Semi Retirement

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Rambam
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Barney Gumble

Re: Semi Retirement

Post by Rambam » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Jamie wrote:Ok so I have gone on a bit of a binge in the last week and have four incoming so I thought that today while I was at work I would tell the wife before they started to show up. I have always been a believer in the idea that it is easier to ask forgivness that ask for approval.

So she was very understanding and after she stopped makeing ridiculous statements pertaining to peices of my male annatomy only requested some self restraint until the end of the year......................2012!!!

So I am done for the interim period please continue to post photos so I may live vicariously through your good selves.
:roll:
patstarrx wrote:6'5 350lbs of complete mush :bird:
:roll: :roll:

Man, you guys kill me :mrgreen:
Honey Badger FTW!!!

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 pm

patstarrx wrote:6'5 350lbs of complete mush :bird:

Fair Call

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:03 pm

You have to set it up right. I started showing my wife pics of the 757 UTC over a year ago. Let her know why I liked it but "i'm not getting anything right now". That way you show them you have restraint. Then when you pull the trigger, it's only after a proper lengthy and proper time of consideration. :rolleyes:

Now if it's an impulse buy, then use Matt's "it was a trade" routine. :ugeek:
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:22 pm

SCM64 wrote:You have to set it up right. I started showing my wife pics of the 757 UTC over a year ago. Let her know why I liked it but "i'm not getting anything right now". That way you show them you have restraint. Then when you pull the trigger, it's only after a proper lengthy and proper time of consideration. :rolleyes:

Fantastic strategy! I might deploy this tactic sometime in the near future. :mrgreen:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Jamie wrote:First one arrived today and I have already worked out my line.

This thing its a Seiko you know they are just cheap
Cheap? Not the one you bought! :lol:

Oh well jamie, i think you have a stunning collection right now, and with the incomings you have, ANYONE would be happy for a couple of years! :shock:

Congrats on the new arrivals! You KNOW i love them! :cheers:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:43 pm

BSears wrote:
SCM64 wrote:You have to set it up right. I started showing my wife pics of the 757 UTC over a year ago. Let her know why I liked it but "i'm not getting anything right now". That way you show them you have restraint. Then when you pull the trigger, it's only after a proper lengthy and proper time of consideration. :rolleyes:

Fantastic strategy! I might deploy this tactic sometime in the near future. :mrgreen:
It's a good strategy - if only you can wait that long. You really gotta be visionary. Maybe I'll start showing my wife pics of Langes and PP's.

Adam used to say he used the tactic of putting the watch as a startup/shutdown screen on the computer. This way, his wife would see it often, usually subliminally, and so when he actually got it, she'd think it was old because she'd seen it before. :roll:
:htfu:

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:38 pm

matt.wu wrote:
BSears wrote:

It's a good strategy - if only you can wait that long. You really gotta be visionary. Maybe I'll start showing my wife pics of Langes and PP's.

Adam used to say he used the tactic of putting the watch as a startup/shutdown screen on the computer. This way, his wife would see it often, usually subliminally, and so when he actually got it, she'd think it was old because she'd seen it before. :roll:
That boy's a genius! :clap:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

polaco23
Actually chooses to live in Detroit
Name: Dominik

Post by polaco23 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:56 pm

thats the best thing ive ever heard! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

meta4ick
Name: Rick

Post by meta4ick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

pacifichrono wrote:Dude, haven't you heard about shipping watches to your work?

Party on!

:headbang:

LMAO. Yeahman.