLD FS post on WUS>
^^^Funny I chased that one for a while and then something else shiny caught my attention.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Americandave
Name: Dave

Post by Americandave » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:13 am

As pointed out on wus, delivery of kingstons from the time bill had the parts was two years.

So all up, that's what, four years for the key west?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:15 am

Americandave wrote:As pointed out on wus, delivery of kingstons from the time bill had the parts was two years.

damn I didn't realized it was 2 years after he had all of the parts. :scratch:

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:33 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Americandave wrote:As pointed out on wus, delivery of kingstons from the time bill had the parts was two years.

damn I didn't realized it was 2 years after he had all of the parts. :scratch:
His supplier is backed up and apparently the best in the business.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Fri May 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Poor Chromejob… His paradive bezel broke! :shock: :o :shock:

The same inferior multi-point sheet metal catch system which broke on me twice! Oh Noes! How could this have possibly happened!!11!1 :o :shock: :o

Well, Chrome… Had you actually chosen to read the threads on this subject over the years instead of reporting the posts or simply ignoring them, then maybe this wouldn't be such a surprise after all! Now good luck getting it fixed anytime soon! Yao would be smart to put you at the front of the repair queue in order to keep you loyal:
chromejob wrote: Q: anyone else's Paradive/Graywater bezel suddenly go from 120 clicks to 60 clicks?
Went to time something in the kitchen this evening, and just realized that my Graywater's bezel wasn't lining up on the five-minute markers. Turned it a bit more and ... 5 clicks from one marker to the next. It's been a 120 click bezel since I got it. Now ... 60 clicks around the dial, and not lining up.

Anyone else encountered this? If so, what was the issue?
mlb212 wrote:Sounds like a bad detent spring plate.
sierra11b wrote:Is it the same plate as the LRRP? If so, it's what gave me major problems (twice) and what Bill eventually questioned by suggesting I had been too harsh on during bracelet/strap changes even though I had never had a problem with my other watches over the years. Again, if it's the same design it's not a very good one in that once one of the four detents are broken the rest will eventually sheer-off through stress on the other points by design... He should have used a bezel spring/catch type system if that's the case. Hope you can get it fixed. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Lolo88 wrote:The bezel mechanism is really bad design and it is very loud. I had similar issue, you need to replace that spring ring.
:popcorn:
Last edited by sierra11b on Fri May 01, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 01, 2015 8:49 pm

sierra11b wrote:Poor Chromejob… His paradive bezel broke! :shock: :o :shock:

The same inferior multi-point sheet metal catch system which broke on me twice! Oh Noes! How could this have possibly happened!!11!1 :o :shock: :o

Well, Chrome… Had you actually chosen to read the threads on this subject over the years instead of reporting the posts or simply ignoring them, then maybe this wouldn't be such a surprise after all! Now good luck getting it fixed anytime soon! Yao would be smart to put you at the front of the repair queue in order to keep you loyal:
chromejob wrote: Q: anyone else's Paradive/Graywater bezel suddenly go from 120 clicks to 60 clicks?
Went to time something in the kitchen this evening, and just realized that my Graywater's bezel wasn't lining up on the five-minute markers. Turned it a bit more and ... 5 clicks from one marker to the next. It's been a 120 click bezel since I got it. Now ... 60 clicks around the dial, and not lining up.

Anyone else encountered this? If so, what was the issue?
mlb212 wrote:Sounds like a bad detent spring plate.
sierra11b wrote:Is it the same plate as the LRRP? If so, it's what gave me major problems (twice) and what Bill eventually questioned by suggesting I had been too harsh on during bracelet/strap changes even though I had never had a problem with my other watches over the years. Again, if it's the same design it's not a very good one in that once one of the four detents are broken the rest will eventually sheer-off through stress on the other points by design... He should have used a bezel spring/catch type system if that's the case. Hope you can get it fixed. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Lolo88 wrote:The bezel mechanism is really bad design and it is very loud. I had similar issue, you need to replace that spring ring.
:popcorn:
Curt had the same issue on both of his LRRP's also. I think rimjob (aka chrome-mo) has a crown that is malfunctioning on his Nassau also. But he is not saying a ton about it yet. It does sound like a keyless problem on the Nassau though.

Americandave

Post by Americandave » Fri May 01, 2015 8:55 pm

But master bill qc'd every one!

Americandave

Post by Americandave » Fri May 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Yao is basically the ultimate pimp - he's got all these fanboys going to work every day, paying him a cut for promised good treatment. All his customers are working so bill doesn't have to.

Axelay2003

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:04 pm

I wished Chrome best of luck. He might find my post sarcastic and have it deleted.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Axelay2003

Post by Axelay2003 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Damn.