Best watch deal you ever made?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Re: Best watch deal you ever made?

Post by jimyritz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:25 am

FlyPenFly wrote:And that's how much you're going to sell that to me for right Mike? Right??
=============

:think: :think: :lol: :lol:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 am

This Tudor Snowflake 2000.00
And this Zenith Chronometer for 500.00 one just sold on fleabay for about 1600.00 has me thinking of selling it :think:

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 am

Best deal ever, never to be repeated.

I bought this Ploprof from a guy I used to work with. It had been used hard and no longer worked. It had original box papers hang tags and bill of sale. I paid him $1000.00 about 6 or 7 years ago.
I sent it to Omega Bienne and paid another $800.00 for a full service. All the old parts returned to me btw.
And because it didn't fit me very well I never wore it much. I ended up selling it to a collector for about $7000.00 at the height of the Plopropf value time pre 2008 economic crash. :whistle:

This is an aberration, it will never happen again.
cheers,

Keith

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Post by T.R. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:13 am

1watchaholic wrote:One of he best watch deals I made was also one I now regret the most too. I remember purchasing a Dee & Ricky G-Shock. There was a hot little craze on the forums so I went to Macy's and $130 boom...I had one. Then after they blew out the price kept going up. Of course I'd never wear that butt ugly watch (JMHO!! :lol:) so when they started going for $400...SOLD!! But NOW those babies on ebay are going for OVER $1000 Bucks!! So now cashing in on that $400 makes me sick to think I could possibly get over a grand for it now! :banghead:

THESE THINGS GO FOR OVER A GRAND NOW???? :doh: :scream: :smack:

holy crap.
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 am

cdnwatchguy wrote:Best deal ever, never to be repeated.

I bought this Ploprof from a guy I used to work with. It had been used hard and no longer worked. It had original box papers hang tags and bill of sale. I paid him $1000.00 about 6 or 7 years ago.
I sent it to Omega Bienne and paid another $800.00 for a full service. All the old parts returned to me btw.
And because it didn't fit me very well I never wore it much. I ended up selling it to a collector for about $7000.00 at the height of the Plopropf value time pre 2008 economic crash. :whistle:

This is an aberration, it will never happen again.
:shock:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:39 am

Wow winner!

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Post by T.R. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:49 am

I have three watches that I thought were great deals for the money.....

My first was my Speedmaster Pro that I bought many years ago for $950.00. Well hell yeah! Traded up on this one big time and did well.

The Seal I bought from our member James.... After finally bringing in a Kobold Seal I "got Kobold" and I thought James gave me a great price. I love the thing; I'm wearing it today.

And the Omega SHOM I picked up in trade/cash from our man Cesar. Not only did I get the watch itself, it came with Omega Mesh and Omega Flightmaster bracelets... and it came with all the Omega branded parts necessary to change it back to 100% full original style as opposed to the Baby Ploprof 200M modification. To get into the deal I traded him Omega 2254 that I bought for $1300 and traded for $1600 in trade value... but I could now kick my own ass because that very watch goes for $1800 to $2000!

Lately, I've gotten spot on tooled on a couple of deals, one quite inadvertently... and man, does that ever run you off from buying and selling. :scream: :crybaby: :shrug:
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

I bought a LNIB Sinn U1 for $750 shipped on flee bay. I think I sold it for $1,200

Bought a 1964 Carrera Re-edition on craigslist for $560 and sold it for $1,300ish

Bought my Milgaus for around $4k Sold it for $5k.

smalls
Name: Matt

Post by smalls » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Made a couple hundred each time I sold my PO's and I paid $3500 for my Sub date back in 2008 and I'm guessing I could get around $4500 for it now. I've lost way more than I've made though. In my head it's all a wash ;)

DMB
Global Moderator
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Post by DMB » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I bought a confirmed one owner Rolex Sea Dweller M serial (2007) from a pawn shop about a year or so ago for $4000 cash. All boxes, papers and tags. It was missing the leather folder with the dive table, tool, and extra extension but you can buy those on the bay all day long.

My GMT II with boxes, tags, etc I got about 8 months before that. Serviced in 2006 with every bit of paperwork since it was purchased new in Qatar in 2001. Also had a new pepsi bezel insert included with the black one. 3K.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:21 pm

I really wanted an Accutron Astronaut and Decided the re issue would be a better one for me.
Chris sold me his at a great DWC price. Unfortunately i didn't feel the love for it,the crystal was just too thick and caused havoc with reflections.
I was offered more than i paid Chris for it and felt so guilty that i had to explain the situation to him to see if he was ok with that......which he was.
Mind you,i didn't feel that guilty that i sent him the profit :roll:
Cheers Chris :cheers: :thumbsup:
Andy :uj:

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:27 pm

I always lose a bit :banghead:
Mainly because I am too nice and go to great lengths to describe all faults and condition.
The exception would be my Sub-C, that I bought earlier this year. I got a pretty good deal, and thanks to the recent price rise I am sure I could turn a profit.
Too bad I am not selling :lol:

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

I have made money (cash or in trade) on every Rolex I have owned/sold, with some over 1K more than when I bought it between one and two years before, which is good since I will take a bath on the 5513 if/when I sell it.

I have made a little money on every Omega PO I have sold, and also the Omega Speedy I sold. Taken baths on EVERY IWC and Breitling. Generally even or out just Paypal fees and shipping and maybe a little more on most Doxas (except I made money on the Numa and the 600t's), Seikos, Sinns, Omega SMPs I have sold. Panerai's have generally been sold at a small loss.