What's the deal with Reddit?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16070
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
r.palace wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:It seems sellers post several pics but i always see one only Image
One “sales” picture and the rest of the pictures in a link with a time stamp that includes date and username
Uh
I don’t have links for my photos.
I uploaded to my images and timestamp to Imgur and used those links just because that's how I saw others do it.....yes, there are hoops, but it opens a new audience :pray:

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 26881
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
r.palace wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:It seems sellers post several pics but i always see one only Image
One “sales” picture and the rest of the pictures in a link with a time stamp that includes date and username
Uh
I don’t have links for my photos.
I uploaded to my images and timestamp to Imgur and used those links just because that's how I saw others do it.....yes, there are hoops, but it opens a new audience :pray:
I don’t upload/host my pics on any site
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16070
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
r.palace wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:It seems sellers post several pics but i always see one only Image
One “sales” picture and the rest of the pictures in a link with a time stamp that includes date and username
Uh
I don’t have links for my photos.
I uploaded to my images and timestamp to Imgur and used those links just because that's how I saw others do it.....yes, there are hoops, but it opens a new audience :pray:
I don’t upload/host my pics on any site
Gotcha

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25090
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by BBK357 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
r.palace wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:It seems sellers post several pics but i always see one only Image
One “sales” picture and the rest of the pictures in a link with a time stamp that includes date and username
Uh
I don’t have links for my photos.
I uploaded to my images and timestamp to Imgur and used those links just because that's how I saw others do it.....yes, there are hoops, but it opens a new audience :pray:
I don’t upload/host my pics on any site

You’ll need Imgur or something similar for an album. Took me a minute to figure that out too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44312
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:58 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 pm
r.palace wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:It seems sellers post several pics but i always see one only Image
One “sales” picture and the rest of the pictures in a link with a time stamp that includes date and username
Uh
I don’t have links for my photos.
I uploaded to my images and timestamp to Imgur and used those links just because that's how I saw others do it.....yes, there are hoops, but it opens a new audience :pray:
I don’t upload/host my pics on any site
You can upload the pics to imug and list them as hidden when uploading them. Then only you can see them until you post them. I usually copy one pic to me pc with a current time stamp and use that as my front page pic. The rest I put in my listing called the bbc code.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 33139
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 pm

It’s too much hassle for me. Hard enough to weed out the goofballs on WUS, I certainly don’t need another format to worry about. Good luck!

User avatar
1watchaholic
Posts: 5151
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm
Name: Gary
Location: Los Angeles, CA. USA

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:50 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 pm
It’s too much hassle for me. Hard enough to weed out the goofballs on WUS, I certainly don’t need another format to worry about. Good luck!
:roll:
Image
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16070
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:28 am

The Doxa sold - my first sell on Reddit a thanks for the support!
You never know but the buyer seemed cool in messages.. not the kind that ask you fill out an excel sheet of questions.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25090
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by BBK357 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am

rockmastermike wrote:The Doxa sold - my first sell on Reddit a thanks for the support!
You never know but the buyer seemed cool in messages.. not the kind that ask you fill out an excel sheet of questions.
You’re Seiko should go fast there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16070
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:02 am

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:48 am
rockmastermike wrote:The Doxa sold - my first sell on Reddit a thanks for the support!
You never know but the buyer seemed cool in messages.. not the kind that ask you fill out an excel sheet of questions.
You’re Seiko should go fast there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will list it there tonight after work :thumbsup:

Mr_Pacman
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 pm
Name: James
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Mr_Pacman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm

if you want some real fun, try out the reddit watchuraffle section. I won a speedy pro 3572 hesalite sandwich and an Eterna Big Date Vaughan over the course of a couple months. Figure I was into them for around $1,200 USD once I factored in my losses from all the raffles I participated in. After selling both watches, I was up around $3,600

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by tyd450 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am

Mr_Pacman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm
if you want some real fun, try out the reddit watchuraffle section. I won a speedy pro 3572 hesalite sandwich and an Eterna Big Date Vaughan over the course of a couple months. Figure I was into them for around $1,200 USD once I factored in my losses from all the raffles I participated in. After selling both watches, I was up around $3,600
I won a Tudor Pelagos LHD awhile back, that shit is dangerous though! Very easy to get sucked in.... and some of those guys are absolutely insane with the amount of money they throw at raffles. I'm not too active over there but definitely lurk for awhile and figure out how it works before you jump in, they have some very strict rules and are quick to ban.

My favorite part of reddit is watching Terry argue with everyone all the time, I think it is his personal mission :grin:

Mr_Pacman
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:12 pm
Name: James
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Mr_Pacman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 am

tyd450 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am
Mr_Pacman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:25 pm
if you want some real fun, try out the reddit watchuraffle section. I won a speedy pro 3572 hesalite sandwich and an Eterna Big Date Vaughan over the course of a couple months. Figure I was into them for around $1,200 USD once I factored in my losses from all the raffles I participated in. After selling both watches, I was up around $3,600
I won a Tudor Pelagos LHD awhile back, that shit is dangerous though! Very easy to get sucked in.... and some of those guys are absolutely insane with the amount of money they throw at raffles. I'm not too active over there but definitely lurk for awhile and figure out how it works before you jump in, they have some very strict rules and are quick to ban.

My favorite part of reddit is watching Terry argue with everyone all the time, I think it is his personal mission :grin:
I've stopped buying the raffles after I won't the 2nd watch (eterna). Figured it was time to quit while I was ahead of the game as it was just a matter of time before I would be underwater as it's easy to lose a lot of money quickly.

User avatar
Erratic101
Posts: 2406
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am
Name: Justyn

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm

BBK357 wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:The Doxa sold - my first sell on Reddit a thanks for the support!
You never know but the buyer seemed cool in messages.. not the kind that ask you fill out an excel sheet of questions.
You’re Seiko should go fast there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noooo. You shut your mouth! Lol

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44312
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm

tyd450 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am
My favorite part of reddit is watching Terry argue with everyone all the time, I think it is his personal mission :grin:
I get bored sometimes. :shrug: :mrgreen:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28329
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by matt.wu » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm

I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
:htfu:

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by tyd450 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:46 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm
tyd450 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am
My favorite part of reddit is watching Terry argue with everyone all the time, I think it is his personal mission :grin:
I get bored sometimes. :shrug: :mrgreen:
Rolex uses a scratch proof version of ceramic. I know that this is true because they are Rolex and use the best, also, one time my nato strap I had on my submariner caused both of my spring bars to fail simultaneously and my sub fell on to the ground. The ceramic bezel was free of any damage (top grade ceramic super quality) as was the sapphire crystal (top grade/quality because this is a ROLEX). the only way this could have been scratched or damaged was if I dropped the watch into a pile of diamonds, which thankfully, I did not.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44312
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:55 pm

tyd450 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:46 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 pm
tyd450 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:30 am
My favorite part of reddit is watching Terry argue with everyone all the time, I think it is his personal mission :grin:
I get bored sometimes. :shrug: :mrgreen:
Rolex uses a scratch proof version of ceramic. I know that this is true because they are Rolex and use the best, also, one time my nato strap I had on my submariner caused both of my spring bars to fail simultaneously and my sub fell on to the ground. The ceramic bezel was free of any damage (top grade ceramic super quality) as was the sapphire crystal (top grade/quality because this is a ROLEX). the only way this could have been scratched or damaged was if I dropped the watch into a pile of diamonds, which thankfully, I did not.
Hahaha those mtf'ers love drinking the marketing soup that Rolex feeds them. :mrgreen: Oh and their comment is usually "the Rolex forum says" :roll:

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16070
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:35 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28329
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by matt.wu » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
Image
:htfu:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44312
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:53 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
Image
I left feedback "One of the best buyers and sellers in the biz. This og watch guy has done thousands of transitions action in the watch world. He puts the WU in Wu-Tang!!"

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6141
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by Chocodove » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
Image
I left feedback "One of the best buyers and sellers in the biz. This og watch guy has done thousands of transitions action in the watch world. He puts the WU in Wu-Tang!!"
Thousands of transition actions?



:)

- Todd

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 33139
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:04 pm

Chocodove wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
Image
I left feedback "One of the best buyers and sellers in the biz. This og watch guy has done thousands of transitions action in the watch world. He puts the WU in Wu-Tang!!"
Thousands of transition actions?



:)
That sounds like he’s selling gender reassignment surgery.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 44312
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:05 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:39 pm
rockmastermike wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm
I’ll have to give it a shot. Navigating WUS is impossible now with all the ads.

I had an old user account. Would appreciate feedback in the exchange feedback area.

u/0x4d40
Done - feedback left :salute:
Image
I left feedback "One of the best buyers and sellers in the biz. This og watch guy has done thousands of transitions action in the watch world. He puts the WU in Wu-Tang!!"
Thousands of transition actions?



:)
hahaha good catch. my redneck voice to text suxs. and so does my typing.

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 3368
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: What's the deal with Reddit?

Post by nweash » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:14 pm

I left Matt some feedback. My username on there is passwrdistaco.

When it comes to raffles. Do you guys ever worry some seller wants to get his buddy his watch for cheap?

Say I list a raffle for a watch and my buddy pays the raffle fee. I get x amount of others to do it to cover my watch then just say my buddy won.

Seems easy to fuck with.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abuemily, aztecknight, CoachH and 32 guests