$1,239

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Ryan

$1,239

Post by Ryan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Will get you this... It's supposed to be the "top of the line" in fakes. Biggest give away to me was the movement, but I was still shocked that these "fakers" are selling them for $1,200 freaking dollars! I signed up on a rep forum ( can't browse otherwise) to see what they are getting away with these days. They will even buy fakes, then other companies are"modding" them for them to look more real, Better date wheels, OEM crown guards etc etc. The big 5 were IWC, Rolex,Omega, Breliting and Panerai. This forum has 20,000 members. :angryfire: Also no surprise that DSN that makes a lot of "homage" watches. Is a HUGE replica maker.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: $1,239

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Pretty nice fakes, though, you have to admit..

1200 bucks? :raised:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

HalifaxNS
Wacky Canadian
Name: Jerel

Post by HalifaxNS » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:47 pm

I think there comes a point where you should just build a watch with your own name.
Tudor Submariner, snowflake.
Omega Speedmaster, 3570.
Bathys Aquaculture, rose.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:54 pm

Saw this at another forum and this is what they should do to all fake's
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... in-philly/

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:59 pm

:raised:

add another 1200 and buy a used one(real)
Pasquale

NSC

sinner
Closet Baller
Name: Sum Ting Wong

Post by sinner » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Scary. The crown guard looks dead on...

naihet
Name: Ian

Post by naihet » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm

scary to think how easily one can be duped if they didn't know much about it. It might pay to join the rep forum if only to gain knowledge of fakes and their progress.
But $1200 for a franken rep? :raised:
Regards,
Ian

porschefan

Post by porschefan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:35 pm

River Rat wrote:Saw this at another forum and this is what they should do to all fake's
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010 ... in-philly/
Yep, I don't disagree with that.
Tim
A firm believer in - and enjoying a personal relationship with my wife
Life's too long for crappy food, beer, wine & watches.
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."--W.C. Fields

nhoJ
Name: John

Post by nhoJ » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 pm

I think there was a thread on WUS where a guy actually bought a Breitling premium replica on a resale from a breitling AD....certain assumptions that the story is legit.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=387249

porschefan

Post by porschefan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

nhoJ wrote:I think there was a thread on WUS where a guy actually bought a Breitling premium replica on a resale from a breitling AD....certain assumptions that the story is legit.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=387249
Prove that to Breitling, and they'll drop that AD like a load of you-know-what. There's an AD in our area that was just dumped for "too much discounting." :shrug:
Tim

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:18 am

Although most of these guys seem to be into "modding" the watches and it's a hobby to them. I did find this post SUPER funny.

This guy is a poster boy for Ed Hardy.

So, I'm at the local mall around here wearing my Rolex Submariner, the Noob Edition paid something around a 100 dollars for it.
So, I'm browsing and this guy with a really shitty attitude comes up to me, asks me if he can help me. I tell him yes, he said may I ask what your wearing right now? So I show him my Rolex, then he says maybe you can bring your mom or dad and they can buy you a real one. I'm in my 20's...wearing Ed Hardy, Armani shirt, true religons, so obviously, I didn't look poor you know? Heres the dialogue. ( remember I have a temper )

Me: What makes you think you think my shits fake?
Him: I'm just doing my job.
Me: Your job, is to shit behind that counter and make the minimum wage that you do, and ask me, the customer, what the **** I want.
Him: Right sir I'm just doing my job, I know that watch is fake.
Me: Right, can I ask what you do for a living besides sit here? Better yet, what kind of car do you drive.
Him: I don't see were your going with this, I drive a Honda Element.
Me: I drive a porsche worth more than your ******* house is, learn to treat your customers with respect. Me and my boys put people like you behind bars just for the ******* fun of it.
Him: Is that a racial comment?

Then I proceeded to walk out...laughing my ass watching his manager yell at his ass.

My question is, how did he tell? He didn't even touch the Rolex or even look at it closely. Obviously it says rolex on it, so everyone thinks it fake, but...not like that. I had all that stuff on with porsche keys hanging you know? So I'm thinking he spotted something.......It was REALLY embarrasing...

So now i need to know, how much do I needa drop for the Perfect Rolex Sub, were a jewler can get tricked with it. Someone link it also

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:24 am

The poor SOB doesn't find out his watch is a fake until he
sends it to Panerai for a repair and Panerai tells him it's a fake...

Not only is it a fake but the guy is out the watch and $1239 because
Panerai won't give it back.

Mike

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 am

Ryan wrote:Although most of these guys seem to be into "modding" the watches and it's a hobby to them. I did find this post SUPER funny.

So, I'm at the local mall around here wearing my Rolex Submariner, the Noob Edition paid something around a 100 dollars for it.
So, I'm browsing and this guy with a really shitty attitude comes up to me, asks me if he can help me. I tell him yes, he said may I ask what your wearing right now? So I show him my Rolex, then he says maybe you can bring your mom or dad and they can buy you a real one. I'm in my 20's...wearing Ed Hardy, Armani shirt, true religons, so obviously, I didn't look poor you know? Heres the dialogue. ( remember I have a temper )

Me: Your job, is to shit behind that counter and make the minimum wage that you do, and ask me, the customer, what the **** I want.
Me: Right, can I ask what you do for a living besides sit here? Better yet, what kind of car do you drive.
Me: I drive a porsche worth more than your ******* house is, learn to treat your customers with respect. Me and my boys put people like you behind bars just for the ******* fun of it.

Then I proceeded to walk out...laughing my ass watching his manager yell at his ass.

My question is, how did he tell? He didn't even touch the Rolex or even look at it closely. Obviously it says rolex on it, so everyone thinks it fake, but...not like that. I had all that stuff on with porsche keys hanging you know? So I'm thinking he spotted something.......It was REALLY embarrasing...

So now i need to know, how much do I needa drop for the Perfect Rolex Sub, were a jewler can get tricked with it. Someone link it also
Oh My, now that is a loser!
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

Broker
Name: Tru Money

Post by Broker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:07 am

Ryan wrote:Although most of these guys seem to be into "modding" the watches and it's a hobby to them. I did find this post SUPER funny.

WOW. JUST WOW.

And the Breitling guy at WUS was a very knowledgeable member. The Breitling fakes are getting ridiculously good. He was pissed.

porschefan

Post by porschefan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 am

That kid needs a :smack:
Tim

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:43 am

WOW. Guys like these really piss me off. WTF.
:htfu:

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:45 am

On the other hand, I just bought one too - didn't cost me $1200 though - more like $80. It's a terrible replica overall, but decent quality for an $80 watch, I guess. Supposedly the case will take an ETA movement (2836, I assume) as well - but I bought the cheapy with the Chinese movement. Some may not agree, but I personally have no problem spending my money on a fake, knowing it's a fake, but with the intention of eventually purchasing the real thing.

The text below taken from my post in the WRUW thread:

And before anyone asks - it's nowhere near the quality of real Rolex (got to handle the real GMTIIc at an AD a couple weeks ago). Case is sharp and unfinished, movement total crap and was quite annoying to set, cyclops is misaligned, bezel ratchets like it's plastic, numerals on bezel are painted, not engraved and filled w/ platinum, crown guards are rounded, clasp is only marginally functional, easylink is fake and non-functional, one of the bracelet links arrived already stripped, etc, etc....

.... but it did only cost me $80.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:39 am

Matt, at least your fake isn't covered in trademarked Rolex symbols. I still keep thinking about the one Roar (I think) had and sent to David - the now infamous batting cage demo! :lol: That was a pretty damn good fake - but a fake nonetheless. The little douchebag with the Faux-lex that cussed the store employee out oughta have his f'n teeth punched out.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:07 am

That d-bag needed to have his ass beat like the biotch he is! :twisted:

Where I am at right now in Iraq they sell a shit load of good looking fakes for 25-80 dollars but they aren't what I am looking for. :raised:

mrsnak

Post by mrsnak » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 am

BSears wrote:Matt, at least your fake isn't covered in trademarked Rolex symbols.
WRUW today? dailywristshot.com

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:40 pm

mrsnak wrote:
BSears wrote:Matt, at least your fake isn't covered in trademarked Rolex symbols.
:roll:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

mrsnak wrote:

:shock:

:monkeypiss: :koolaid:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu May 06, 2010 8:41 pm

this rep forum is freaking me out. Real dials, hands, sometimes cases being slapped together. I'm not sure I'll even be able to tell them apart before long. They copy the style of the Rolex movements, every one knows they make an A7750 and an a6497.

They even make reps of homages ( RXW) Sinn reps are getting popular. A lot of these guys claim to be on WUS. I read one of the members went to a Panerai meet showing off his rep 000 as if it was real. I just pray I don't get ripped off... IWC is getting big with the rep companies.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

As much as I flip watches, I am actually more scared of receiving a fake (even by accident) more than someone taking my money and disappearing. There are a bunch of us that flip watches weekly and one of them could easily pass something off without even noticing it. Luckily, I haven't passed that $5k and above line of watches -- which is where I think most of the fakes are centered around.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Thu May 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Anyone ever seen a fake Invicta? :raised: