So my 8 month old Boutique Diver has no parts warranty?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Lush
Name: Ron

So my 8 month old Boutique Diver has no parts warranty?

Post by Lush » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 pm

I`m fukin pissed at my latest mail back from a Boutique Dive watch seller (Factory).
First, I sold the watch not long ago to a member here. After receiving it he explained to me that the crown would not screw down easily. I thought the crown screwing down hard might be because of my fat fingers & I have 8" plus wrists with fingers to match. I refunded his money and he sent it back to me. I got the watch back and and just put it aside until recently. Sent along a mail a few days ago explaining the problem and hopefully my warranty options on it.
Here`s his response to the tube/crown issue on it.
First mail back: Altenatively you can send the watch back and we can just change the tube, but I fear it may re-occur.
Second: Hi Ron, The new crown/ tube/ protector is USD50 for the set. Let me know if this is ok.
Third mail back: Sean, is the price the same for parts if I send it to you for repairs? If so I will have them sent to me.
Ron.
Third: Hi Ron,
Yes the same, except you have to charge you for shipping back.
Regards,
Sean

WTF, if I want to remedy the issue I can send the watch back to the source and pay for parts and shipping back to me, or keep as is and pay for parts to be shipped to me for repair.

So, a watch that is less than 8 mos old with a years warranty on the print requires a new crown & tube that the source acknowledges is faulty from them is not covered under warranty?

Fuck you Movas Watch.

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Re: So my 8 month old Boutique Diver has no parts warranty?

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:36 pm

Ok I couldn't really follow most off that but I think I understood it.

Why did they not agree to the parts under warranty if it has 1 year coverage?

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:41 pm

That sucks. So many of these boutique brands go above and beyond for their customers, it sucks to see one that doesn't.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Lush

Post by Lush » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Jamie wrote:Ok I couldn't really follow most off that but I think I understood it.

Why did they not agree to the parts under warranty if it has 1 year coverage?
No shit, the watch has a warranty period.
That was my first mail.

Ron

Lush

Post by Lush » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey, bottom line is with MovasWatch they will not back up a faulty crown - tube repair without

cali kid
Unabomber impersonator
Name: Trevor

Post by cali kid » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Sucks for sure, they should eat the parts and shipping :bird:
Image Image Image
Trevor

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:46 am

Micro brands. That's the reason I don't buy them. I can't be sure they will be around let alone perform service.
Last edited by ericf4 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:24 am

Sorry to hear that, as stated earlier most micros are just the opposite in they will bend over backwards to make things right to help spread the good word about "x" watch. Obviously this one does not subscribe to that theory and sucks monkey.

But then again, Tag is (in)famous for not correcting thier acknowledged tube/thread problem with the Aquaracer 500M..... :shrug:

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:39 am

Isn't one of the Movas guys a member here :think:

You roll the dice with some of these brands although some have top notch
customer service....

This kind of stuff just sucks...

I think you should send him a note and ask what the warranty covers..

I think someone said once, "parts is parts"....

Mike

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:41 am

That's why I don't buy Boutique your up a river with out a paddle when you have a warranty problem maybe not on all but who knows how long some will be around here one day gone the next.And that sucks big time how you were treated by Movas Watch.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:44 am

rockmastermike wrote:Sorry to hear that, as stated earlier most micros are just the opposite in they will bend over backwards to make things right to help spread the good word about "x" watch. Obviously this one does not subscribe to that theory and sucks monkey.

But then again, Tag is (in)famous for not correcting thier acknowledged tube/thread problem with the Aquaracer 500M..... :shrug:
your right Tag has been pretty shitty about this.

hell I would send Movas another email and tell them that you are going to blast them on the net if they don't fix this watch. :thumbsup:

Lush

Post by Lush » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:09 am

jimyritz wrote:
I think you should send him a note and ask what the warranty covers..

I think someone said once, "parts is parts"....

Mike
My last mail to them was exactly that, and when the response was I pay for the parts is what set me off. :angryfire:
Not about the money, it`s the idea that less than a year of ownership the company response to a quality control issue is this.

SCM64
Global Mod/Sinn fanboy

Post by SCM64 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:24 am

cali kid wrote:Sucks for sure, they should eat the parts and shipping :bird:
+1
Steven

Sexually Desirable RockStar Moderator

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:18 am

We at this forum should jerk Movas Watch chain and email them like we are really thinking about buying one of there crappy watches ask about there one year warranty and ask what is covered if we buy one and once they say parts are covered shoot a copy of this and say what's up with this shit.

movas

Post by movas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 am

Well, first off I would appreciate if you toned down your vulgarities. We have communicated amicably via e-mail in the past and I think common courtesy should be extended here.

In regards to your crown tube issue, there are a few reasons why we recommended that you changed to the new crown guard/ crown and tube:

1) It is obvious that for some reason you are having difficulties keeping the threads of the tube working. Changing to a new crown/guard/ tube design will eliminate this issue as it is operated differently.
2) The original watches were assembled in HK by a sub-contractor. Hence we do not actually have any parts to replace for the original watch. We have since moved to assembling the watches in-house and hence have new parts that will fit the original designs. These are what we have offered to you.
3) We have honored all genuine warranty claims in the past, whether it be hands falling off, screws coming out and even cases where we have evidence that the watches were dropped and abused. However, in this instance, it is an operation error, not a warranty issue.

SO yes, it may seem like going onto a reputable internet forum and showing your frustrations seems like the right thing to do and to get our attention, but no, it does not change our view that it is an operational error in this instance.

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:30 am

That seems like a true non sense answer. When the original Poster bought the Movas product
he purchased it as a whole unit. Had the OP been aware that ahem "operational" issues were not covered
then the OP would have had the choice to proceed with the sale or not. But to state after the fact
this farcical answer that because the defect is an operational one we at Movas won't cover the repair work under
warranty is HORRIBLE! So I buy an automobile with an operational defective hand brake, this won't be covered under the implied/actual warranty? Thank you Movas for steering me (and I'm sure others) away from your fine products....anyone for a 57 click bezel
Ocean LM-7?
P.s I really hope Movas does the right thing and apologizes to the OP and offers to any and all
a "FULLY COVERED WARRANTY" Parts,service, defect (operational or otherwise) otherwise
that is just BULLSHITE!
G

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 am

movas wrote:Well, first off I would appreciate if you toned down your vulgarities. We have communicated amicably via e-mail in the past and I think common courtesy should be extended here.

In regards to your crown tube issue, there are a few reasons why we recommended that you changed to the new crown guard/ crown and tube:

1) It is obvious that for some reason you are having difficulties keeping the threads of the tube working. Changing to a new crown/guard/ tube design will eliminate this issue as it is operated differently.
2) The original watches were assembled in HK by a sub-contractor. Hence we do not actually have any parts to replace for the original watch. We have since moved to assembling the watches in-house and hence have new parts that will fit the original designs. These are what we have offered to you.
3) We have honored all genuine warranty claims in the past, whether it be hands falling off, screws coming out and even cases where we have evidence that the watches were dropped and abused. However, in this instance, it is an operation error, not a warranty issue.

SO yes, it may seem like going onto a reputable internet forum and showing your frustrations seems like the right thing to do and to get our attention, but no, it does not change our view that it is an operational error in this instance.
Maybe I'm wrong but Movas has determined it's operator error before having even examined the watch? I work for a manufacturer, and we have warranties on our products, we at least EXAMINE the product before we determine the cause of the failure. So if the user cross threaded the crown so be it, but how do you know that before you examine the watch????

The warranty is in place to cover manufacturing defects as I understand it, but once again if Movas has never examined the watch how can the cause of the defect be determined?

Snpr9696
Name: Joe D

Post by Snpr9696 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 am

In my experience Micro Brand owners have been nothing but helpful. They have in my experience once again, answered questions promptly and with enthusiasm. SaS in particular has been perfect with their customer service. Graeme was very quick to send me a new clasp for my SaS without questions when I advised him the locking bar seemed a little loose. Four days later I had a new clasp with extra links to make it easier for me to install the clasp at home.
My Work, My Site.
http://www.snprstrap.com

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 am

Wait, so MOVAS said they have in the past covered in warranty watches that were dropped... but then goes on to say they won't cover a stripped crown tube and just assumes it was operator error?

How can you determine without examining the watch it wasn't a poorly manufactured or installed crown tube and it was automatically operator error?

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 am

Not a lawyer--need Brad for this....

Seems like the crown guard/ tube, etc would qualify as a "defect".... :shrug:

From Movas Warranty...
All watches carry a 1 year limited warranty against defects as listed on our warranty card

although..I'm sure it's based on company discretion...

There's always going by the letter of the law and then there is doing the right thing...Is it worth the negative press? :shrug:

:cheers:
Mike

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:28 am

I can clearly see from here it is a operator error!!! :shifty:

:rolleyes:

movas

Post by movas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 am

Yes, stripping a screw is an operator error. You can't 'defect' a stripped thread. It was working the 6-7 months it was used by the original owner, then after it was sold and used by the second owner, it decided to be defective? Threads do not suddenly decide to strip on their own.

There is bashing, and there is common sense. We are not on internet forums to deflect blame. Each and every time there was an error on our part we have stepped up and done what's right. Stripping a crown tube screw cannot possibly be a defect regardless how much verbal abuse and negative press is involved. IF the tube displaces, becomes loose from the case, yes we can deem that as a defect because it cannot be caused by using it. IF the crown comes off, it cannot be caused by the user. If the tube shears, it cannot be caused by the user..... Stripped threads ESPECIALLY after usage of a few months can only be caused by the user. We do not need to check the product to determine this, and advised the costs of replacement prior to having the watch shipped back so that the owner could decide beforehand. A one year warranty is not a license to get free parts if you abuse the product. If the watch arrived with the threads already stripped (taking O7's bezel as an example), we would have paid for shipping the watch back, and sent a new one. If the watch arrived with 120 clicks, and suddenly after 7-8 months it only clicked 70 times, we would have requested for it back, checked it to determine what caused it. If we find or were informed that the bezel was rotated in the opposite direction and hence the spring was broken, then we would charge for the spring to be replaced, this is the same logic that has been applied here.

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 am

Can you guarantee that every crown tube you made has exactly milled threads? Not sure how you can when hands are falling off your watch.

What was the point of saying you're repairing other people's dropped watches but you're not going to repair this one. Are you just rubbing it in his face? Not sure what the point of that was.

Some parts fail over time because they were poorly manufactured or slightly out of spec.

Maybe I misunderstood point 1, it seems to tacitly acknowledge some sort of design flaw in the part that failed. Now you're saying a new design is less likely to fail but he has to pay for it?

This is like buying a car with faulty wheel bearings that fail when you steer the car. There's a new wheel bearing design that is much less likely to fail but the car owner has to pay for the replacement during the warranty? Does that make any sense?

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 am

Your dam right the only thing that keeps boutique watch co in business is great customer service or they go by way of the DODO Bird extinct.

FlyPenFly wrote:Can you guarantee that every crown tube you made has exactly milled threads? Not sure how you can when hands are falling off your watch.

What was the point of saying you're repairing other people's dropped watches but you're not going to repair this one. Are you just rubbing it in his face? Not sure what the point of that was.

Some parts fail over time because they were poorly manufactured or slightly out of spec.

Either way this should have been a no brainer repair since a boutique watch company lives or dies from watch forum reputation.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:05 am

Seems to me like some of these micro brands would simply do the right thing for the customer to create a strong reputation rather than publicly argue that the user is as fault. That's a strikeout in my opinion.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer