Armida A2 500m

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
fastward
Fast Eddie

Re: Armida A2 500m

Post by fastward » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:46 am

Brice, was it a 8215?

The Miyota 8215 isn't the greatest movement in the world. The Miyota stutter can drive you to the brink of insanity.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:42 am

Yes 8215. Have owned several with no issues at all though
This one was bad :(
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Yes 8215. Have owned several with no issues at all though
This one was bad :(

Wow, Brice, I just read your other post. That sucks.
Yeah, I have owned many 8215 as well, and while we all know the sweep is not the smoothest, it is not supposed to be erratic like that.
Very suprised Chris gave that response.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Yeah I'm well aware that it's not the most refined mvt but this was too obvious and inconsistent too. Even my Invicta powered by the same 8215 behaved better. I did not expect to sweep like my omega :) but I was not gonna live with that. I'm wearing my 120$ Jacques Lemans now with the same mvt and it sweeps just fine! I'm not gonna post this all over because I'm not the one who talked to Chris. But the seller had bought 3 Armidas and was looking to buy more... You'd think Chris would have done something but again I'm not the one who interfaced with Chris so I'll leave at this.

spiceballs

Post by spiceballs » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
spiceballs wrote:"Hey bud, not sure what to tell you. I got an Armida A-1 and for the price paid, I really enjoy it, and think it was worth the price.
Nice sapphire, good movement, and the finishing and case construction , very good for what I paid. Is it a high end watch, absolutely not, but very good for what it is.
Best I can say is, buy it, used the discount code, and get it and see if YOU like it. If not, should be pretty easy to flip on the forums.
Best of luck, let us know if you get it, or get something else."

Sorry Chef, I should have been clearer, I meant the A2 which you said you had coming. Like what Jamie wrote.
Hey Balls
Gotta stop smoking while browsing :scratch: it wasn't TC, I'm the one who posted about the A2 I had coming! :think: :lol:
Anyways let me tell you the story and it'll make some of these guys' day ;)
I bought the watch usef from a seller I knew. I got the watch and really liked the design, case size and shape were perfect for me, sat really flat and was comfy on the wrist. Like the hour markets & hands, lume and case finish was nice too.
However, as I observing the watch facing me, meaning the watch was vertical, I noticed the second hand mvt was erratic at times. It'd stop moving for 1 to 2 seconds, then skip a second or two... I had seen a similar behavior in an old Zodiac Ocenaire with a CS mvt. So I brought it up to the seller who said he had not noticed as he had worn it once and I believe him. He offered a prompt refund or some money back if I elected to keep it and have it fixed or work with Armida warranty.
I took the refund and returned it to him as I did not feel like dealing with it. Note problem did not seem to affect accuracy. I had made a mini video for the seller to show the problem
So anyways, and Im not gonna make friends here with Armida supporters, but I speak the truth and facts so screw them... The seller got it back and contacted Chris at Armida yesterday about it. Chris pretty much told him that there was nothing he could do, that's the way the mvt was :scratch: :banghead: That's surprising as I had heard great story about the Armida CS.
Now Im no MVT expert or watchmaker but let me add that I have had several watches with that older non hacking Myota mvt: Benarus Barracuda, Sea Devil, Moray 1, Helson SD, Bulova, Boschett CD 1 and as recently as yesterday I received a $119 shipped Jaxques Lemans with this same Myota mvt and guess what... It works and sweeps just fine :naughty: and even better I owned the Armida A1 with the same Myota and guess what... Yeah bingo, it worked just fine too :shrug:
so I will no longer buy any Armida watches from them and the seller was about to buy a A5 and blue A3... Well no more....
So there you have it!! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

did you write anything?

spiceballs

Post by spiceballs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:15 pm

My apologies JJ, missed that. (Excuse is I just had cataract op and eyesight isn't brilliant.) But thx for the info, extremely useful.
I had already pretty much decided to go the Steinhart way when I noticed that Debaufre makes an almost identical watch (??) Another "micro" I know but does anyone have any experience with Debaufre watches, or their discount codes? They do make a smaller watch (39mm) which I prefer.
Somewhat off the topic but, as a newby I'm keen to get the best I can, and you guys here seem to have most of the inside info?
Thx

spiceballs

Post by spiceballs » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Again sorry, that should have been J99 - Brice - - - - - sigh, not a good day

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:08 pm

I would personally stay away from Debaufre.

They have not been around on the forums in about a year, and seem alot of stuff is out of stock, have had issues with not getting movements for the watches, no new product in well over a year, almost 2 years since they came out with a new watch. Heard some bad CS issues recently as well, or hard to contact.

I would either buy a Steinhart, or find a Debaufre on the forums for sale, but I wouldnt buy from them direct at this point.

spiceballs

Post by spiceballs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:12 am

OK Chef, noted.
Problem is I'm in HK and buying on US (or any overseas) forum (as much as I am happy to) is difficult for the seller as they have to post to me in HK, whereas its less of a hassle for dealers - most of whom are set up for international mailing.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:44 am

spiceballs wrote:OK Chef, noted.
Problem is I'm in HK and buying on US (or any overseas) forum (as much as I am happy to) is difficult for the seller as they have to post to me in HK, whereas its less of a hassle for dealers - most of whom are set up for international mailing.
Well, if your in HK, and end up still wanting a Steinhart, buy from here, they are in Singapore.

http://gnomonwatches.com/

Whatever you end up getting, hope you enjoy it.