bill yao speaks out!!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Americandave
Name: Dave

Re: bill yao speaks out!!

Post by Americandave » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 am

marchone wrote:You guys burn Bill in effigy yet?
We're waiting on delivery of a MKII to burn with the effigy. Should be ready for a roast sometime between QE1 and QE4 2018-2025, but delays are a strong possibility.

Anyone seen the documentary on the crazy horse monument? If I had better photoshop skills I'd photoshop a MKII watch onto the wrist of that 50 year old, unfinished statue.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Any Basel teasers or releases from MkII?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:16 pm

sierra11b wrote:Any Basel teasers or releases from MkII?
Looks like he posted a GMT dial that might be for a LRRP but not the GMT he is suppose to be releasing first.

If I am correct he usually shows off something new at the GTG's, not Basel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:55 am

How long would this WUS thread have lasted in the Official MK II forum?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/why-mk ... 99786.html
Send lawyers, guns and money...

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:05 am

That thread personifies the idiocy of WUS.
only accurate watches are interesting

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 am

hidden by leaves wrote:How long would this WUS thread have lasted in the Official MK II forum?

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/why-mk ... 99786.html
It would have been shut asap and I bet this one gets shut down when OmegaCockHead see's it.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Surprised by the tone of that thread.

I recognize a couple of old handles back when I was a fan and it appears some are finally naysayers. More and more and starting to break...

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:27 pm

The level of stupidity in that thread is off the charts. They apparently find "clues" as Yao isn't providing updates, rather he posts different things on different formats (WUS, FB, IG). Those idiot fanboys actually seem to look at it as a challenge, rather than call Yao out for his lack of communication with customers. The fools fail to see the disorganization as a symptom of a larger, pending failure. Absolutely unreal.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:24 pm

That's a pretty good assessment Ed.
only accurate watches are interesting

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:01 pm

That rajenmanier character is obviously a Yow fanboy. He's such a condescending prick.
No, it's not Tourettes.

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 pm

ChuckW wrote:That rajenmanier character is obviously a Yow fanboy. He's such a condescending prick.
thailand is banning underboob...i am glad we have u

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:45 pm

"underboob"? That might be the most interesting thing in this entire thread to date. We already know 1) Bill Yao is a swindler and 2) his fanbois are idiots who keep giving him their money. So what and why with the underboob? (My guess is this is going to need a separate post in the RR ;) ).
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:09 pm

BSears wrote:"underboob"? That might be the most interesting thing in this entire thread to date. We already know 1) Bill Yao is a swindler and 2) his fanbois are idiots who keep giving him their money. So what and why with the underboob? (My guess is this is going to need a separate post in the RR ;) ).
Post of the day! :clap:

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:22 pm

ChuckW wrote:That BillYao'spenisinhismouth character is obviously a Yow fanboy. He's such a condescending prick.

RR time? :shrug:

Americandave

Post by Americandave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:13 am

Check out the MKII Facebook page - he's got photos of his favourite Swiss meals and the swank bars and boutiques at baselworld.

I'd be pissed if I knew my five year old deposit was paying for Yao's personal watch vacations and delicious Swiss meals, but it looks like his fanboys are inventing stories about meeting suppliers!

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 am

Americandave wrote:Check out the MKII Facebook page - he's got photos of his favourite Swiss meals and the swank bars and boutiques at baselworld.

I'd be pissed if I knew my five year old deposit was paying for Yao's personal watch vacations and delicious Swiss meals, but it looks like his fanboys are inventing stories about meeting suppliers!
Perhaps he is flying his suppliers to Switzerland as well. Meeting them halfway between.

Americandave

Post by Americandave » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:28 am

dnslater wrote:
Americandave wrote:Check out the MKII Facebook page - he's got photos of his favourite Swiss meals and the swank bars and boutiques at baselworld.

Perhaps he is flying his suppliers to Switzerland as well. Meeting them halfway between.

Haha, possibly but if he is so busy he can't update on the progress of his watches, why does he have time to blog his trips to swank restaurants and bars?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:30 am

Americandave wrote:
dnslater wrote:

Haha, possibly but if he is so busy he can't update on the progress of his watches, why does he have time to blog his trips to swank restaurants and bars?
Funny that they are speculating he is meeting them their, why they hell would they fly from Asia there to Basel to talk business???? :shrug: He hasn't said that any of his parts were made in Europe. At one time he had watches assembled in Switzerland but then he came back with an excuse that the swiss assemblers were doing a bad job at it, so he started doing it all himself again.

Oh in other news his watch service center has lowered his wait times from 1 year for repairs to 6 months. To me that screws there are a lot of broken MK's out there. :stir: And this guy ONLY does Yao work now because of this it seems.

Americandave

Post by Americandave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:26 am

haha btw wasn't the start to this thread a "monthly column"?

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:15 am

Americandave wrote:haha btw wasn't the start to this thread a "monthly column"?
Its him wanting to be 'understood' in an interview...

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:43 am

I doubt he meets anyone except for casual business encounters.... Romers and such. He did post he met up with the Graeminator on the trip.

Basel is a yearly trip and business write off.... that's it.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:26 am

justsellbrgs wrote:I doubt he meets anyone except for casual business encounters.... Romers and such. He did post he met up with the Graeminator on the trip.

Basel is a yearly trip and business write off.... that's it.
I don't know he just posted on WUS so he might be charging that time also. :stir:

The Stingray II was actually scheduled to be released back in 2010 but was delayed because of delivery issues with the Kingston and the economic situation at the time. If the Stingray II comes out first the reason will be because it was started first.

Latest news on the Project 300

And yes it is correct that we haven't taken any pre-orders on the Stingray II. We are trying to shorten the time between when we take funds for a project and when the actual project is ready to ship.

Sorry....in advance...still won't have time to get back to the forum regularly. Trying to get the Project 300 and GMT farther along.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:32 am

was delayed because of delivery issues with the Kingston and the economic situation at the time
translation: "i spend all the money on something else and the vendors wouldn't deliver because i couldn't pay them."

namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:10 pm

How does he get away with saying that he started a watch project in 2010 - FIVE years ago - and he's still working on getting it going? After taking money for it.

I see this, then I see the phenomenal work that has completely transpired within this time frame by the likes of Aegir, and slightly more modestly by Resco, both one man bands. Both of whose output compares favorably to the utterly insipid copycat work of MKII. Is Frank Abagnale his CFO?
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Maybe Mr. Yao should partner with Randall Benson? Yao could handle production and design, Benson in the modifications and customer service. They could get that Oliver bronze guy to coordinate shipping. QC could be outsourced to Kobold. All win.