Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Re: Another WUS mod gone

Post by Joeprez » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:08 am

hoppyjr wrote:A new watch forum, :doh:

With Ernie (hopefully) fading away at WUSsy, together with many of the nazi mods jumping to this new place, Watchuseek may become more bearable going forward.

Brilliant idea IMO!
I don't have anything bad to say from the Dive Watch Forum mods on WUS, but this is spot on Hop.

I wish them well.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:15 am

I wish them the best.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:45 am

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 am

"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

Broker
Name: Tru Money

Post by Broker » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am

hoppyjr wrote:.

BTW, what brought you here? Just curious.....
I'm a married man. I came here in 2009 after a stint as a moderator had finished. I got banned for a while and so I just lurked every now and then. I was let back in a few weeks ago. Now I spend most of my time on the guns/knives/flashlights forum. 2 of my favorite things are watches and guns. I can't post guns at the old place or the new place but I can here. So that's what I do.

Look, I know this new place isn't going to be the place you want to spend any time. And that's fine. It wasn't set up for any particular group. But it looks nice and is owned by people who love watches. Will DWC die because of this? No. Will WUS die because of this? No. But we had some time and money and decided to do it.

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:01 pm

Some of you definitely have too much time on your hands.

I still have no burning desire to go over there, to each his own I guess

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Is Jim Skelton part of the IWL?

Wish them the best but honestly couldn't care.. :shrug:

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Broker wrote:

I'm a married man. I came here in 2009 after a stint as a moderator had finished. I got banned for a while and so I just lurked every now and then. I was let back in a few weeks ago. Now I spend most of my time on the guns/knives/flashlights forum. 2 of my favorite things are watches and guns. I can't post guns at the old place or the new place but I can here. So that's what I do.

Look, I know this new place isn't going to be the place you want to spend any time. And that's fine. It wasn't set up for any particular group. But it looks nice and is owned by people who love watches. Will DWC die because of this? No. Will WUS die because of this? No. But we had some time and money and decided to do it.
I did! :o
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Chronos
Name: Jim

Post by Chronos » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Hmmm... not approved as a member yet.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 pm

Broker wrote:

I wish you the best. Good that watch enthusiasts are the core group but hope mods will be a little less trigger happy perhaps :-)

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Broker wrote:

I wish you the best. Good that watch enthusiasts are the core group but hope mods will be a little less trigger happy perhaps :-)
Ok now I'm confused. Isn't this new league or whatever ALL moderators?

On edit NM I don't care.

Broker
Name: Tru Money

Post by Broker » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:38 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Broker wrote:

You'll find us more tolerant I'm sure. We don't have a boss now either. I didn't delete JD's Sig Sauer even though I saw it immediately. That's just not something that bothers me. It's good to be flexible. I've never been a hardass either unless it had to do with some idiot stealing money or trying to steal money and/or watches. I can't personally say I've had a run in with anyone here. But with that said, we don't expect anyone here to post there. And we are ok with that. It's certainly not going to be the cool thing to do to be seen posting over there. That's just kind of the way it is. But we just let in whoever shows up.

I'm heading back to talk about guns. Later

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:46 pm

Broker wrote:I'm a married man.
What relevance is this?

:scratch:
only accurate watches are interesting

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 pm

marchone wrote:
What relevance is this?

He's not interested in dating you ... openly.

:gayumbrella:

Seriously, Broker, I think you've dealt with the comments here pretty well. Obviously there's some animosity towards the Wussy-horde. :cheers:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:52 pm

marchone wrote:
What relevance is this?

Down low watch forum

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 pm

jeckyll wrote:Seriously, Broker, I think you've dealt with the comments here pretty well. Obviously there's some animosity towards the Wussy-horde. :cheers:
How true, thanks for hanging out. :salute:

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:10 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
marchone wrote:
What relevance is this?

Down low watch forum
He's married to GinGinD?
only accurate watches are interesting

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Broker wrote:

Gosh, I didn't expect all that. Thanks though. I hadn't seen you around here much and was curious. I also wish you well with the new venture, but won't be visiting there. I ask but one favor; please punch GinGin for me.

;)

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Funny, just the other day I was just thinking to myself that what the online watch community really needs right now is another forum, this time run exclusively by former WUS moderators.

Who says dreams don't come true?

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:50 pm

craniotes wrote:Funny, just the other day I was just thinking to myself that what the online watch community really needs right now is another forum, this time run exclusively by former WUS moderators.

Who says dreams don't come true?

Regards,
Adam
:lol: :stir:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Two more down tonight. Jeff C and Kronos both stepped down. I don't know either of them.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:10 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Two more down tonight. Jeff C and Kronos both stepped down. I don't know either of them.
I saw that and if I am not mistaken they are both over at the new place already.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Interesting How do u guys know about all the mods leaving?

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Interesting How do u guys know about all the mods leaving?
They are all posting their goodbyes at WUS.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Interesting How do u guys know about all the mods leaving?
Like Chris, heck GinGin posting some crap about leaving wus because her mom was sick. So they are all throwing up there resignations online.

Now I am wondering who is going to be the first person to post a like to the League over at WUS???? :stir: