JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by tmw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:22 am

JLC Tribute to Polaris.

Been hunting a long time. Any watch named after a missle, submarine or other extreme vehicle is good in my book :grin:

Thanks to a friend at TZ, this became at the top of the list to acquire.

Whenever I say I am not buying anything today, it turns out the exact opposite. I need to keep my mouth shut.

These come around very rarely, and a brand new one never hurts. And when it comes around, you jump on it. No pounce on it.

Image
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
DMB
Global Moderator
Posts: 7773
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 pm
Name: Magnificent Bastard
Location: On the high ground with interlocking fields of fire

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by DMB » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:26 am

THAT ... is tops on my list. It has been since I first saw it. Too bad about the price tag that comes with it.
Image

User avatar
vegaban
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by vegaban » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 am

A must have :clap: ... Congrats...¡¡¡

Image

Image

Image

Image
Bond also likes Dive Watches...Image Image

My blog about watches & military modelling: http://vegaban.blogspot.com.es/

User avatar
FlyPenFly
Posts: 4812
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:15 am
Name: Off, Jerk
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by FlyPenFly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:33 am

Oooooooh ahhhhh

duffy0401
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 am
Name: chris

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by duffy0401 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 am

:clap: :clap: Love it. I love that case.

User avatar
craniotes
Thread Pooper
Posts: 9595
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 am
Name: Ad Rock
Location: Manhattan

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by craniotes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

Ain't nuthin' wrong with a Polaris '68 (I much prefer it to the '65). This is going to go great with your DSA European, Todd!

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER
Image

User avatar
RALAustin
Posts: 3770
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Name: Rob

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by RALAustin » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 am

I will echo DMB. The BP FF was my long time Grail mainly because it was reachable in my mind used, but that is one I would probably sell the BP and others to get if I could ever get to the point of spending that much on one watch. Just perfect in every sense.

User avatar
cdnwatchguy
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am
Name: Keith
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by cdnwatchguy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 am

Now THAT is beautiful.
cheers,

Keith

User avatar
patstarrx
Becky
Posts: 18485
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 pm
Name: Pasquale
Location: Queens NYC

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by patstarrx » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 am

:love:
Pasquale

Image
NSC

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28424
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by matt.wu » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 am

Absolutely love the tributes to Polaris. Love love love it, Todd. Nicely done.
:htfu:

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council
Posts: 11717
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Montana

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by River Rat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 am

Congrats :thumbsup:

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 7865
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: J

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:25 am

That's been a favorite of mine since its release.
Congratulations!! :thumbsup:
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
bzabodyn
Posts: 4366
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:10 am
Name: BZ
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by bzabodyn » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

Wowser!!! Great catch - I know it's hard to pull the trigger on something like that, but I'm sure it felt great strapping it on for the first time...

BZ
--> Brandon

Instagram @bzabodyn214

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council
Posts: 11717
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Montana

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by River Rat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:35 am

Some thing don't look right on the hands they look relumed with what most watchmakers use and don't try to match the original color that green lume green lume don't look right.Here is a link about the reissue if you look you can tell the difference.
http://spherebymilan.blogspot.com/2008/ ... movox.html
I hope I am wrong but I thought I had to say something about my thoughts about it.Mite be strong lume and thats why the green is showing in the photo ?
Last edited by River Rat on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22796
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by jimyritz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 am

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

That is a smokin' hot watch....

Congrats Todd....

Mike

User avatar
T.R.
TRTV!
Posts: 11041
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:44 pm
Name: Tommy Tutone
Location: Sunny Central Texas
Contact:

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by T.R. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:40 am

Bad to the bone.

WOW! :love:

:fro: :fro: :fro:

And I'm even gonna throw in some Beavis on that bad boy. :headbang:
Image
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

User avatar
craniotes
Thread Pooper
Posts: 9595
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:19 am
Name: Ad Rock
Location: Manhattan

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by craniotes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:40 am

River Rat wrote:Some thing don't look right on the hands they look relumed with what most watchmakers use and don't try to match the original color that green lume green lume don't look right.Here is a link about the reissue if you look you can tell the difference.
http://spherebymilan.blogspot.com/2008/ ... movox.html
I hope I am wrong but I thought I had to say something about my thoughts about it.Mite be strong lume and thats why the green is showing in the photo ?
Milan's photos are of a prototype. The actual production pieces all have mismatched hands/dials.

Regards,
Adam
Last edited by craniotes on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
CAPT. THREAD POOPER
Image

User avatar
chris7013
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am
Name: Arrogant SOB

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by chris7013 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am

Well, this is one of those pieces you could show to the "I don't get it. Why would anyone spend that much on a watch" guy. Probably not, but if someone can't see the sex in this thing they never will.
A solid home run.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf".
--Orwell

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear".
--Orwell

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council
Posts: 11717
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Montana

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by River Rat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:44 am

craniotes wrote:
River Rat wrote:Some thing don't look right on the hands they look relumed with what most watchmakers use and don't try to match the original color that green lume green lume don't look right.Here is a link about the reissue if you look you can tell the difference.
http://spherebymilan.blogspot.com/2008/ ... movox.html
I hope I am wrong but I thought I had to say something about my thoughts about it.Mite be strong lume and thats why the green is showing in the photo ?
Milan's photos are of a prototype. The actual production pieces all have mismatched hands/dials.

Regards,
Adam
Thanks Adam

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by tmw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:49 am

River Rat wrote:
craniotes wrote:
River Rat wrote:Some thing don't look right on the hands they look relumed with what most watchmakers use and don't try to match the original color that green lume green lume don't look right.Here is a link about the reissue if you look you can tell the difference.
http://spherebymilan.blogspot.com/2008/ ... movox.html
I hope I am wrong but I thought I had to say something about my thoughts about it.Mite be strong lume and thats why the green is showing in the photo ?
Milan's photos are of a prototype. The actual production pieces all have mismatched hands/dials.

Regards,
Adam
Thanks Adam
Thanks guys for checking.

I can tell you it was AD purchased.

Todd
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by tmw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 am

thanks all - it is a beauty.

Love it.

Now to start playing straps. Me thinks natos are the course of action.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
GGD
Posts: 3977
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 pm
Location: AUSTRALIA

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by GGD » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:51 am

Wow!!! You don't muck around do you...... that's awesome Todd..... very, very nice!! Congratulations mate :cheers:

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by tmw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:30 am

chris7013 wrote:Well, this is one of those pieces you could show to the "I don't get it. Why would anyone spend that much on a watch" guy. Probably not, but if someone can't see the sex in this thing they never will.
A solid home run.
You are so right!
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2900
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by tmw » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:31 am

GGD wrote:Wow!!! You don't muck around do you...... that's awesome Todd..... very, very nice!! Congratulations mate :cheers:
Thanks don. I never expected this to pop up...
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
Enskeri
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:34 am
Location: Finland

Re: JLC Polaris...finally arrives

Post by Enskeri » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:34 am

I love Jaeger re-issues! :thumbsup:
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DenverBuff and 17 guests