Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
archie42
Name: Archie

My struggle for Patek Philippe...

Post by archie42 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

My struggle for Patek Philippe...

Hello,
I have read many posts on this board in the last few days & I thought I would like to tell my story. I have read postings of 16 year old kids getting a Rolex from Dad and I wanted to post this story so other people do not think this is the norm. I think if you have had to struggle - it makes you appreciate the rewards more. Getting a gift from daddy or mommy does not cut it for me.

Then the 16 year old kid wants to talk about investment. I give you investment after working 2 years in taxi after normal job. Investment is something the theives in banking stole from most of us in superannuation funds.

I have owned a Rolex since I was 18. I bought a Rolex Explorer and gifted my quartz Omega to my father - so much for daddy buying me a watch! I then did not think much about it until I started to love watches in about 1997. I remember I bought (of all things!) a Cartier Octagonal Santos in Steel. I loved that watch so much but parted with it as I wanted another watch. I am not rich enough to keep everything! In 2001 I purchased my first Patek - ref 3919 but had it sell it as money was tight - this was after the dot com bust! (do a google search about that disaster if you are under 20!).

In 2007 I fell in love with a couple of holygrail watches. I wanted 1 but did not know which watch to choose. I started driving taxis to help me save for the watch. I remember doing my income tax return and seeing the evil government take most of my meager takings. I tried and tried. I slowly saved my money - not eating lunch from shops - taking brown paper bag to work each day.

Then I got my dream Patek - White gold Calatrava 5107. I had to sell most of my watch collection to pay for this watch. I remember feeling sad after selling most of my watches to afford the Patek. It was a struggle. Driving taxis and having rude obnoxious customers. Customers who laugh at me for being middle age and driving a taxi. I remember staff from work who took my taxi and laughed at me at work for my low 2nd job.

After I got my Patek I really have bad feeling about only having 1 other watch. I kept my explorer 1 watch with lug hole. I yearned for my other watches. I was madly in love with a white dial explorer II. I bought this beauty 2nd hand. I save save money. It was a hard struggle - no easy money or daddy for me. I can not afford AD to buy from - I get from used dealer / pawnshop (I think you call loanshark shop) and I pay cash and use my credit card. I love Rolex but I would not pay 20% a month loanshark charge. My Explorer II is not new - it from ealy 90s - no box no papers. I still love my Explorer II like my wife.

I then bought an Omega Speedmaster from used watch dealer. I love the classic chrono. I save slowly. No easy money from daddy.

My Vacheron was very hard to pay for. She cost big money and needed a service and polish. I think I never sell her. She is from 1960 and is the first thin movement from Vacheron in the 1950s. Vacheron is good name with a Geneva seal K1001 movement.

I love my 2 x Rolexes equally. I can not ever not have Rolex. I wear Rolex the most. Patek is on leather and a scarced to damage white gold. Vacheron is for special occassions only - not waterproof. Omega is cool and I love but not same as Rolex or Patek or VC. I buy my wife Rolex 69174 - Steel DateJust with white gold bezel. I think she understand my love for watches now!

I hope you can see the struggle I have to endure for my watches. No easy daddy or mommy to pay for it. Stuggle make you strong.

Please tell me your struggle to get a Patek!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: My struggle for Patek Philippe...

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

I Struggle with homosexuality
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm

What a turd. No posts on this board like that I've read.....

Looks like a blowhard who write generic articles and posts them around the web. Very douche-like behavior if you ask me. Hey Archie, no one listening, find a new home :hand:

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:

:banplz:

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Struggle? With grammar, maybe.
You don't quite seem yourself, Archie. (Apart from the gratuitous, douche-like post) :think: :raised:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Archie,
Your Pateks are fucking ugly. Take your shit grammar and douche-bag posts someplace else where people actually care.
Love,
Rob

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm

BBK357 wrote:I Struggle with homosexuality

Dude, just take the panini from the waiter and don't grab him - then it's not a struggle :gayumbrella:

:love:

archie42

Post by archie42 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:54 pm

I prefer to stay and annoy shits like you :bootyshake: :stir:
streetracer101 wrote:Archie,
Your Pateks are fucking ugly. Take your shit grammar and douche-bag posts someplace else where people actually care.
Love,
Rob

archie42

Post by archie42 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I struggle with your stupidity :headbang: :rock:
Dedalus wrote:Struggle? With grammar, maybe.
You don't quite seem yourself, Archie. (Apart from the gratuitous, douche-like post) :think: :raised:

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I asked Dr. Mom to buy my watches. :shrug:

Was this wrong of me? :scratch:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 pm

My dad didn't give me shit...

Okay, who here been giving their 16 your old kid a Rolex on DWC? As stated by this hard hitter...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 pm

archie42 wrote:I struggle with your stupidity :headbang: :rock:
Dedalus wrote:Struggle? With grammar, maybe.

Ummm, ok.
Haven't received a comeback that virulent since junior high, maybe. :think: :clap:

I guess you assume that's how we roll at DWC. Members ribbing each other, to varying degrees depending upon their familiarity with one-another. And you'd be right, of course, only I'm not sure whether you've earned the right just yet.

Besides, you can't possibly be that familiar with my stupidity. Only my partner can lay claim to that. :rolleyes:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am

Hey Archie,

How does it feel to be so well liked? I'd bet 80% of the folks on the forums would love to beat you down with your own LV luggage....

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 am

hoppyjr wrote:Hey Archie,

How does it feel to be so well liked? I'd bet 80% of the folks on the forums would love to beat you down with your own LV luggage....

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:
What only 80%...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:06 am

80 % want to beat him with the LV bags, while 99.3% want him banished to a place without Internet access ;)

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:15 am

You punters are all mean, nasty fuckas. Quit hating on Archie. His Pateks are majestic and glorious. No daddy or mum to buy him his white gold Patek. Archie worked his fat little ass off to afford that watch. Eating brown bag panini lunches, driving a cab, giving hand jobs to drunk longshoremen in back alleys. The price of exclusivity is high, but Archie can afford it. Show the bloke some respect. He's an internet celebrity.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 am

craniotes wrote:I asked Dr. Mom to buy my watches. :shrug:

Regards,
Adam
AC you may want to have Dr. Mom read posts by Archie...... she should be glad she doesn't have a son like that blow hard tool bag..... when she digests his stupidity she may change her mind on the no-mohawk....

In fact, she may want to schedule a psychoanalysis with Archie.....I'd be interested in her findings..
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:59 am

Everyone should be honoured with Mr Luxury's mere presence in our forum. We shall learn and bask in his overall horological superiority and shit.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:01 am

I love threads like this. They break up the day.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 am

Well this was random. Archie, those Pateks are fake. Some fucka fucked ya. Goddam what a pathetic existence. I almost feel sorry for this guy. Almost. Nah, I'm over it.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Hornet01
Name: Gordo

Post by Hornet01 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 am

JBZ wrote:I love threads like this. They break up the day.
Jeff, well said.

Gordo

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 am

justsellbrgs wrote:
craniotes wrote:I asked Dr. Mom to buy my watches. :shrug:

Regards,
Adam
AC you may want to have Dr. Mom read posts by Archie...... she should be glad she doesn't have a son like that blow hard tool bag..... when she digests his stupidity she may change her mind on the no-mohawk....

In fact, she may want to schedule a psychoanalysis with Archie.....I'd be interested in her findings..
She does hold telephone sessions, so this is a possibility.

Archie, any interest in undergoing a clinical psychoanalysis with a licensed professional? Not only would you be gaining valuable insight on your damaged psyche, but you'd also be helping my dear old mum pay off my expensive watch habit.

Win-win, as they say! :thumbsup:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:27 am

I thought you were dead. :raised:

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

This went well.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I like having archie around, reminds me of having Potter "The Continental" back......maybe even more fun!!!
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:46 pm

I'd rock any of those Pateks.

I didn't read the post though. :shrug:
:htfu: