SNPR Straps review- the art of "giving the run around"

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Re: SNPR Straps review- the art of

Post by ChuckW » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 pm

lilhoody wrote:ChuckW please change your sig. I keep thinking you're Adam.
Happy now?
Last edited by ChuckW on Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, it's not Tourettes.

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm

That new sig looks like me.

Yo Benny, man up and move on. The best thing u can do is
Never "buy" something from him again.
Pasquale

NSC

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

^^hey weren't you at one time asking "where is my strap"?????

Snpr9696
Name: Joe D

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Well, Well here we go again. I was tipped off to this thread buy another forum member stating i was taking quite a bashing over here. BBK can say his piece. Good for him. Truth be told I had made his brother a strap when I was first starting out. His brother requested a sequence of numbers on the underside of the strap which I gladly imprinted. The strap was priced somewhere around $85.00. The strap I believe was for a rolex 20mm. I advised him that I had previously offered to replace the part of the strap that had the stamping but I never received a return email from anyone telling me what side it was on. Sorry for not remembering where I stamped it.

The next time I here about an issue was during a B.S. long thread in Nov. and over a year later which BBK decided to jump in on. He goes on about how things were never made right. So after speaking with him every so often I offer to make him a new strap. I inform him of the leather I have and he finally decides on a design.
Yes my prices have gone up but my work load and quality has also increased. Yes I do have a consistent back log of work at one time was well over 100 orders. Yes I am a one man show. Yes I do value repeat and loyal customers and give them discounts.

I do not put down other strap makers. What others do does not concern me. I enjoy watching artists ply their talents and respect everyones business. I do not think I'm better then anyone in the self absorbed sense of the word but I do believe I turn out a quality product and stand by it. Again it may take some time to arrive but I work as efficiently as I can after a 10 hour long work day and spending time with my family and child. I won't apologize for that. BBK was comparing me to other makers who quite frankly most likely employe a few workers and price their products low. Again that is their business. While it is true that I haven't been in the business as long as some of the "BIG" names my strap have been compared right along with them and are considered to be of similar or better quality. Because of this I price my work accordingly for what my time and my products cost. I try my best to be innovative and have helped other strap makers as well when they have asked about techniques.
While it is also true that I have been lucky enough to gain some popularity and have had a few celebrity clients they too have had to wait for handmade items. These things take time and I do not outsource work.

If I'm priced too high then you don't need to order from me. If I'm too slow for you I always offer a refund or again don't order from me. When I have left over material from custom orders I make a stock strap to sell or try a new design out.

The bottom line break down in this whole incident is BBK ordered an $80 strap for a rolex 20mm with numbers placed on the bottom for his BROTHER.
He supposedly emailed stating he no longer wanted the numbers.
The email was either not sent or received.
Another follow up email was received stating the issue about the numbers on the underside.
I returned the email asking what side they were on so I could replace it.
I never received a response.
Almost a year later BBK jumps in and tells me he had an issue with his brothers gift which was never addressed.
I offer to make it right by offering to make a completely new strap which now is for him not is "poor" brother who lost out on his "gift"
I dont respond to his PMs or emails quickly enough for him to receive his FREE strap that is for HIM now not his BROTHER so he decides to post this.

Well my word is good for those who keep theirs and is far as Im concerned it feels as though someone is feeling entitled and taking advantage of a situation which happened a very long time ago to his Brother not even himself. So here is the new offer. Have your brother contact me since it was his strap and I will make him one.
My Work, My Site.
http://www.snprstrap.com

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: SNPR Straps review- the art of "giving the run around"

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:Well, Well here we go again. I was tipped off to this thread buy another forum member stating i was taking quite a bashing over here. BBK can say his piece. Good for him. Truth be told I had made his brother a strap when I was first starting out. His brother requested a sequence of numbers on the underside of the strap which I gladly imprinted. The strap was priced somewhere around $85.00. The strap I believe was for a rolex 20mm. I advised him that I had previously offered to replace the part of the strap that had the stamping but I never received a return email from anyone telling me what side it was on. Sorry for not remembering where I stamped it.

The next time I here about an issue was during a B.S. long thread in Nov. and over a year later which BBK decided to jump in on. He goes on about how things were never made right. So after speaking with him every so often I offer to make him a new strap. I inform him of the leather I have and he finally decides on a design.
Yes my prices have gone up but my work load and quality has also increased. Yes I do have a consistent back log of work at one time was well over 100 orders. Yes I am a one man show. Yes I do value repeat and loyal customers and give them discounts.

I do not put down other strap makers. What others do does not concern me. I enjoy watching artists ply their talents and respect everyones business. I do not think I'm better then anyone in the self absorbed sense of the word but I do believe I turn out a quality product and stand by it. Again it may take some time to arrive but I work as efficiently as I can after a 10 hour long work day and spending time with my family and child. I won't apologize for that. BBK was comparing me to other makers who quite frankly most likely employe a few workers and price their products low. Again that is their business. While it is true that I haven't been in the business as long as some of the "BIG" names my strap have been compared right along with them and are considered to be of similar or better quality. Because of this I price my work accordingly for what my time and my products cost. I try my best to be innovative and have helped other strap makers as well when they have asked about techniques.
While it is also true that I have been lucky enough to gain some popularity and have had a few celebrity clients they too have had to wait for handmade items. These things take time and I do not outsource work.

If I'm priced too high then you don't need to order from me. If I'm too slow for you I always offer a refund or again don't order from me. When I have left over material from custom orders I make a stock strap to sell or try a new design out.

The bottom line break down in this whole incident is BBK ordered an $80 strap for a rolex 20mm with numbers placed on the bottom for his BROTHER.
He supposedly emailed stating he no longer wanted the numbers.
The email was either not sent or received.
Another follow up email was received stating the issue about the numbers on the underside.
I returned the email asking what side they were on so I could replace it.
I never received a response.
Almost a year later BBK jumps in and tells me he had an issue with his brothers gift which was never addressed.
I offer to make it right by offering to make a completely new strap which now is for him not is "poor" brother who lost out on his "gift"
I dont respond to his PMs or emails quickly enough for him to receive his FREE strap that is for HIM now not his BROTHER so he decides to post this.

Well my word is good for those who keep theirs and is far as Im concerned it feels as though someone is feeling entitled and taking advantage of a situation which happened a very long time ago to his Brother not even himself. So here is the new offer. Have your brother contact me since it was his strap and I will make him one.

Goddamn Joe to quote Wu on your "bashing thread" YOU are thick!
It was bought by my brother for me.

Whatever happened with the piece of shit $80 strap as it seems you are talking down your old work happened. You offered to make me a new one. I took you up on that offer.

It took this thread to get a response, that's sad. All you had to do was PM or email me that you are backed up.

So don't make this to be a problem with my brothers order for me, the problem is what happened recently.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Dense for sure. I think you missed the point, Joe. In fact, your reply is so scattered, I actually have no idea what you took away from this thread...

:scratch:

This is not hard to make right. It hasn't been the whole time Ben has been trying to get ahold of you, and it isn't now...
:htfu:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:12 pm

And BTW it's not about the $$ like IM the one who's into reps.
Keep bringing up $80 strap like it makes it better. I'd be just as happy if you would have taken $80 off your price and I would have been happy to pay for the remainder.

And if you saw those pics I posted of the strap makers that followed through and emailed and PM'd me to make a happy customer.... NONE of those watches are replicas.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Well...Goddamn back at you BBK. You can think I'm "Thick" as you and Matt Wu like to put it but you know nothing about me. Have a nice day.
My Work, My Site.

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:21 pm

matt.wu wrote:Dense for sure. I think you missed the point, Joe. In fact, your reply is so scattered, I actually have no idea what you took away from this thread...

:scratch:

This is not hard to make right. It hasn't been the whole time Ben has been trying to get ahold of you, and it isn't now...
Not true Matt and once again you jump into something taking a side before you know the whole truth. What are you some sort of rocket scientist yourself. The man originally contacted me after a year. then every so often to discuss the issue again. then finally decides on a strap. I even offered a refund. Im done with it.
My Work, My Site.

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:24 pm

BBK357 wrote:And BTW it's not about the $$ like IM the one who's into reps.
Keep bringing up $80 strap like it makes it better. I'd be just as happy if you would have taken $80 off your price and I would have been happy to pay for the remainder.

And if you saw those pics I posted of the strap makers that followed through and emailed and PM'd me to make a happy customer.... NONE of those watches are replicas.

I know I know....your a pro right. Your heads up your own ass. It isn't about the money here either trust me. Im good.
Everyone loves to play pile on the dog here. So typical.
My Work, My Site.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:24 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:Well...Goddamn back at you BBK. You can think I'm "Thick" as you and Matt Wu like to put it but you know nothing about me. Have a nice day.
Have a good day too Joe, I've been nothing but cordial after you contacted me about this but obviously it was too much for you to handle.

If only I was master P........
DEATH FROM ABOVE

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Ben, I have a 22mm you can have for free....seriously
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:Well...Goddamn back at you BBK.
His name is Ben, not BBK. He addressed you as Joe, I'd expect the same since he was a customer of yours.

Joe, you can easily make this right and turn what you feel is a 'bashing' thread, into a 'good on SNPR straps' thread. That choice is up to you. I won't pile on but you're actions will speak volumes to this forum and group of men (and some women), ultimately impacting sales volumes from the strap whores around here.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:30 pm

demer03 wrote:Ben, I have a 22mm you can have for free....seriously
Thanks for the offer mike but ill decline.

Actually if Joe does make this right (even though he said he was done with it) then I am requesting that it gets sent to Atomic Tom. End of story.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:38 pm

2 things occur to me here.

1) I would never post a chain of emails and PMs in a public forum because i consider it douchey The "P" part of PM is private IIRC. :shrug:

2) after the run around I had buying a strap from Joe in the past I would never do it again. :nutkick:
cheers,

Keith

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:42 pm

cdnwatchguy wrote:2 things occur to me here.

1) I would never post a chain of emails and PMs in a public forum because i consider it douchey The "P" part of PM is private IIRC. :shrug:

Wanted to show I was not lying about it. I always believed in never doing it as well but when you send so many messages and not a reply. And replying to his threads and nothing but air.
That's why I did it.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

I don't have a horse in this rodeo... but Joe c'mon, you don't answer him for a couple of months for a strap you promise to make... but you have the time to come and defend yourself in this thread?!?!!? I'm sure Ben would have been happy with a quick reply saying "haven't forgotten about you, a little backed up at the moment, will contact you later".

Just send him the strap or give the money back... you did offer those two options, right? Honor your word.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:49 pm

Ok Ben...I don't think you started things out cordial simply by forming a threat insinuating that Im less then honest In my dealings and give people the run around. I was feeling and still do as though you were trying to take advantage of the situation.
I have sent emails to you in the past which have gone unanswered by you.
My Work, My Site.

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:Ok Ben...I don't think you started things out cordial simply by forming a threat insinuating that Im less then honest In my dealings and give people the run around. I was feeling and still do as though you were trying to take advantage of the situation.
Im most active on Facebook or by email.
My Work, My Site.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:52 pm

It's one thing to have someone say you suck. It's another to prove that he's right.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:Ok Ben...I don't think you started things out cordial simply by forming a threat insinuating that Im less then honest In my dealings and give people the run around. I was feeling and still do as though you were trying to take advantage of the situation.

No sir.
Never tried to take advantage. Ever. Sorry you thought that.
And no. I answered every email you sent. Go ahead and find them, snapshot, prove it.

Like I said. Man up and send one to the nicest person on the internet.

I don't have Facebook. You looked at the PM's I sent because they went into the sent file and not pending.
Last edited by BBK357 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Snpr9696

Post by Snpr9696 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Joeprez wrote:I don't have a horse in this rodeo... but Joe c'mon, you don't answer him for a couple of months for a strap you promise to make... but you have the time to come and defend yourself in this thread?!?!!? I'm sure Ben would have been happy with a quick reply saying "haven't forgotten about you, a little backed up at the moment, will contact you later".

Just send him the strap or give the money back... you did offer those two options, right? Honor your word.
Your completely right I don't have the time. I should be in there shop finishing orders.
My Work, My Site.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Snpr9696 wrote:
Joeprez wrote:I don't have a horse in this rodeo... but Joe c'mon, you don't answer him for a couple of months for a strap you promise to make... but you have the time to come and defend yourself in this thread?!?!!? I'm sure Ben would have been happy with a quick reply saying "haven't forgotten about you, a little backed up at the moment, will contact you later".

Your completely right I don't have the time. I should be in there shop finishing orders.
Look how much time you could have saved by actually going through with your word.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:01 pm

I hope AtomicTom gets a new strap

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter