The One

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: The One

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:01 pm

Looks like this thread took a break last year- due for a bump.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

The One

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:01 pm

BBK357 wrote:I didn't take part in this last year but I can now say the sub case fits my wrist great and I can wear it on NATOs and be happy. I've been through quite a few Tudor snowflakes but I went back to a 94110 date with a black dial, so much I sold the coveted blue no date.

But then again- this newly acquired Sinn is giving me that same old fashioned feeling. An EZM1 was long overdue on my wrist.

Can't wait to check this next year, good idea Wu!

^^^

Seems like I am on the same track- with my 16800 Sub and a Sinn 103 ... With maybe a other Sinn or two on the way.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:08 pm

After flipping two dozen watches in 2015, I sold almost all and bought this 16800 Sub in December. I am rooting for a Sinn next as well. Sinn just makes sexy watches.

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:21 pm

More and more, it would be this...

A close second:

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:37 pm

i don't think i own it yet.

although i could probably steal BZ's "close second" and be done with it.

pacifichrono
Name: Tom

Post by pacifichrono » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 pm

GMT Master or II - - Pepsi. The ultimate in class and curb appeal.
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom

jtbenson
Name: jason

The One

Post by jtbenson » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:40 pm

blowfish89 wrote:After flipping two dozen watches in 2015, I sold almost all and bought this 16800 Sub in December. I am rooting for a Sinn next as well. Sinn just makes sexy watches.
still kicking myself for releasing that one, enjoy it, it's a jem!

blowfish89

Post by blowfish89 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 pm

jtbenson wrote:
blowfish89 wrote:After flipping two dozen watches in 2015, I sold almost all and bought this 16800 Sub in December. I am rooting for a Sinn next as well. Sinn just makes sexy watches.
still kicking myself for releasing that one, enjoy it, it's a jem!
All thanks to WuMart - I will pay another visit in Dec 2016, like an annual tradition :lol:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:55 pm

bzabodyn wrote:More and more, it would be this...

A close second:

BZ
Yup! I cool love with either :excited:

I'll rake that close second, you hurt its feelings :)
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:27 pm

msa6712 wrote:1675, c.'65...
Me too. Miss it like crazy. '65 1675 GMT Master. Late 1.2 million serial, II 65 case back, and although transitional period, most likely service replacement Mk I dial. Would be super sweet if gilt with small arrow...

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:18 pm

i've always maintained if i had to go down to just one, it'd be the 36mm aqua terra 2500

but now, it's got some stiffer competition

greenlightning
The Dude
Name: Kris

Post by greenlightning » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:43 am

Probably this one. I'm guessing I said the same thing the last couple of years

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 am

Zidane wrote:Sub-C for me. It checks all the boxes and has made me question the need to even buy anything else since I wear this it the vast majority of the time anyway.

I don't wear it hr majority of the time anymore bc I now have other oysters, but this one still checks all the boxes.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:17 am

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:19 am

Hmmm…necrothread arises again.

Well, having had a few years to ponder David's question, I think I can finally provide a solid answer.

After the 30-day challenge, which ran much longer for me, I am clearly broken. But you should in no way consider this a mocking of the OP's original inquiry. If you look at my contributions to the thread, I have been a steadfast and positive sponsor throughout the conversation. This is very important stuff and should not be taken lightly. In my opinion, the one watch question is something society will ponder upon for eons to come. And if you were to take offense to someone else's choice, or to comments on your postings, and say want to leave DWC in a grand flourish…I will help your worthless whining ass to the door. Because I am a team player. And if anything I post bothers you…I want to you to know, sincerely, truly and deeply…I don't care.

YOHOHO
Dirty Closet Hinderer Whore
Name: Josh

Post by YOHOHO » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:29 pm

I have been trying to think about The One watch. I don't own it, but if forced to do just one I'd go sky dweller. It has the heft, size, tech, and look that could keep me smiling on a daily basis. I own nothing like it, but that could make it an easier transition (at least in my mind). I've tried on this model several times...one day maybe...

pic stolen from the ablogtowatch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:14 pm

hazmatman wrote:Hmmm…necrothread arises again.

Well, having had a few years to ponder David's question, I think I can finally provide a solid answer.

After the 30-day challenge, which ran much longer for me, I am clearly broken. But you should in no way consider this a mocking of the OP's original inquiry. If you look at my contributions to the thread, I have been a steadfast and positive sponsor throughout the conversation. This is very important stuff and should not be taken lightly. In my opinion, the one watch question is something society will ponder upon for eons to come. And if you were to take offense to someone else's choice, or to comments on your postings, and say want to leave DWC in a grand flourish…I will help your worthless whining ass to the door. Because I am a team player. And if anything I post bothers you…I want to you to know, sincerely, truly and deeply…I don't care.
:clap: :clap: :clap: kick ass, I have mine on today as well.... but I put the off white strap and bezel on...

"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm

hazmatman wrote:Hmmm…necrothread arises again.

Doug you have a watch box full of German badassary and you choose this. I'm puzzled by this behavior.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

hazmatman
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Der Brummbär

Post by hazmatman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:21 pm

BBK357 wrote:Doug you have a watch box full of German badassary and you choose this. I'm puzzled by this behavior.
You are not alone. They have formed a club. Dues are minimal. Meetings are infrequent, but they drink a lot. I will have them send you an application.

Here's a link.

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:12 pm

andrema wrote:Image
For a moment there i thought u replaced the subC bezel with an sD bezel...