JLC Navy SEALs Diver Review (Picture Heavy)

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:26 pm

dukerules wrote:Great detailed review Barry. It's certainly one of the best divers on the market.
Rahul, you think everything is the best diver on the market. :mrgreen:
:htfu:

giosdad

Re: JLC Navy SEALs Diver Review (Picture Heavy)

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:28 am

Thanks guys. I am glad you like it and that it is a contribution to the forum.

I have to take my hat off to people that do these on a regular basis.

It is more work and took longer than I thought (yeah I know it was not my usual off hour drive by posts) :lol:

Gathering my thoughts while owning the watch, referring to the articles and posts I have read and then checking the facts to be accurate (there are probably still some inaccuracies but it would not be due to lack of effort) :shrug: and lastly trying to have some decent pictures with my limited camera time or skills. :banghead:

I will do my best to keep up the standard. :cheers:
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 am

FlyPenFly wrote:The only thing that sorta catches me a little wishy washy on this watch is the stencil style numerals. I don't know what would be better though.
They to push it further to that casual / tool look and are large considering the size of the watch, but I agree I am not sure what could be done and still check all the boxes they wanted to with this watch. They are sure to lose some sales because of it but not enough to have kept them up at night. Before buying this one from Zack, the BH boutique told me their records show that they cannot acquire any more. So they are still available but not at the factory meaning they are all in stores or sold to customers.
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am

homathetes wrote:Lots of interesting details, and JLC has the finesse to pull them off coherently. Also, I love the fine case finishing on the SEAL divers.
The case finishing is superb. :thumbsup:
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 am

RALAustin wrote:Great review Barry! The bracelet option intrigues me more and more on this watch, although I have really found that it wears perfectly for me on the 22mm isofrane and (for now) is beating out the GO Sports Evo and IWC Aquatimer Chrono as my lighter, more wearable weekend watch.
Find a bracelet you will not regret even though if I remember correctly you are not a bracelet type, it is that unique as a hybrid.
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:37 am

patstarrx wrote:Who reads this Shit ?

Great watch

Barry - yano I luv ya
Tutto bene!!

It is just Pat, being Pat. :cheers:
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:38 am

T.R. wrote:That's the finest single watch review/photo set I have ever read of seen. Very well done.

This watch gets my vote for coolest watch on the planet. :fro:

:salute:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks, I was hoping you guys would like it and am stoked that it is so well received and can be a reference piece.
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 am

cdnwatchguy wrote:Great review Barry. I appreciated the chance to wear yours for a few minutes at the pre-Xmas Red Bar GTG. If I hadn't already owned the NSA I would have sought out the diver in a heartbeat. (Or New York minute maybe?)
:cheers:
You're welcome. Since you own the alarm you can decide which fits your collection better. I still wonder if I want to try the alarm one day as it is quintessential watch in many ways.
Regards
Barry

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 am

matt.wu wrote:
dukerules wrote:Great detailed review Barry. It's certainly one of the best divers on the market.
It's a sickness for sure. :lol:
Regards
Barry

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 am

matt.wu wrote:
Nope, only four.

dosei
Closet Baller
Name: Dennis

Post by dosei » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Thank you very much for the great and comprehensive review!

Bree
Name: Bree

Post by Bree » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm

wow, great review and pictures, thanks!

snoballz
Baller

Post by snoballz » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Holy crap... fantastic work!

Does someone have the Cliff Notes version? :mrgreen:

-luke

Bree
Name: Bree

Post by Bree » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:08 pm

G R A I L

bzabodyn
Name: BZ

Post by bzabodyn » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:19 am

Hell of a review of a hell of a watch - last WatchTime had some good pics of it as well (kinda late to reviewing it though) - I know I've really enjoyed mine the last several months I've had it.

BZ

On leather:
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

toph
Name: Toph

Post by toph » Wed May 02, 2012 7:09 pm

simply one of the best write ups i have read in a long time. thank you

Ranger822
Name: Tony

Post by Ranger822 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Just came across this old thread. I have had this watch going on 6 years now. This watch has remained one of my most accurate watches over the years, and without any service thus far and very consistent at +2 seconds/day. If I set it crown-down for a day while I wear another watch - I loose a second and so it stays pretty consistent at +1 second if wearing every other day.

The articulated rubber bracelet has been my preferred strap of choice. I purchased the watch with the articulated rubber bracelet but also came with a rubber strap, tang clasp as well as a NATO. I bought the integrated leather strap. It was kind of pricey and in retrospect I probably shouldn't have purchased that strap. I tried all the straps but found nothing was as nice as the articulated bracelet.

The lume on this watch is supreme and even now it remains incredibly bright - for its age I would have expected it to have dimmed, and perhaps it has to some degree but compared to any other watch I have or have compared it to, it is still much brighter and long lasting.

It has been great and out of the water, while the case has some dings and the butterfly clasp has some swirls, the watch still looks great, much in part due to the ceramic bezel which looks unchanged.

I owned a Rolex Submariner and found I didn't wear it as much as the JLC Navy Seals Diver. I guess what I like about JLC Navy Seals watch is it looks great and it isn't just another one of the thousands and thousands of Rolex Subs out there. I mean, it seems like just about everyone I know that collects watches has a sub or two. But, I hardly ever see the JLC Navy Seals - its feels a bit more unique in addition to being a very nice dive watch.

I am unsure about its anti-magnetic properties but I suspect it must have some because the watch continues to be incredibly accurate despite my close exposure to EM. I think the same could be said to anti-shock. The watch has taken its share of dings and falls and seems none the worse for wear.

For me the watch as definitely proven itself to me and remains one of my top two watches for daily wear besides my Nautilus 5726A-001.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Awesome. It’s a cool watch for sure. If you plan to stick around, drop into the main forum and give us an introduction thread and tell us about yourself. If you have a hot wife or daughter, give us some pics as we’re easily amused.