RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 14613
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by dukerules » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:10 am

Tremendous pics. The new Bremonts all look great.

User avatar
alund
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 am
Name: Alan

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by alund » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:58 am

Wow, really outstanding watches, and nice photo's!!!!!

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22967
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by jimyritz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:22 am

Great work Jae... I thought Adam's
BP stole the show... I really dig that
MBIII..

User avatar
greenlightning
The Dude
Posts: 3438
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Name: Kris
Location: Texas

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by greenlightning » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 am

Great shots

User avatar
moishlashen
Posts: 16208
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:28 am
Name: Leu Sanis
Location: Somewheres paddlin' it.

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by moishlashen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:09 am

Solid as usual. 1st pic has epic context.
Image

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by ericf4 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 am

after these pics, i made in my pants a little.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
unixshrk
This. Truth.
Posts: 10157
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:29 am
Name: Chris
Location: North Texas / Colorado

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by unixshrk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:32 am

You always provide us with some killer photos :thumbsup:

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16999
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 am

damn fantastic - I see a few of these on the iphone with IG but get a better appreciation when I see them on my desktop monitor

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4419
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:52 am

rockmastermike wrote:damn fantastic - I see a few of these on the iphone with IG but get a better appreciation when I see them on my desktop monitor

great pics Jae....

rockmastermike will not be very productive at work today --- he'll be staring at these pics all day and thinking of a way to convince Pam to allow another :whistle:
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
GGD
Posts: 3977
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 pm
Location: AUSTRALIA

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by GGD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 am

Awesome pics Jae!!!!

User avatar
craniotes
Thread Pooper
Posts: 9578
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 am
Name: Ad Rock
Location: Manhattan

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by craniotes » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 am

4pfrench wrote:Are those Universal Compax reissues? They look brand new!
Nope, those are originals, all owned by the same guy.
River Rat wrote:Tell me about those Universal chronographs I like the vintage looks they have.
There's not much to tell, other than they're original, date from the late 60s and house the vaunted Valjoux 72 chronograph (think Daytona).

ericf4 wrote:What event was this?
You've probably figured it out by now, but this is Red Bar. We do this every week.
mattcantwin wrote:Looks like a special Red Bar GTG...


but, then again, they are all special! :cheers:
Just another Wednesday night... ;)

And yes, Jae's pics really show off the hardware to their full potential. Given the lighting and the fact that we're usually armed with little more than a cellphone and a flashlight, it's hard to get a sense of what you're seeing beyond the "hey, cool watch" crap. It's a pity that Jae didn't have time to photograph the other watches, but he's entitled to have a drink and do his share of pawing, too.

Regards,
Adam

PS - If it were possible, I think I love the Bathyscaphe even more after seeing Jae's pics. I can't wait to get a ceramic Flyback Chrono in front of his lens... ;)
CAPT. THREAD POOPER
Image

User avatar
FlyPenFly
Posts: 4789
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am
Name: Off, Jerk
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by FlyPenFly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 am

Thanks guys

Image

User avatar
craniotes
Thread Pooper
Posts: 9578
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 am
Name: Ad Rock
Location: Manhattan

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by craniotes » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:23 am

Image

Yup. Definitely could've used Jae's skills on this shot. Still... It was a good night.

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER
Image

mattjmcd
Posts: 1590
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:30 pm
Name: Matt

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by mattjmcd » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:46 am

Outstanding pics as always.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am

With all of those phenomenal pics Jae, and Adam, it feels like I was there at the event. :excited:

Incredible !!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to take all of these. Looks like such a nice time.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 28128
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 am

Wow!! :excited: amazing pics, J!! :clap:
I gotta tell you though. Starting with Adam's Ti Bathy I didn't really see anything else at first pass :) I need that Bathy!!
But man the Bremont Boeing chronos are just amazing. Check out the spiraling striations on the crown/pushers!! The mvt decorations and overall details!! Just wow!! It's without a doubt my next "big" purchase and Bremont even I have to sacrifice one or two in the process. Now Chrono or 3-hander!? :) I'd love to see some quality side by side shots of the two!
Then those magnificent Universal Geneve chronos... Just wow again!! Wonder how much these go for in such amazing condition?!
Nice GTG fellas!!
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 15580
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 am

Jeep99dad wrote:Wow!! :excited: amazing pics, J!! :clap:
I gotta tell you though. Starting with Adam's Ti Bathy I didn't really see anything else at first pass :) I need that Bathy!!
But man the Bremont Boeing chronos are just amazing. Check out the spiraling striations on the crown/pushers!! The mvt decorations and overall details!! Just wow!! It's without a doubt my next "big" purchase and Bremont even I have to sacrifice one or two in the process. Now Chrono or 3-hander!? :) I'd love to see some quality side by side shots of the two!
Then those magnificent Universal Geneve chronos... Just wow again!! Wonder how much these go for in such amazing condition?!
Nice GTG fellas!!
Brice, did you give your login info to Tom? :lol: jk
Yep that's a million dollar question now, 3-hand vs Chrono

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15985
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by mattcantwin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 am

Looking back through the pictures, I made the right decision to not attend...


not ready to fall in love with another watch right now.
Image

User avatar
marchone
Capt. Obvious
Posts: 14809
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:30 am
Name: Wayne
Location: NYC

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by marchone » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:46 am

mattcantwin wrote:Looking back through the pictures, I made the right decision to not attend...

not ready to fall in love with another watch right now.
Adam's are consistently among the best WIS GTGs I've ever been to. They're also challenging to the under capitalized. :shrug:
only accurate watches are interesting

User avatar
T.R.
TRTV!
Posts: 11049
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm
Name: Tommy Tutone
Location: Sunny Central Texas
Contact:

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by T.R. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 am

Man, Jae.... as has been said.... simply stunning.

The Bathyscape looks so sweet in your pics. Very tight.

And the UGs.... off the chain.

Bremont is a stunning brand and your photos really bear it out.

Thanks.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Image
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

User avatar
T.R.
TRTV!
Posts: 11049
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm
Name: Tommy Tutone
Location: Sunny Central Texas
Contact:

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by T.R. » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:52 am

craniotes wrote:Image

Yup. Definitely could've used Jae's skills on this shot. Still... It was a good night.

Regards,
Adam
:shock: :shock: :shock: :salute:
Image
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by andrema » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:45 am

Great shots!

BTW - Is that Zach Galifianakis in the first shot on the RHS?
Image

User avatar
Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Posts: 3708
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Kennesaw, GA

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by Zidane » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Great shots, Jae. Gotta get back up to NYC for a Wednesday night soon.

User avatar
afc14284
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm
Name: Ricardo

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by afc14284 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Gorgeous Pics :clap:
“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 10545
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: RedBar - JOLO Returns - Bremont Special

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:28 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:Wow!! :excited: amazing pics, J!! :clap:
I gotta tell you though. Starting with Adam's Ti Bathy I didn't really see anything else at first pass :) I need that Bathy!!
But man the Bremont Boeing chronos are just amazing. Check out the spiraling striations on the crown/pushers!! The mvt decorations and overall details!! Just wow!! It's without a doubt my next "big" purchase and Bremont even I have to sacrifice one or two in the process. Now Chrono or 3-hander!? :) I'd love to see some quality side by side shots of the two!
Then those magnificent Universal Geneve chronos... Just wow again!! Wonder how much these go for in such amazing condition?!
Nice GTG fellas!!
Brice, did you give your login info to Tom? :lol: jk
Yep that's a million dollar question now, 3-hand vs Chrono
:grin:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DEMO, Geoffrey, Google [Bot], kfalk, matt.wu, mellonb1, R_Ongjoco, substitute and 39 guests