GSD group buy *Update from Greg*

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Re: GSD group buy *Update from Greg*

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Two straps arriving this week. Both brown. My wife is going to kick my ass.

Just tell her it was a birthday gift from your friends at DWC, in other words, lie.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:Two straps arriving this week. Both brown. My wife is going to kick my ass.

Just tell her it was a birthday gift from your friends at DWC, in other words, lie.
I would never. :lol:
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:23 am

Thanks Rob
Pasquale

NSC

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:02 pm

streetracer101 wrote:Straps are here and will ship tomorrow. GGD and Denizen..there was a bit of a snafu on your stuff..probably because I sent payment for it after the big order. I've already let Greg know.
Everything else will ship in the AM.
thanks for staying on top of this. does it mean that greg didn't make our straps yet?

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 am

Denizen wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:Straps are here and will ship tomorrow. GGD and Denizen..there was a bit of a snafu on your stuff..probably because I sent payment for it after the big order. I've already let Greg know.
thanks for staying on top of this. does it mean that greg didn't make our straps yet?
Yes, but he is going to try to have them out by tomorrow.

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:56 pm

I didn't get in the group buy but had Greg make me a strap.

Good stuff.

-luke

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:
no problem...i can wait. just hope he's not rushin' the quality.

thanks again!

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:

thanks again!

Pasquale
Becky
Name: Pasquale

Post by Pasquale » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:35 am

Rushin the quality ? We order these back in Dec.
Pasquale

NSC

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 am

Denizen wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:

thanks again!
Greg's name is still on these straps even though he gave us a discount. He doesn't strike me as someone that cuts corners.

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 am

patstarrx wrote:Rushin the quality ? We order these back in Dec.
from Rob's post, the bulk of the Dec order is fine but and it wasn't until he got the shipment that it was discovered that two straps were not made. so these two stragglers might indeed be 'rushed' since the turnaround time only seems to be a day or two on Greg's end.
Last edited by Denizen on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

nishant

Post by nishant » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:

thanks again!
Greg's name is still on these straps even though he gave us a discount. He doesn't strike me as someone that cuts corners.
Exactly .. The Man has a reputation to keep up :thumbsup:

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 am

nishant wrote: Exactly .. The Man has a reputation to keep up :thumbsup:
i have a GSD strap already and can attest to his quality [under normal circumstances]. but with an order as large as ours on top of his normal orders, it could have impacted him esp with the holidays. IIRC, the original timeline was that the DWC order was to have finished in mid-January so that fact that this got pushed out nearly a month later is an indication that the man is busy. i'm sure he made sure that the main order got done right.

i had a strap from a well regarded strapmaker separate because of insufficient glue. sometimes things happen.

nishant

Post by nishant » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:22 am

Denizen wrote:
I had a strap from a well regarded strapmaker separate because of insufficient glue. sometimes things happen.
I ve had that happen to me twice.
- Bad Quality, Incorrect length : Paneristi-Fav Strapmaker : Got the refund/return minus shipping + PP fee
- Insufficient Glue : Got a replacement within the week from HK. Kept the original.

For a strap bought new and usually at a premium [ u touch it and the resale is down 50% ], thats the least a strapmaker could do.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 am

Denizen wrote:
i have a GSD strap already and can attest to his quality [under normal circumstances]. but with an order as large as ours on top of his normal orders, it could have impacted him esp with the holidays. IIRC, the original timeline was that the DWC order was to have finished in mid-January so that fact that this got pushed out nearly a month later is an indication that the man is busy. i'm sure he made sure that the main order got done right.

i had a strap from a well regarded strapmaker separate because of insufficient glue. sometimes things happen.
Den,
I understand your concern. I don't want to make excuses for Greg because I honestly have no idea how busy his day job or strap making business is. But, I do know that the main reason for the date push back was because he had some heavy ish happen in his personal life and had to take some time off for a few weeks.
There was actually only one missed strap and 2 keychains. While I am sure Greg has other stuff going on, I am fairly certain that he'll take the time necessary to make the stuff right. He'll have about 3 days from the time I notified him to make basically 1 strap. I am pretty sure he can handle that.
In any event, if you aren't happy with it when you receive it, drop him a line and see what can be done. He is a fair, honest guy, so I am sure he'll do you right in the end.
Again, sorry that your (and GSD) stuff got missed. Unfortunately it happens, but I understand it sucking a bit more when you're the one it happens to.
Rob

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 am

Rob, i appreciate your post...there's nothing for you to be sorry about and the fact that you took on the role of organizing the order, tracking it and getting the stuff sent out to the members took no small amount of time and effort on your part. i hope that you know that we don't take it for granted. Kudos to you!

it's probable that the strap will be fine too. i know that *if* there was a problem, then Greg would take care of it.

to partly explain my 'concern' and my frame of mind when i typed that post last night, i received something from Ebay yesterday which the seller assured me was in mint condition and when i opened the box and inspected the item, most of it was indeed mint except for one very visible and key aspect that was far from mint. the seller sold the item as unopened so i don't think even he was fully aware of the condition, but it was was merely a reminder that sometimes things happen even under the best intentions.

all this about 'rushing the strap' is just projecting on my part.

thanks again.

- King
streetracer101 wrote:
Denizen wrote:

Den,
I understand your concern. I don't want to make excuses for Greg because I honestly have no idea how busy his day job or strap making business is. But, I do know that the main reason for the date push back was because he had some heavy ish happen in his personal life and had to take some time off for a few weeks.
There was actually only one missed strap and 2 keychains. While I am sure Greg has other stuff going on, I am fairly certain that he'll take the time necessary to make the stuff right. He'll have about 3 days from the time I notified him to make basically 1 strap. I am pretty sure he can handle that.
In any event, if you aren't happy with it when you receive it, drop him a line and see what can be done. He is a fair, honest guy, so I am sure he'll do you right in the end.
Again, sorry that your (and GSD) stuff got missed. Unfortunately it happens, but I understand it sucking a bit more when you're the one it happens to.
Rob

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:33 am

Greg really cares about his customers and does whatever is needed to insure satisfaction.

Never a reason to worry when ordering from him. :thumbsup:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

Greg doesn't rush anything. We exchanged about ten emails last week just to get the exact location of the holes on my strap correct.
David St. Hubbins

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:09 am

I knew there was a reason I couldn't get through to him.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:10 am

Stuck in a cert class - can't wait to check the mailbox in a couple of hours!

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Box arrived! :headbang: :rock: :bananastoner: :clap: :cheers: :thumbsup:

(guess I should open it)

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Damn...
I've owned quite a few straps, some from great makers, and this is right up there with the best of them. Maybe my favorite strap ever already. Going to look absolutely amazing when it patinas. Thanks Greg, and thanks Rob for making this happen.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Of course mine didn't arrive. This makes two straps of mine the USPS has in their grubby hands. That looks awesome Rahul.
David St. Hubbins

GGD

Post by GGD » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm

All good mate. Thanks again for organizing everything :thumbsup:

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:45 pm

dukerules wrote:Damn...
I've owned quite a few straps, some from great makers, and this is right up there with the best of them. Maybe my favorite strap ever already. Going to look absolutely amazing when it patinas. Thanks Greg, and thanks Rob for making this happen.
DAMN, that looks incredible :cheers: