IW NATO straps suck.

Maratac only for me. :excited:
:htfu:

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Re: Can't use NATO???

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:55 am

Ryeguy wrote:
justsellbrgs wrote:...and I just noticed this in the mwr thread....

http://www.medinasheriff.com/SORN/RONALD%20SABO.htm

this area of town is local to Clevelanders.....
Holy Shite! This is the same name as the owner and the right area. I can't say for sure it is the same Ron Sabo, but it would be one hell of a coincidence if it was not.

You can see the IW company info here: http://www.manta.com/c/mmcbjv1/international-watchman

Never bought from them in the past....never going to in the future. I have 0 sympathy for this offense.

his home address listed on the sheriff's site and business address are a short bike ride..... :tap:
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:42 am

What is it about watch strap makers and pedophile tendencies? Sabo, Corvus ..... Effective immediately, full background checks on all DWC strap makers.

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:21 am

DMB wrote:What is it about watch strap makers and pedophile tendencies? Sabo, Corvus ..... Effective immediately, full background checks on all DWC strap makers.
LOL

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:54 pm

I just got pinged by a company on reddit saying this guy is trying to sue him because of a sell thread the company had the year prior on amazon calling his straps "nato's".

Countycomm (Maratac) is doing the same thing. If you strap says Zulu they are taking you too court.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:09 pm

NATO would be hard to win against, as its a term in existence for many issues including watches. It would be like banning something called a "military strap". Just silly IMO.

CountyComm may have a case, as the term Zulu strap is something they started and they have been branding the buckles with their trademark "Zulu" for a while now.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, but I do like screwing.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

hoppyjr wrote:NATO would be hard to win against, as its a term in existence for many issues including watches. It would be like banning something called a "military strap". Just silly IMO.

CountyComm may have a case, as the term Zulu strap is something they started and they have been branding the buckles with their trademark "Zulu" for a while now.

He won against big name brands like Crown & Buckle a few years back. That is why most of them now have a disclaimer at the bottom saying IWN owns the trademark, they pay for the use of it.

CountyComm, I didn't know they actually started the name, I thought once again they were a company who trademarked the name. I might be wrong about that though.

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:23 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:NATO would be hard to win against, as its a term in existence for many issues including watches. It would be like banning something called a "military strap". Just silly IMO.

He won against big name brands like Crown & Buckle a few years back. That is why most of them now have a disclaimer at the bottom saying IWN owns the trademark, they pay for the use of it.

CountyComm, I didn't know they actually started the name, I thought once again they were a company who trademarked the name. I might be wrong about that though.
Have they come after you about your company name?
-David

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:30 pm

I'd say "fuck em all!" and call my straps "military style". Watch folks can call them NATO all day long (and still will) but this IWN can sit on a stick.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:32 pm

dshap wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

No, I have a trademark in the works on mine. Since my name is ran together as one name and I not promoting it separately I think that I am good.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:32 pm

hoppyjr wrote:I'd say "fuck em all!" and call my straps "military style". Watch folks can call them NATO all day long (and still will) but this IWN can sit on a stick.
He seems to be chasing the people who sell on etsy, ebay and amazon. The same with CountyComm

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
dshap wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

No, I have a trademark in the works on mine. Since my name is ran together as one name and I not promoting it separately I think that I am good.
Fingers crossed for you Terry.
only accurate watches are interesting

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:58 pm

marchone wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
dshap wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Fingers crossed for you Terry.
Thanks! :headbang:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:36 pm

I know a guy if you need him to disappear.;)

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:03 pm

59yukon01 wrote:I know a guy if you need him to disappear.;)
I might need that, since he was convicted of being a molester a while back :banghead: :angryfire:

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:09 am

What a load of old bollocks, so lame, it would have been slightly funny if it were an April fools gag. :shrug: The whole world has gone crazy.
Andy :uj:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 am

:salute:
Last edited by toxicavenger on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 am

sorry to all the lawyers out there --- but a system that allowed this idiot to obtain a patent containing the word NATO is idiotic..... explain it to me any way you want and justify it with a list of legal information, I'll say to you what I'd say to that low life Ron at Int'l watch --- F**k OFF. Or simply check my signature and avatar
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:45 am

^^ this
Or maybe we need to band together and trademark 'dive watch'. Beer money for life.
The Hapa

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:36 pm

HapaHapa wrote:^^ this
Or maybe we need to band together and trademark 'dive watch'. Beer money for life.
And titties!

And cameltoe!

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm going for Beer and GILF anyone want in?