Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster test drive?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster test drive?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 3:20 am

Well i was wondering if someone owns a MM and would let me take it for a test drive for a few days? I am coming home at the end of this week and I wanted to check out a MM before I start selling some watches off to buy one. Also I will loan someone one of my watches as a temporary swap. Heck I will loan out my Marcello C chrono too. I just don't want to drop alot of cash on a MM and not really like it. So if anyone is down with this deal let me know and I mail out my watch as soon as I touch ground in the US. Here is a few pics of some of my watches.

If someone does want to do the temporary swap I can also send along one of my timefactors retro bands for them to try too.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Re: Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster test drive?

Post by ezcheese » Tue May 04, 2010 5:18 am

Just do it! If you buy one and don't end up liking it, you can easily flip it.

:bananastoner:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Tue May 04, 2010 5:24 am

Just sack up and buy it TA. :salute:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 10:04 am

I need a home to come too if I buy it and don't like it. My wife might throw my crap to the curb since I already agreed to slow down on watch purchases. :scratch: So who knows if I find a good deal on a used one I might take the plunge. :raised:

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Tue May 04, 2010 10:16 am

I think you will like it. It is smaller than all of your Marcellos though but it is thick though which you like.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 am

moishlashen wrote:I think you will like it. It is smaller than all of your Marcellos though but it is thick though which you like.
Hey I thought the "thick" part was between us too only? :gayumbrella:

Well most of my Marcello's are 43.6mm and 14mm high. But my Chrono is a beast at 44.2mm, 17mm height and weighs in at 240gr.

So I will have to see if I really want to sell my Chrono or not since it is such a sweet watch I really don't want to part with it. I will be pissed if I do sell it and the MM doesn't fill the void! :tap: Because the Chrono's don't come up for sale often.

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Tue May 04, 2010 10:27 am

Do google searches with images. You will see tons of pics of the MM300 next to other watches you know. Its not a small watch but I was a little suprised when I got it. Its actually a perfect size IMO-definate candidate for me as the 1 watch.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 10:35 am

Yeah I spent some time last night looking at comparison pics on WUS, I think some of the post were form Derek. Oh and I watched his video of it which was cool too. Just it will have to wait after I get back from vacation either way, just wish there was a AD that I could walk into and try one out. But I know they don't have AD's for them in the US.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 10:36 am

Oh and thanks for being a true enabler! :cheers:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Tue May 04, 2010 10:39 am

moishlashen wrote:Its actually a perfect size IMO-definate candidate for me as the 1 watch.
Here here! :cheers:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Mate I don't think I can ship mine from Aussie to you for a trial but I am wearing it today and it is soooo close to everything I need in a watch its not funny.

Here are a few comparison pics with

You can do it!!

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Tue May 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Gee thanks Jamie. Now not only do I want the MM300 even more but now the Certina is right there as well :shrug: :raised:

KWIATEK
Crabmeister AKA Domslayer
Name: Darin is an Asshole

Post by KWIATEK » Tue May 04, 2010 8:50 pm

toxicavenger wrote:I already agreed to slow down on watch purchases.
As I recall, you were done for the year

:whistle:
Pinocchio!

As if any of us really believed that! :lol:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Tue May 04, 2010 10:42 pm

moishlashen wrote:Gee thanks Jamie. Now not only do I want the MM300 even more but now the Certina is right there as well :shrug: :raised:

They are both very solid pieces, but the MM wins hands down for dial, hands set and movement. The bracelet and case of the DS3 though is something else. Get both!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 04, 2010 11:42 pm

KWIATEK wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:I already agreed to slow down on watch purchases.
As I recall, you were done for the year

:whistle:
Pinocchio!

As if any of us really believed that! :lol:
You just had to bring this up, didn't you! :scream: :raised:

Yes you are right, I will probably unload a watch to purchase the MM. So my Marcello C Chrono might be hitting to chopping block. And the ony reason why i would get rid of it is because of the size of it.

Jamie, thanks for the great pics and for being a true enabler. The only thing that looks wierd to me on the MM is the way the lugs and barcelet match up. But other than that it is a winner for sure.

Here is another question. How does everyone think it compares to the Tsunami in weight and size? Because that will give me a better idea. And if the MM works out then I might downsize some more of my collection (which isn't to large anyway right now).

Thanks for ever ones feedback. :banplz:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed May 05, 2010 2:11 am

Mate as I said above the connection of the DS3 bracelet to the case is IMHO much nicer than the MM. on the MM the end link config is somthing a lot of people speak about the center link is at the same plane as the case edge but in all it is not a smooth transition from bracelet to case.

There is a side by side pic of the MM and Tsunami about in my post I have a few others on my PC I can upload if you like. The MM is much more substantial on the wrist and the finishing is in a different leauge (no offence to Noah the big T is a great watch).

I can understNd why you want to see one first as the MM is one of those watches that I see flipped quickly sometimes. The bracket connection and the fact that it looks like a seiko. But it hit all the right notes for me, to me it's not just a Seiko, it is the Seiko.

Please be advised of a possible fan boiu bias in regards to the above mentioned watch.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 05, 2010 2:38 am

Jamie, please post those pics up. So the MM is actually bigger I guess height wise than the Tsunami? Thanks for the info because it is a tough decision when alot of watches have do fanboys out there. So some opinions are all good about that particular name brand no matter what(Jason's recliner). And we all know (Yes you too Matt :neener: ) that not all watches are perfect. :cheers:

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed May 05, 2010 3:07 am

I will post them up tomorrow when I get into work. I would hope that I do not classify as a
brand fan boy I don't sing the praises of all their watches far from it. Although I wouldn't kick a spring drive 600M out of bed for losing a second.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed May 05, 2010 1:24 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Jamie, please post those pics up. So the MM is actually bigger I guess height wise than the Tsunami? Thanks for the info because it is a tough decision when alot of watches have do fanboys out there. So some opinions are all good about that particular name brand no matter what(Jason's recliner). And we all know (Yes you too Matt :neener: ) that not all watches are perfect. :cheers:
I didn't say anything.... :whistle:

but hey, I like Kobold. And you know what they say about glass houses and stones and all that.
Last edited by matt.wu on Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:htfu:

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Wed May 05, 2010 1:26 pm

:popcorn:
Pasquale

NSC

moishlashen

Post by moishlashen » Wed May 05, 2010 1:48 pm

Do you have the Tsunami yet Terry? As far as MM300 and Tsu-lug to lug is longer on MM300. MM300 may be thicker but not by much as the Tsunami is ~16mm-much thicker than the 6309 due to the rather large round caseback. I think the Tsu is bigger diameter wise by a tnuc hair. They are both substantial watches. Lume is tops on the MM300 and just above average on the Tsu. Better movement in the MM300 but the 6r15 in the Tsu is solid. Seiko endlink fitment blows chimp as Jamie allready said. Better on the Tsu but the endlinks aren't tight on the case-they move about 1mm-coupla tnuc hairs. Tsunami bracelet is very nice IMO but doesn't have the ratcheting clasp like on the MM300 which is awesome. 22mm lug vs 20mm on the MM300. Sapphire vs Hardlex on the MM300. Silver date wheel is freakin cool on the MM300. MM300 has the wow factor more so than the Tsu.

Jamie

Post by Jamie » Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 pm

You can see in this photo that due to the cushion case on the T it wears smaller IMO.

here is a side shot that shows the case profile and the bracelet attachment for both.
Here is a double wrist shot.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 05, 2010 10:36 pm

matt.wu wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:Jamie, please post those pics up. So the MM is actually bigger I guess height wise than the Tsunami? Thanks for the info because it is a tough decision when alot of watches have do fanboys out there. So some opinions are all good about that particular name brand no matter what(Jason's recliner). And we all know (Yes you too Matt :neener: ) that not all watches are perfect. :cheers:
I didn't say anything.... :whistle:

but hey, I like Kobold. And you know what they say about glass houses and stones and all that.
Matt, I am just pulling your chain since I know there is alot of people who think the same thing about Marcello C. And like you Marcello C has treated me good. :cheers:

Chris, the Tsunami is waiting at home for me so I will see it this weekend. And thanks for the info and comparison. I think on the SCWF i saw that the MM is actually 15.2 because of the case design. I don't know if this is true but that is what I saw. Hopefully my 6309 will be back from the shop soon so I can compare them all.

Jamie, where do I begin. Thanks for taking the time to take the pics for me and the great feedback on the 2 watches. You might my decision harder so now I need to figure out what watches I am going to have to sell! :raised:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. :thumbsup: