Any Vacation or Summer watch stories?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mattjmcd
Name: Matt

Re: Any Vacation or Summer watch stories?

Post by mattjmcd » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Last summer I did a trip to Denmark for work, and tacked on a few days afterwards in Munich. I did a number of bike tours in both places. I was happy to have my Damasko in its native habitat on that trip. I took an IWC 3568 as well. I parted with the IWC but I am having a hard time with the decision to flip the DC66 because it's been on a significant trip with me.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Still winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, damn. J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

el presidente
Name: Roar

Post by el presidente » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:13 am

Hot ass summer this summer, due to work situations etc we stayed pretty much at home:(
A few trips to Tromsø(northern Norway) midnightsun, pics taken at 1:30amImageImageImage

Misc.
ImageImageImageImageImage

And my youngest started kindergarden:)
Pikachu is a virgin!

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 am

Very cool guys.... Keep them coming!

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:00 am

T.R. wrote:Tom, that is a cool as hell topic to post. :salute:

Went to Seaside/Santa Rosa Beach a while back... tried a one watch solution... the Sinn U1 made the cut.

Picked up my 6105 this summer and after hearing from Ben that it had been fully serviced and had survived Viet Nam.... surely it could be used in the pool... I found out he was right.

Heading back to Seaside in a couple of weeks and have already decided it will be:

and this...

:headbang:
Need more TR TV. Out to you Bro. J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

panamavin
Name: panamavin

Post by panamavin » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Went to Pensacola to see the Blue Angels for my son's birthday. While there we went to the flight museum which wound up costing me a few thousand more than anticipated! Because I saw this....I had to buy one for myself! I was on watch recon still at the museum closing a deal on it! My wife wondered why my phone kept going off!
20140719_191228-1.jpg
20140715_133927_Richtone(HDR).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:18 pm

^^^
Good story! But who are you?
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:15 am

This not much of a watch vacation watch story. Went to Hawaii for a small Navy reunion well the Hale Koa the military hotel is walking distance to a lot of watch stores being in MT there's not many around and no gtg like there was in the bay area were I did get to see some of the newer watches our members had. Well checked out the new Tudor snowflake first time I saw it in person really like the one with the blue bezel ring went in looking like a bum they treated me right was wearing the original snowflake don't think the sales people there ever saw a original one. Then checked out another watch store that use to sell Omega the last time I was there they lost it due to Hawaii now got a Omega boutique I can see how they lost it the sells girl was wearing a cheap gucci watch don't know if I spelled gucci right. Then checked out that Omega boutique the sells people seemed to know there stuff and each one wear what they sell a omega watch and talked watches for a while I guess a few months ago they had the new seamaster vintage 300 on display would of been cool to have seen it. Well the hurricane chased me out of hawwaii a few days early. That's my vacation watch story. It's weird how you apparitiete going in watch stores more when theres none near you now if any of you want to stop this habit move to my state :grin:

Not a bad view from the room for a Hotel only for the military. And shot of our Navy from Pearl Harbor. I remember a bunch of us sailors trying to get a room at the Hale Koa around 1982 when we had a 600 ship Navy we had to go to a civilian hotel every room was taken we had to pay double at that civilian hotel now it's easy to get a room at the Hale Koa due to the Military cuts and a less than 300 ship Navy today.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:46 am

Hmm..well for those around here on Instagram, this is probably stale...but

10 days in Islamorada, primarily dominated by the U1 on orange ZULU, shared with the Zinex 48mm black pirate Trimix. Many hours in the water and sun, fantastic watch on a boat or in the water. Legibility really shines.

4 days in Pheonix, hiked Camelback with Angel, 757 worked great in the 110 degree heat and altitude. (Hey, it was high for me)

7 days at the beach (Indian Shores), again dominated by the U1, though shared some time with GShock 6900 and Casio Frogman.

3 nights at St.Pete beach for a wedding, 757 pulled all duties admirably.

Several Beach VBall tourney at various area beaches, U1 or G 6900.

Many many days in the home pool, G 6900 or pathfinder are primaries.

And finally the 757UTC has seen many miles in the air and on business travel this year, and continues to impress me with it's reliability, comfort, usability and flexibility. LOVE the 12 hour GMT as it's much more handy if you only travel domestic than a 24hr GMT. Truly the perfect travel watch. I use the chrono on every flight I take, so it's well used and still functions like day one and all resets go to zero.

Been a good summer and good thread :cheers:

Oh, and I'll try and add pics later :thumbsup:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator