Has WUS jumped the shark?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Has WUS jumped the shark?

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:01 am

lilreddivinghood wrote:akin to masterbating with a cheese grater....slightly amusing for a few seconds
I think that would be amusing for zero point zero seconds.. :shock:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 am

lilreddivinghood wrote: But one other Question about HRVs? :scratch: ....Is it true that I can fill balloons from it while ascending from a deep dive if I was using my Trimix snorkel? :tap:

Yes it is, but not many people know about that.
Should be more threads on it!
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

Post by Brian D » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:45 am

[quote="deepcdvr"]and guys that are SATdivers either don't wear a watch, or wear Gs [quote]
That's what I'm talking about :headbang: :headbang:
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die

Brian D.

Brian D
DWC Tribal Council
Name: Really?

Post by Brian D » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:53 am

suddha wrote:All these "important" issues being discussed about the arcane features of these watches and then you go out in the real world and realize no one dives with a watch anymore and hardly anyone wears a watch PERIOD!
Reminds me of a thread that XTrooper started one time about how many people take their 300m to 1000m watch off and put it in their pocket when it is raining out and have to run to the car. You'd be suprised at how many people actually admitted to doing that :raised:
The Way of the Warrior is
To Live to Die

Brian D.

t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments

Post by t20569cald » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:08 am

OH, i see :think:
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!

http://www.aegirinstruments.com

ElChingon7
Official DWC Boot Whore
Name: Glæn

Post by ElChingon7 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 am

Brian D wrote:
suddha wrote:All these "important" issues being discussed about the arcane features of these watches and then you go out in the real world and realize no one dives with a watch anymore and hardly anyone wears a watch PERIOD!
Reminds me of a thread that XTrooper started one time about how many people take their 300m to 1000m watch off and put it in their pocket when it is raining out and have to run to the car. You'd be suprised at how many people actually admitted to doing that :raised:
LOL :roll: :roll:
WTF

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 am

Brian D wrote:
:shock:

:roll:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 am

Brian D wrote:

:roll: you know, a couple of years ago, I would be surprised at the number of responses over "there" to that question - but these days, there is very little that surprises me. Pretty soon, it'll be "how many of you take your dive watch off to swim?" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

suddha
Action/Adventure Protagonist
Name: Jason

Post by suddha » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 am

Interesting how the different forums (or fora, for you Latin snobs) take on personalities.

DWC seems like a pub, as Red said - spirited conversation, serious topics mixed in with humor. Grown-ups who don't take themselves too seriously.

WUS is like a frat party - lots of boasting and hyperbolic shouting and ignorance.

TZ is like a bunch of guys in bowties at the yacht club, looking down their noses at the design of the latest Patek.

PuristsPro seems like old money guys who have some serious pieces but don't like to brag and stay discrete.

EOT - an amiable bunch of Canadians...

Military Watch Resource - serious collectors group that doesn't tolerate frivolity (the other guy, a guy got scolded for starting a What are you Wearing thread - yikes!).

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 am

suddha wrote:Interesting how the different forums (or fora, for you Latin snobs) take on personalities.

DWC seems like a pub, as Red said - spirited conversation, serious topics mixed in with humor. Grown-ups who don't take themselves too seriously.

WUS is like a frat party - lots of boasting and hyperbolic shouting and ignorance.

TZ is like a bunch of guys in bowties at the yacht club, looking down their noses at the design of the latest Patek.

PuristsPro seems like old money guys who have some serious pieces but don't like to brag and stay discrete.

EOT - an amiable bunch of Canadians...

Military Watch Resource - serious collectors group that doesn't tolerate frivolity (the other guy, a guy got scolded for starting a What are you Wearing thread - yikes!).
Haha, I'd say that's about right. Guess that's why I feel comfortable here. Never did like those frat boys. :angryfire:
:htfu: