What watch did you use in the Military

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
el presidente
Name: Roar

Re: What watch did you use in the Military

Post by el presidente » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:44 pm

hazmatman wrote:
el presidente wrote:We used the A and B's Doug, sadly the last ones got sold in 2000 i think.Beautiful aircrafts :love: only f-16's now, waiting for the F-35 :drool:
F-35's? That might be a long wait at this point ;)

F16 Falcons are a pilot's aircraft but not as direct as the old F5, 16s are/were all fly by wire.
Yeah i know,sad really. Cant wait to see them in real life

btw, Norway was the first country to recive the F-5's outside the US back in 1964
Pikachu is a virgin!

Enskeri

Post by Enskeri » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:47 am

Wore this Citizen chronograph while I was in the Finnish Defence Force and I still have it.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 am

Cool thread. All you military and ex-military guys on DWC rock. :salute:

Ron Jr
Darth Vader Jr
Name: Ron

Post by Ron Jr » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:56 am

When I first went into the USAF I had a T.I. LED but it broke, don't remember what happened it was so long ago. Then I bought this Seiko LCD GMT at the BX one of the earliest LCDs. I paid a fortune for it.

Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I met you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master.
Obi-Wan: Only a master of evil, Darth.

Donoman

Post by Donoman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Reviving this great old tread.
In the USAF in late 80s I wore a cheap Casio that got destroyed. Had the issued Hamilton as well. Didn't care for it much and some cheap Timex that got destroyed. I was a diesel mechanic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donoman

Post by Donoman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Reviving this great old tread.
In the USAF in late 80s I wore a cheap Casio that got destroyed. Had the issued Hamilton as well. Didn't care for it much and some cheap Timex that got destroyed. I was a diesel mechanic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:52 am

Fun to see this old thread, and odd that I never posted in it. Back in the dawn o’ time, I carried a pocket watch on the boat. A hand wind Westclox Pocket Ben. Just easier to have nothing on fingers or wrists in the engine room.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:06 am

At the great 30AG Infantry OSUT inprocessing at Sand Hill, Ft. Benning, Georgia, I bought some cheap indiglo Ironman for $30-40 which I still have but no longer works.

Then one day I spent $150 on a G-shock in Fayetteville which was a lot of money. About two months later I lost it during a nasty jump into JRTC Ft. Polk.

So I went back to the Ironman until I was discharged. :shrug:

Didn't get back into watches until 2005.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:07 am

This is a great thread. It's too bad that Photobucket decimated it.
- Todd

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:19 am

Since photobucket screwed us here are a few photo's they stole
The Seiko I used most of my Navy career it has been relumed and sapphire crystal installed by Jack at IWW to give it new life after I got out of the Navy the lume was shot turned grey and falling off..
And it on my wrist when in the Navy

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:29 am

425ranger wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm
1st year

next 15 years

Issued watch (wore it to ranger school, blew it out in a week)

Off to war... Primary watch (Before the polish job, it was black)

and back up..

Thats it.
Hey if you want a replacement watch of the one you blew out in ranger school I got one I will give you just give me a PM. It's a wind up and hacks. But only if you use it once in a while and not for resale. And it mite need a service down the road I never had it service so it's probably in need of one.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:15 am

Chocodove wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:07 am
This is a great thread. It's too bad that Photobucket decimated it.
Much as I hate dredging up old threads this was a good one and such a pity Photobucket and their demand for money has ruined it.
I have recently found that I can download my photo's from Photobucket back into my smartphone so all is not lost. I noticed a lot of names in this thread that no longer visit DWC, that's a shame too.
Andy :uj:

namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 pm

When I arrived at Camp Lejeune, I learned that for $10 the supply sgt would "issue" a Benrus without the paperwork to you. I wore that until my first deployment overseas, by which time the Recon guys had convinced me that only a Sea Dweller was worth wearing. I bought one for the princely sum of $425 (that was a month's pre-tax pay for a L/Cpl at the time) and wore it 24x7 for most of my career. Even with the fliplock clasp, though, I discovered that the jerk of your parachute opening could pop the clasp and almost lost it on a jump. After that I always taped it closed.

The only other watch I wore in the service was pure luck - a former SF dive buddy showed me his Seiko 6159-7010 600M shrouded ti diver and I immediately bought one when I got back to Naha in Okinawa. That started my decades old love affair with Seiko that continues to this day.
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm

namor wrote:When I arrived at Camp Lejeune, I learned that for $10 the supply sgt would "issue" a Benrus without the paperwork to you. I wore that until my first deployment overseas, by which time the Recon guys had convinced me that only a Sea Dweller was worth wearing. I bought one for the princely sum of $425 (that was a month's pre-tax pay for a L/Cpl at the time) and wore it 24x7 for most of my career. Even with the fliplock clasp, though, I discovered that the jerk of your parachute opening could pop the clasp and almost lost it on a jump. After that I always taped it closed.

The only other watch I wore in the service was pure luck - a former SF dive buddy showed me his Seiko 6159-7010 600M shrouded ti diver and I immediately bought one when I got back to Naha in Okinawa. That started my decades old love affair with Seiko that continues to this day.
Do you still have that SD? I’d love to see pics.
- Todd