New THC

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
outtatime
Name: Jon

New THC

Post by outtatime » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 pm

The whole transaction to get this guy was an exercise in frustration-the seller lived about an hour and a half away from me but wouldn't meet (even though I would have driven the whole way to him). Then he gave me the wrong wiring instructions. Then when it finally got shipped out, we got hit with a storm so it was a day late. Then I almost missed the delivery because of stupid FedEx.

But...a week after agreeing to buy it, here we are. Me likey. A little smaller than I'm used to (TWSS), but it's pretty sweet. I just wish he hadn't worn the fabric strap, i really don't want any of his cooties on me and I intended to use the strap quite a bit.

Last edited by outtatime on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

Minordamage
Name: Josh

Re: Two things I love

Post by Minordamage » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:03 pm

I'm with ya. As for FedEx - My MM300 originally came when I wasn't home, but it was direct signature required. They left one of those slips and the delivery guy scrawled in the signature box hoping it would be there the next day so he could leave it. I took it inside so he couldn't get it and he still dropped it the next day with no one home when it was 16 degrees out. I checked the delivery confirmation and it said it was signed for...by ME. Called his boss and let them have it. Ridiculous.

Josh
Josh

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Re: Two things I love

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 am

Spring's on it's way Jon. Before you know it you'll be enjoying your Heritage, and
maybe even Doxa in the warm sun. :) 8-)

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Re: New THC

Post by T.R. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:54 am

Killer watch, no doubt.

However, at first look at the thread title I thought you brought in a new strain of hydro. :bananastoner:
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:19 am

Congrats on that one---I completely understand the "cooties"...part...

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:22 am

outtatime wrote: Then he gave me the wrong wiring instructions.
I have a big fear of this. What happens when you mistakenly wire money to an account one digit off of what you intended? I always pay the $20 to get a banker to do it, so they assume responsibility for any errors.

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 am

T.R. wrote:Killer watch, no doubt.

However, at first look at the thread title I thought you brought in a new strain of hydro. :bananastoner:

cheers,

Keith

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:49 am

Beautiful ! Wow, really is something Jon. :excited: The white with the blue, and orange makes
for such a great combo, and I swear the way the sub-dials are done the watch seems
like it's staring at you. So cool !

Definitely seems like it was all worth the wait in the end. Think it is perfect on this
bracelet here also by the way.

Enjoy this one Jon !

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Post by Mr_Pacman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 am

I applaud your persistence on getting the deal done. Have to be honest, if a seller refused to meet me for a face to face, cash deal....I would have assumed he had something to hide about the watch and probably would have moved on.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:51 am

Mr_Pacman wrote:I applaud your persistence on getting the deal done. Have to be honest, if a seller refused to meet me for a face to face, cash deal....I would have assumed he had something to hide about the watch and probably would have moved on.
Depending on where you live, doing a face to face deal with someone you don't know is a recipe for getting robbed at best.

greenlightning
The Dude
Name: Kris

Post by greenlightning » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

T.R. wrote:Killer watch, no doubt.

Me too. I was about to head to the sales forum to see if there was follow-up.

Love the watch. Glad you got it safe and sound. I would've been nervous with a seller not willing to meet.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am

stunning! major congratulations.

lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Post by lilhoody » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:50 am

According to the CDC cooties is primarily seen in populations from age 5-9. It's rate of transmission decreases exponentially, between ages 10-14. Additionally, there have only been seventeen known cases of cooties confirmed in adults over 21 years of age, since 1954, when the CDC came into existence.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:54 am

Congrats on super fine piece. A Fun watch for the summer!

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Mr_Pacman wrote:I applaud your persistence on getting the deal done. Have to be honest, if a seller refused to meet me for a face to face, cash deal....I would have assumed he had something to hide about the watch and probably would have moved on.
He said it was because of his schedule. Meh...whatever, it should have been a lot easier than it was. Plus I was in a really bad mood about some other stuff that day anyway, so I probably blew some of it out of proportion.

I really wish a new fabric strap from Tudex wasn't $200. Maybe I can steam clean it to get the "other man" smell out of it.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Post by T.R. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:16 pm

outtatime wrote:
He said it was because of his schedule. Meh...whatever, it should have been a lot easier than it was. Plus I was in a really bad mood about some other stuff that day anyway, so I probably blew some of it out of proportion.

I really wish a new fabric strap from Tudex wasn't $200. Maybe I can steam clean it to get the "other man" smell out of it.
$11.00

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/accessorie ... ylon-strap

$14.00

They offer all varieties of nato and zulu styles in a pile of colors suitable for your new watch. :thumbsup:
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

Noisy Nova
Name: Dave

Post by Noisy Nova » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:22 pm

The more I see of this watch, the more I like it.

I just wonder how it would like sharing the watch box with the Omega chronographs.

Would there be a conflict do ya think?
Dave
Image Image

oldbronco
Name: H. Wong

Post by oldbronco » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:42 pm

try it on an after market PAM strap. I love mine like this. this is the best watch
currently made by Tudor, IMHO.

kunisman
Name: Bruce Wayne

Post by kunisman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Niceeee....

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 pm

This. I would've walked away..especially if a wire was demanded. Glad it turned out ok.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
outtatime wrote: Then he gave me the wrong wiring instructions.
I have a big fear of this. What happens when you mistakenly wire money to an account one digit off of what you intended? I always pay the $20 to get a banker to do it, so they assume responsibility for any errors.
========

It depends, more than likely the Bank would return the wire but it could take some time..
the sending Bank can also put in a claim...This happens all the time....I only wire if I know the seller --know him/her well...

ed335d
Name: Ed

Post by ed335d » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:28 am

Fabulous. That is a stunning looking watch!
:uj:

jimmypark54
Name: Jimmy

Post by jimmypark54 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:17 am

looks good!

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:29 am

Looks great! That's been on my target list since it was introduced. Just soak the NATO strap in soapy water for 30 seconds or so, rinse it thoroughly with warm water, and let it hang dry and you'll be good to go.

I do really like the look on that tan canvas strap too for some reason...

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

falcon4311

Post by falcon4311 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:36 am

It must have been frustrating but worth the aggravation in the end I'm sure. Nice grab.