Sharing some apprehensions .. and seeking your opinions

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Re: Sharing some apprehensions .. and seeking your opinions

Post by SCM64 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm

Your apprehension is a sign you will not be happy, regardless of what we say. Get it right, or move on. As Mike said, you're the customer. :thumbsup:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm

fuck that! I would send that shit back asap and slap them for even thinking it was worth the price of admission.

if a company has the nerve to not see what is wrong with that new watch then I don't want to do business with them.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm

I agree, the pip should be resolved for sure. I tend to think the "hand made" aspect of Ennebi may provide for the dial paint or engraving as shown, so I suppose one could say it has "character". Either way, I would be bothered by it too.....

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm sorry to say but I've bought super luminova and done a better job with straight lines and that's not saying much! Even if the dials and hands since you've had an issue there too are coming out of the Far East I would expect better... Looks like someone is trying to learn on the job but for the price of these watches there has to be more than a badass case! Look at a fat painted Panerai dial and they will look perfect, hell nothing like that would ever come out of Kent Parks shop!! :shrug: love the look and I sure hope that the HTFU DWC watch is everything that you guys have laid funds down for and they all should be perfect! :shrug:
Last edited by cali kid on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Trevor

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 pm

toxicavenger wrote:fuck that! I would send that shit back asap and slap them for even thinking it was worth the price of admission.

if a company has the nerve to not see what is wrong with that new watch then I don't want to do business with them.
Word! :thumbsup:
Image Image Image
Trevor

Vern
Name: Vern

Post by Vern » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 am

Go with your instincts. The fact that you posted here tells me what you need to do. Otherwise you would have silently suffered. You will never be able to accept the blemishes. It ain't wabi!
Sinn UX
Korsbek Ocean Explorer
Kobold AD (fully polished)
Ball Spacemaster X-lume
DWP (14 nib, 85 worn by g/f)
Eterna KonTiki Diver
UTS 2000m Pacific Horizon Blue
Seiko Kinetic
Seiko Tuna
Sinn UX GSG9
Orient OS300 White face

nishant

Post by nishant » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 am

In Alessandro's words from his reply today ..

" What looks like a scratch is actually a small filament deposited on the index at time of photo; the filling of the tracks of the dial, which is mechanically etched first then painted and finally filled with lume, is complete, not in lumps."

In other words, I think he feels that this is the normal appearing lume and this is how it is always done.
I am sorry guys but I am not happy with spending my > 3000 dollars this way.

I have requested a refund and am pulling out of the Fondale Marino as well. Pretty unhappy about all this. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:15 am

nishant wrote:In Alessandro's words from his reply today ..

" What looks like a scratch is actually a small filament deposited on the index at time of photo; the filling of the tracks of the dial, which is mechanically etched first then painted and finally filled with lume, is complete, not in lumps."

In other words, I think he feels that this is the normal appearing lume and this is how it is always done.
I am sorry guys but I am not happy with spending my > 3000 dollars this way.

I have requested a refund and am pulling out of the Fondale Marino as well. Pretty unhappy about all this. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Sounds like the scratch issue has been resolved (assuming that filament can just be wiped off), but I still wouldn't accept the paint job on the marker at one o'clock. I know Ennebi has more of a rugged look, but that just looks lumpy and unprofessional, even from far away.

You need to go with your gut; if they can't or won't fix the marker, I wouldn't spend the money either.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:22 am

Holy cripes...you guys better get his expectations set prior to going forward with the HTFU project! If that is normal, run away!

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 am

Truthfully have to agree with what everybody is saying on this Nishant. You deserve
to be happy with your purchase, and shouldn't have to worry about the watch in any
way. Think you have been doing the right thing, and I hope that any problems with
the watch are totally cleared up so you can wear, and enjoy it.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm

nishant wrote:
Hopefully, the refund will be given without issue.

nishant

Post by nishant » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
nishant wrote:
Hopefully, the refund will be given without issue.
In Alessandro's words from his earlier email ....... "Anyway, whatever is the reason, if you do not want longer this watch, I have no problem to refund your deposit."

I,of course, had asked for the possibility of a refund yesterday. Think they still want the Fondale Marino to go through ... Wisdom should prevail. :thumbsup: BTW, I personally took those highlighted words to mean as if he thinks I am fabricating a reason to pull out of the watch when he thinks the dial is a no-issue. Regardless, I just wish to happily bow out after getting my money back.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Nishant, I think its already tainted for you so getting your money back is probably the right way to go. I took a good look at my watch an Ennebi 47mm Ti with red/brown dial I'll attach a pic, and if I use a magnifying glass you can see that the dial was hand painted not it's not nearly as smooth as say the printed dial from my Sinn356, maybe I'm making apologies and being naive, but should we expect this from a hand painted dial under magnification. I have no other watches with a hand painted dial so I have no referrence.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 pm

caesarmascetti wrote:Nishant, I think its already tainted for you so getting your money back is probably the right way to go. I took a good look at my watch an Ennebi 47mm Ti with red/brown dial I'll attach a pic, and if I use a magnifying glass you can see that the dial was hand painted not it's not nearly as smooth as say the printed dial from my Sinn356, maybe I'm making apologies and being naive, but should we expect this from a hand painted dial under magnification. I have no other watches with a hand painted dial so I have no referrence.

This looks like a solid lume job.
:htfu:

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:59 pm

matt.wu wrote:
caesarmascetti wrote:Nishant, I think its already tainted for you so getting your money back is probably the right way to go. I took a good look at my watch an Ennebi 47mm Ti with red/brown dial I'll attach a pic, and if I use a magnifying glass you can see that the dial was hand painted not it's not nearly as smooth as say the printed dial from my Sinn356, maybe I'm making apologies and being naive, but should we expect this from a hand painted dial under magnification. I have no other watches with a hand painted dial so I have no referrence.

This looks like a solid lume job.

Yeah Matt it looks fine, though if you take a digital camera and on the macro setting and really zoom in you can tell it was hand done, it looks much more uneven than say my SInn 356 dial, though to the unaided eye it looks fine at least to me. I would expect our DWC Ennebi to have a similar quality dial to this

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:12 pm

I'll say the same thing I said in the DWC EF thread - they are not perfect and that's what you are going to get with a watch like this. That's part of the character whether you like it or not. My EF Bronzo had similar lumpy lume but that was expected and acceptable up front. Ennebi on its best day is not going to have the finish work of Rolex on its worst. Just completely different styles of watch and different areas of focus - Ennebi focused on style and history above all else.

Sorry for your dissatisfaction, but just the hard truth with Ennebi.

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Like Bz said

These are all hand made watches, there will always be a flaw.
Makes me love mine more.
Pasquale

NSC

drster
Name: mark

Post by drster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Nishant I believe the defects you point out are usual for Ennebi watches. I have had 3 and none were made to a very high standard imo. You can say that is part of the charm of the brand. I would say that's one of the reasons I don't wear one. The ones I had I received in trades. I did receive one that looked interesting to me but it still was made to a lower standard than I would accept. Here's a pic of that one. If you look closely you can see the less than perfect dial. Also the bezel is pointless.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:25 pm

for the price of the watches I would think they wouldn't hire some dude with the shakes to do the lume.

or hell get them printed, might be a little cheaper and look great.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm

I think the same guy that does the lume makes the Cannolis.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:35 am

again I wonder if this is just how it is when dealing with hand applied lume? It would not be a deal breaker for me, however I understand how it could be for some. I liken it to a friend of mine who was restoring an old fiat abarth, with an aluminum body, he found a doner car and realized the body panles wouldn't line up from one to the other because they had been hand formed from sheets of aluminum over a wooden jig.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 am

CGSshorty wrote:I think the same guy that does the lume makes the Cannolis.
===============

:lol:

Either you can live with the lume or you can't...Not the easiest to flip w/out losing your shirt...
Still think they are pretty cool... :thumbsup:

Mike

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 am

jimyritz wrote:
===============

Either you can live with the lume or you can't...Not the easiest to flip w/out losing your shirt...

Mike

not sure about losing your shirt on the flip, when all is said and done the DWC bronze Ennebi will cost us about $2,709 assuming the euro is at 1.35. If you don't like it and put it up for sale I don't think you'd have a problem getting that back for a bronze ennebi

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:58 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
jimyritz wrote:
===============

Mike

not sure about losing your shirt on the flip, when all is said and done the DWC bronze Ennebi will cost us about $2,709 assuming the euro is at 1.35. If you don't like it and put it up for sale I don't think you'd have a problem getting that back for a bronze ennebi
Agreed. Bronzo 47mm is being sold for much more.

Can't lose on this one.
Last edited by Axelay2003 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 am

aboen wrote:I recall Seiko MM SBDX001 had the same lumpy/uneven lume issues with their hand applied lume :think:
the do have some lows and highs in thickness. but one good thing is it doesn't look like a etch-a-sketch. :mrgreen: