Breaking News: WUS Addresses DOXA Forum deletions..

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Breaking News: WUS Addresses DOXA Forum deletions..

Post by SCM64 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:28 pm

For those who follow the heavy handed polices of the official Doxa forum.....WUS has posted a sticky. It must be very serious because there is lots of red text and some exclamation points. There are quote marks too! :ugeek:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=386243

I'm surprised there was not up one before. It's not like the two threads deleted earlier today (see here if you haven't already viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2842 ) were much out of the ordinary. :rolleyes:

They are certainly free to run that however they want. But I just continue to be surprised that they think they lose less potential clients by oppressing open discussion on "issues", than they do by running the forum in such a controlling manner. They get more of a bad rap for their known anal fixation with any negative discussion, than they would if issues were allowed to be discussed.

My problem with this is more with Doxa than WUS. Perhaps the powers that be at WUS have tried talking with Doxa about a better approach and have been rebuffed. Perhaps. Regardless of how and why, it is what we all know it to be. A place where you are not to look at the man behind the curtain.

I'm glad that we don't have that problem here. We have too much respect for our members both old and new. Everyone here brings a fresh perspective to things and to not take advantage of that would be a shame.

Update: I shot Jason @ WUS a note asking if they have ever tried to counsel Doxa on a better approach. I'll let you know what i hear back and I also invited him to respond to this thread directly. My purpose hear is more to shine the light on Doxa, than give WUS a hard time. I don't know the arrangements and it really is not my business. But if I am going to comment on it, I want to invite anyone else to do so also. Doxa, WUS, my Mom, the White House, Pat, etc,.

** "Any complaints about this post will result in severe moderation!!". :smack:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

KWIATEK
Crabmeister AKA Domslayer
Name: Darin is an Asshole

Re: Breaking News: WUS Addresses DOXA Forum deletions..

Post by KWIATEK » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

I went to Steve about this thread and I recieved a reply of "GFY" :bird: I personally think this is pure :bs: Guys, have any of you ever had a simliar situation when dealing with Steve? :raised:

You mean this red?
"VERY IMPORTANT POINT HERE!

Please do not post any inquiries about billing, repair, service or delivery issues at this forum."

"In case you are not satisfied with a product or a staff member’s reply to an email etc.. Please direct your feedback, complaints or questions directly to DOXA"

Please, only say wonderful and happy things about this company and its service when all you really wanna say is that it sucks :scream:

porschefan

Post by porschefan » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:50 pm

"handing out infractions..."

Mother Fockers will have people serving after school detention before you know it. :bs:
Sorry DOXA, you just slip waaaaaaaay down my want list. :smack: (if they even give a shit)
Tim
A firm believer in - and enjoying a personal relationship with my wife
Life's too long for crappy food, beer, wine & watches.
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food."--W.C. Fields

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Disappointing really... :raised:
Kind of like participating in a forum ripped straight from the pages of a George Orwell or Aldous Huxley novel. :banghead:
Still, wouldn't stop me from buying one of their watches if I wanted a slice of that heritage - gently used of course. :whistle:

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Not sure who Steve is? Is he one of the guys you can all at Doxa?

Look, my only service need from Doxa was handled in an AMAZING manner. The service totally blew me away. So I have no bone to pick here other than what I have stated. I posted that great experience on the Doxa forum, and of course, that was just fine. :rolleyes:

Here's the post. http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159076
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

f4nt0m4s

Post by f4nt0m4s » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 am

I don't think it's cool how WUS will sell out to let big brands run their own heavily censored forums. But I guess paying the bills is a dirty job.

Censorship is by far the worst thing any company could do and it doesn't work. So it's like a double whammy of hurt. Why do they do it? :shrug:
I Am Jack's Colon

Diaboliq
Strap Maker Extraordinaire
Name: Joe

Post by Diaboliq » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 am

Can't believe this.. Ever since I read my first Dirk Pitt, DOXA was one of the "must have" watches.Now I'm not so sure. I love the fact Jared mentioned Orwell/Huxley like approach on WUS; couldn't agree more.. :shrug:

It's a shame what that forum turned into really...
Click:

Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Post by Rambam » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 am

The Doxa forum on wus certainly has put some thorns on owning a DOXA for me. I dont like people who just delete stuff they dont wanna hear :tap:
Damn them for making such cool watches with all that history, and damn me for being so weak for buying them :cussing:
Honey Badger FTW!!!

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:53 am

Love DOXA...don't even go to the forums anymore...

Really sucked the fun out of being part of a group influencing product development. It became too adversarial with a couple of mods...

I actually sent a PM to a certain mod explaining my concerns, yet I stated emphatically that I understand what he is trying to do and wished to offer an "olive-branch".....I did not even get a courteousy response.

Piss on 'em. Still love my DOXA's, just can't be bothered with the forums. Their loss.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

outatime

Post by outatime » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 am

I'm glad I ran into this post. I've just had it with DOXA! :cussing: :angryfire: :angryfire:
I spent most of my time on that WUS forum. I was involved in the posts that got deleted and they made a big deal out of nothing.
The thread about the extra hole in the bracelet would have simply played itself out because all that needed to be said was covered.
When they deleted the posts they instigated the "deleted posts" thread. I just can't believe that they deleted the thread started by Dr. Pete :salute: with all he has done for DOXA. :naughty:

End of rant!

This is for you DOXA! :bootyshake: :neener:

BramleyGreg

Post by BramleyGreg » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:10 am

It's very depressing that you cannot post opinions on a watch company due to it being in league with, what is supposedly, a neutral watch forum.

Censorship. The world's biggest ever insult, and own goal.

SonnyD

Post by SonnyD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:29 am

To me after reading the post from the Doxa forum moderator, it seems they have simply taken a page
out of Mitch's (Ocean 7) Playbook! I got banned from that forum, and got a stern letter from Ernie.
This was about 2 years ago, and I see nothing has changed. Like mentioned, I guess if your not going
to just place "glowing praise" and "kiss up" reviews your not welcome to post in the forum.
I was pretty much a "newbie" to the little botique brands when I bought my Ocean 7. I kept reading the
Ocean 7 forum and read all the glowing reviews of how these things were the best thing since sliced bread.
Well, mine wasn't and I couldn't really get any satisfaction from Mitch, so I complained, well you know how
that came out...me being banned from the Ocean 7 forum.
If I had really done my homework and checked out Goggle for Ocan 7 I would have found quite a few
complaints about them. I received quite a few PM's at WUS from other present and past O7 owners
that had problems too and were frustrated.
I'll say for me and other, this kind of "censorship" does nothing towards creating potential buyers. I know
personally I'll never buy or even own an O7. For a long time Doxa was kind of a "grail" for me. I was just
waiting for the right one to come along at the right price. Almost jumped on that big sale they had last
year when they were marked way down. Now, not so much more. I've heard more and more things about
Doxa and the company that doesn't help draw me into the fold. I'm thinking now that Doxa is not that high
on my list. I know there are lots of people with flawless Doxa's and Ocean 7's, but I just don't have a lot
of faith anymore. Too bad people/companines just can't address problems. Everyone has problems, no one
is perfect, so just admit the problem, say your working on a cure and help the people with problems as much
as you can. That's the way to attract customers.
Regards Sonny

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:07 am

Hey Guys, lets keep in mind that the DOXA forum and the dickheads that run it, are DOXA sales and marketing guys. Their job is to sell watches. The WUS mods job is to kiss ass to a sponsor. It's not personal, that's just the way it is. If you would vow never to buy an Omega or Rolex because of how you got treated by an AD, then I'm sorry but you are a candy ass. We all know how the DOXA forum is, and hell .... now they even tell you how it is. If you go to that forum and come back pissed off then who's fault is it? They are basically telling you in advance that you must drink the kool-aid and like it, and that disagreements or complaints of any kind will not be tolerated. I quit going to that forum a long time ago. I'll pop in every once in a while, but it is so gay over there with the DOXA RULZ that I usually don't stay long.

BTW, I have owned 5 DOXAS and currently have 4. I love their watches and will continue to buy them. I just think that their forum, rules, and moderators suck.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 am

Yep nothing new here.

On the bright side you guys can vent here. :geek:

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:44 am

LOL...Candy asses...how 'bout "butt-heads" while we are at it!

That's why I love this place....

SonnyD

Post by SonnyD » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 pm

DMB wrote:Hey Guys, lets keep in mind that the DOXA forum and the dickheads that run it, are DOXA sales and marketing guys. Their job is to sell watches. The WUS mods job is to kiss ass to a sponsor. It's not personal, that's just the way it is. If you would vow never to buy an Omega or Rolex because of how you got treated by an AD, then I'm sorry but you are a candy ass. We all know how the DOXA forum is, and hell .... now they even tell you how it is. If you go to that forum and come back pissed off then who's fault is it? They are basically telling you in advance that you must drink the kool-aid and like it, and that disagreements or complaints of any kind will not be tolerated. I quit going to that forum a long time ago. I'll pop in every once in a while, but it is so gay over there with the DOXA RULZ that I usually don't stay long.

BTW, I have owned 5 DOXAS and currently have 4. I love their watches and will continue to buy them. I just think that their forum, rules, and moderators suck.

Yeah, you are right! As I was told by Ernie in not so friendly tone. "The brand forums are privately owned, and they pay
a lot of our bills. They make the rules, what ever they may be."
It can sure bite you in the ass if you aren't a diligent consumer though.
Regards Sonny

Broker
Name: Tru Money

Post by Broker » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 pm

This boils down to each watch company "owning" their own forum. They just pay for the privilege of hosting it on WUS. So they run it as they see fit. As DMB stated, it's up to each watch company to play by the rules that they want. And they do that. It's sort of the equivalent of letting you bitch about a brand in the brands own newsletter. I still like Doxa. I like em a lot.

vbuskirk
Thread Jacker Extraordinaire
Name: Chris

Post by vbuskirk » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 pm

SCM64 wrote: Look, my only service need from Doxa was handled in an AMAZING manner. The service totally blew me away. So I have no bone to pick here other than what I have stated. I posted that great experience on the Doxa forum, and of course, that was just fine. :rolleyes:

Here's the post. http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159076

What part of "No service discussions!" do you not understand?

:koolaid: :neener:
Chris

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 pm

doxa's/wus sux
Pasquale

NSC

demer03

Post by demer03 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:05 am

patstarrx wrote:doxa's/wus sux
Go back under your bridge, troll..... :bootyshake: ;) :neener:

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 am

Not that i would buy a Doxa, but if i was thinking of it, that post from the forum Mod, would change my mind.
Perhaps if they dont like whats being said on their forum, they should perhaps look at their watches, and address the issues, and from what i hear, their customer service.
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

Docrwm

Post by Docrwm » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

It's not being a "Candy Ass" to stand on principle - PERIOD. I loathe how Doxa does business and WILL NOT give them a dime of my money because of there behavior - whether they have a nice watch made or not.

NONE of this is new. We had the same BS, only more of it, over at the Doxa WUS forum about 2 years ago. Their behavior in this regard predates by a good bit the Ocean7 issues, it's just that its become the focus again.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Ahhh...but you cannot resist ....THIS

outatime

Post by outatime » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 pm

I like my DOXAs and one on one their customer service is very good...in my experience, but I had no real complaints. I did however report an issue of the DVD cases being broken during shipping...I got no response.

As far as my posts being deleated, well it's like being kicked out of a showroom for asking the wrong questions. If a jeweler kicked me out of his store for asking questions about a particular brand of watch I wouldn't swear off that brand; just that store. As I see it the WUS DOXA Forum is the DOXA showroom.
Would I buy another new watch from them? I don't think so and If that makes me a candy ass :shrug:

ANOMALY
Lume Flasher

Post by ANOMALY » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:44 pm

This is like being surprised that Mickey Mouse is at Disney...

...what do you expect from a SPONSORED forum? :banghead: :roll: